College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'll stand by what I said about Meyer back when he got hired: if he wins us two NCs and leaves in five years, then I'm fine with that. I remember how stupid whiny the Florida fan base was when he left, then came back to coaching. Idiots, he won you 2 national championships.

Will never forget the title of the article about big, bad Urban Meyer and how destroyed Florida. "From Champs to Chomped: How Urban Meyer Broke Florida Football." My default response to every idiotic Florida fan after OSU hired him was simply... "I hope he breaks OSU football the same way he broke Florida football."

Hey now. Florida fans will be forever grateful for Meyer winning a title with Zook's guys, then winning another a couple years later with his own. He is a fantastic coach and recruiter, nobody can argue against that. It's the way he left that left a bad taste in our mouths. After he retired, then unretired, came back for a lame duck season where he clearly didn't give a shit about anything because he regretted coming back and was counting the days til the end of the season so he could "retire" again. THAT is the shit that pissed us off.

We had a ridiculous amount of drama inside the locker room and out. Guys constantly getting in trouble, upperclassmen vs underclassmen, a pocket QB against a slot receiver against a tight end all battling for snaps at quarterback which led to even more division in the locker room, coaches getting in fights with players, you name it. The dive-dive-sack-punt offense they continued to trot out there game after game. No discipline or accountability whatsoever. That team was so fucking dysfunctional and Meyer did NOTHING about it. His heart clearly wasn't in it anymore and to add salt to the wound, very few recruits stuck around for the new staff after all that shit.

I'm sure there's a very small percentage of Florida fans that cried about Meyer being a terrible coach or whatever, and I'm sure they are all morons. But every college team has a small percentage of douchebag idiot fans, and Ohio State is certainly no exception. As a diehard lifelong Florida fan, believe me when I say the majority of Gator fans are extremely proud of what Meyer accomplished, despite the embarrassment the program suffered as a result of his final season there. If he would have just stayed retied his image wouldn't have been tarnished. Either way, he's still a great coach that Florida fans were lucky to have for a few years.

Besides Harbaugh making his debut, I don't think it's that big of a game.

31-10 Utah against a lack luster performance from Michigan that barely gets 350 yards of total offensive.

24-17 I was close.

Michigan 279 passing yards, 76 Rushing yards = 355 yards of total offense and one pick 6

missed on the Central Michigan pick but they played Oklahoma St pretty good. had the lead going midway thru the 3rd.

Hey now. Florida fans will be forever grateful for Meyer winning a title with Zook's guys, then winning another a couple years later with his own. He is a fantastic coach and recruiter, nobody can argue against that. It's the way he left that left a bad taste in our mouths. After he retired, then unretired, came back for a lame duck season where he clearly didn't give a shit about anything because he regretted coming back and was counting the days til the end of the season so he could "retire" again. THAT is the shit that pissed us off.

We had a ridiculous amount of drama inside the locker room and out. Guys constantly getting in trouble, upperclassmen vs underclassmen, a pocket QB against a slot receiver against a tight end all battling for snaps at quarterback which led to even more division in the locker room, coaches getting in fights with players, you name it. The dive-dive-sack-punt offense they continued to trot out there game after game. No discipline or accountability whatsoever. That team was so fucking dysfunctional and Meyer did NOTHING about it. His heart clearly wasn't in it anymore and to add salt to the wound, very few recruits stuck around for the new staff after all that shit.

I'm sure there's a very small percentage of Florida fans that cried about Meyer being a terrible coach or whatever, and I'm sure they are all morons. But every college team has a small percentage of douchebag idiot fans, and Ohio State is certainly no exception. As a diehard lifelong Florida fan, believe me when I say the majority of Gator fans are extremely proud of what Meyer accomplished, despite the embarrassment the program suffered as a result of his final season there. If he would have just stayed retied his image wouldn't have been tarnished. Either way, he's still a great coach that Florida fans were lucky to have for a few years.

I wish the level-headed, intelligent Florida fans like you would have put the idiot Florida fans in check a few years ago.

And Ohio State probably has the most douchebag idiot fans from a numbers perspective. I cringe anytime I get into a random CFB conversation with an Ohio State fan randomly in like a Giant Eagle or something before game day. "OMFG WE ARE GOING TO BEAT INDIANA BY LIKE 871 POINTS BECAUSE OHIO STATE IS LIKE OHIO AND STATE AND SHIT BRO."

