College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

I don't dislike Urban, in fact I've calmed down on him. I still stand behind him missing out on top wr's, I'm not alone in that thinking. I can't argue with his results on the field, but I don't have to suck him off either. Much like when you feel the need to bitch about something, but overlook it later ha-ha. I recall you bitching about the team looking uninterested or the play calling sucking, but that's totally different because its you. You remind me of the spoiled kid who ifnits notnhis way, its no way. At the end of the day, I cheer for OSU win or lose, I just see things that are wrong and comment on them.

I will voice frustration over small in the moment things, but I also look at the big picture and realize what is bad (Schutt) and what is just a pain in the ass at the time and know it will be fine. Urban has missed on a few WR but guys like Dixon, Clark and KJ Hill were all considered big gets.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like 5 clarify that I am not hating on ttun. I am impressed, for sure. But they are still going to lose in Columbus, and it's still going to be sweet when it happens. :-)

Game isn't in columbus this year......oops. I tried to tell people two things about scUM. First, they will be better with Harbaugh almost immediately and 2nd, the fans will be like Bengals fans were when they started winning again. They are solid, but next week will tell us how far they have come as well as against OSU. The rivalry needed this to happen as well as the B1G needed another solid team. Should be a good one for sure.

One more, in terms of all time buckeye, Braxton isn't even iny top 5. He didn't make a change for the team, he changed to better his stock at the next level. He knew much like I've been saying, he's not a QB in the NFL. While he wasn't selfish in doing so, he shouldn't be looked upon as some great guy for doing it. He did what was best for him, it just happened to be what's best for the team as well.

Even if you're correct - and I don't think you are - what does that have to do with him not being worthy of Top 5 consideration? Tiger Woods is about the biggest dick in the golfing universe and undoubtedly is top 1 or 2 all time. Him being a dick doesn't affect his ranking; not sure why Braxton being a little selfish or not an NFL prototypical QB has to do with him not being a great Buckeye player.

The argument was hes a great buckeye because he's a team player. I countered with the fact he made a choice to better himself. I never down talked the dude for his decision. Jist stating his position move was not all for the team, it was for his career. Also, he went to Urban with the idea. Going solely off on field things, he's not top 5 for me all time at OSU. He's top 15 but not top 5, that's all.

Hopefully tcu goes down and with they or Oklahoma beat Baylor, big12 left out again would be tits haha

For those who want an unbiased look at OSU's current talent...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

For those who don't want to click...

#1 Bosa

#12 Decker

#13 Zeke

#20 Thomas

#29 Lee

#31 Washington

#45 Bell

#77 Perry

#90 Elflein

Bosa doesn't have the sacks on his stat sheet right now but he has more QB pressures, hits and hurries than anyone on the team. And he missed a game. If you actually focus on Bosa for just one series you'll see the kind of effect he is having on basically every single snap he's in.

And I am honestly surprised Urban went with JT in the red zone. I know I posted the stats and stuff about Cardale's struggles there this season and I posted about Urban's call-in show Thursday afternoon and watching Houston Thursday night but I didn't expect anything to change really. But Urban was proactive and in his post-game presser he even admitted to watching Houston Thursday night and thinking that JT in the red zone with the Q run had to happen. It annoyed me at first because you think, if JT is the guy you trust in the most important part of the field why isn't he the guy you trust everywhere? Urban was actually asked this same question at his post-game presser and basically responded with "that's a good question." But it worked. OSU went from 6/16 in the red zone in weeks 1-5 to 6/6 in the red zone today. Is Maryland some amazing defense? Of course not. But neither were Hawaii, Western Michigan or Indiana.

I keep thinking or maybe I should say hoping that the team is having trouble getting up for these games. Mix that with everyone's best shot and you get what you see right now. I hope they are able to turn things on when they face a team they actually believe can beat them.

I was at the game yesterday and was just hoping someone would realize you have to stay in your rushing lanes when rushing the QB. They never seemed to make that adjustment - they just blindly fought to get the QB.

I finally figured out what I don't like about OSU vs other teams. Watch any other team play and it's a collective team effort. Michigan is a great example of that. They don't have any real super stars per se but the entire team is great as a unit.

The Buckeyes for example is filled with a bunch of Kobe's. Always want the ball and make a big play to get attention and up their draft stock. It isn't a team effort. It's a one man show every down. The arrogance that comes from it posses me off.

Michigan State/scUM is looking to be a great game. I bet the line is something like -2.5 scUM. They're looking like a playoff team to this point as much as I hate to say it. I wonder if MSU can continue its prestige over the past 5-6 years moving forward with the emergence of scUM.

Sparty hasn't looked to good past few games. Barely squeaking by Purdue and Rutgers Lol. I predict Michigan to dominate them.

Yeah. At this point, I'm trying to determine if MSU is pulling an OSU and playing wayyyy down to their competition, or if they're just not that good. Right now if I had to make a prediction...

MSU 17

scUM 30

Then we play scUM for who goes to the B1G championship and playoff. Crazy Harbaugh has this team playing at this high of a level this fast.