Lmao

I didn't think you could get much worse watching the Michigan kicker. Then the attempt by Minnesota proved me wrong. Fucking terrible attempts

Very ugly attempts indeed, but not half as atrocious as the QB play going on. When the Jerry Kill Spirit Animals got the ball back with 30ish seconds left you just knew the guy didn't have the arm that type of drive needed.

It just goes to highlight how lucky the Bucks are to have this QB "problem" right now.

Which begs the question, wtf with TCU? Minne is a decent squad, fo sho, and that defense looked pretty good at times, but shouldn't TCU have won by like 35? Their lack of ability to run the ball late in a game to kill it is a serious concern if they don't have a several TD lead.

With the exception of Georgia Tech, no one looked really dynamite yesterday. I'm guessing that's how the weekend is going to play out as well. First few weeks every team has to gel and find a rhythm.

TCU certainly didn't look like the #2 team that they are ranked or Minnesota is severely underrated, which I doubt is he case. TCU has some work to do if they want in a top 4 spot.

Which begs the question, wtf with TCU? Minne is a decent squad, fo sho, and that defense looked pretty good at times, but shouldn't TCU have won by like 35? Their lack of ability to run the ball late in a game to kill it is a serious concern if they don't have a several TD lead.

I posted my feelings on TCU possibly returning to a more "normal" existence (along with Baylor) in the last thread. TCU lost a good chunk of their defense which was mean last season and returned basically their whole offense which averaged over 45ppg last season. They're going to be leaning on their offense most of the season and if they can only put up 23 in tough games they could be in for a few losses this season.

Fantastic vid.

A couple random thoughts:

- I was watching a Bosa highlight video today and I was taken with just how strong and fast he is. I know, this is news to no one, but still it was weird seeing how easily he blows lineman up, how fast he goes around them, how quickly he closes on a runner, and just how easy he makes tackles look. It's no wonder everyone is gaga over his pro prospects, considering just how freakishly athletic he is. I'm really glad this dude plays for my team.

- so the VT game is, I believe, our first time we have opened the season on the road since 1998, which is when we went to West Virginia and smacked them around (and I think they were ranked, too?). Of course, we entered that season as #1 and we on a roll until Michigan State came to Ohio Stadium in November. Sound familiar?

Fantastic vid.

- I was watching a Bosa highlight video today and I was taken with just how strong and fast he is. I know, this is news to no one, but still it was weird seeing how easily he blows lineman up, how fast he goes around them, how quickly he closes on a runner, and just how easy he makes tackles look. It's no wonder everyone is gaga over his pro prospects, considering just how freakishly athletic he is. I'm really glad this dude plays for my team.

- so the VT game is, I believe, our first time we have opened the season on the road since 1998, which is when we went to West Virginia and smacked them around (and I think they were ranked, too?). Of course, we entered that season as #1 and we on a roll until Michigan State came to Ohio Stadium in November. Sound familiar?

Fantastic vid.

Fantastic vid.

WE BROKE THE THREAD IN TWO FUCKING PAGES!!! WHAT THE HELL?!

But seriously...Bosa makes me feel inadequate as a man.

I had a dream the other night that we won by 3+ touchdowns. It was fuzzy so I don't remember exactly, but we won big. So take it to the bank, boys.

Sounding like redshirt freshman Parris Campbell will start opposite Mike Thomas at the other WR spot Monday night.

He played mostly RB in HS and was recruited as basically another "Percy Harvin" type guy but is apparently just a plain WR now. Interesting note about him... he is young. He was 16 when he got to OSU, turned 17 his first summer in Columbus and just recently turned 18. He's younger than many of the true freshmen on the team. He skipped either kindergarten or first grade, not sure which.

Sounding like redshirt freshman Parris Campbell will start opposite Mike Thomas at the other WR spot Monday night.

He played mostly RB in HS and was recruited as basically another "Percy Harvin" type guy but is apparently just a plain WR now. Interesting note about him... he is young. He was 16 when he got to OSU, turned 17 his first summer in Columbus and just recently turned 18. He's younger than many of the true freshmen on the team. He skipped either kindergarten or first grade, not sure which.

Sounds dynamic, athletic, and smart - I'll take that every time. :cool:

WE BROKE THE THREAD IN TWO FUCKING PAGES!!! WHAT THE HELL?!

But seriously...Bosa makes me feel inadequate as a man.

I had a dream the other night that we won by 3+ touchdowns. It was fuzzy so I don't remember exactly, but we won big. So take it to the bank, boys.

LOL, when I saw the double post, I was like, "Uh, we started the new thread to avoid the double-posting glitch, not cause it."