2015 Mustang GT Boosted

88lx5oh

I've been thinking about doing this. Probably will when I do my spring install.

Question on the rear springs. BMR says to wait to tighten all the nuts and bolts until the car is on the ground, to allow some preload and prevent premature bushing failure.

Is that basically just get them all finger tight, lower car to the ground, and then back off a 1/4 turn and then tighten all down to appropriate tq specs?

I've never had to do that before...

i did exactly what BMR said to do when i did my IRS and diff bushings. but when i had to pull the knuckles to install the axles, i didn't. why? because tightening the bolts with the car on the ground is a PIA. it would be a lot easier if you have some 10" blocks or so to set the rear tires on to load the suspension and then tighten. there is virtually no room underneath the car to tighten certain bolts. especially on mine since its lowered.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what all did you get?

Steeda S550 Mustang Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System - rethane

ELK012 - End Link Kit For Sway Bars, Set Of 4

TCA045 - Vertical Link, Rear Lower Control Arms, Spherical

CB005 -^Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit

CJR001 - Chassis Jacking Rail

TR005 Toe Rods, Rear, Double Adjustable, Rod Ends

BK055 - Bearing Kit, Lower Control Arm, Rear

SB043 -^Sway Bar Kit With Bushings, Front (SB044), Rear (SB045)

SP080 - Lowering Springs, Set Of 4, Performance

FC003 -^Camber Bolts, Front, 2.5 Degrees Offset

Ford Racing Knuckle to Toe Link Bearing Assembly

Ford Racing Mustang Jounce Bumper and Hardware Pack

Still waiting on my sway bars to ship. That and they sent me some bracket for an F-Body instead of my toe rods so I'm waiting to hear back on that so I can get a return label.

i did exactly what BMR said to do when i did my IRS and diff bushings. but when i had to pull the knuckles to install the axles, i didn't. why? because tightening the bolts with the car on the ground is a PIA. it would be a lot easier if you have some 10" blocks or so to set the rear tires on to load the suspension and then tighten. there is virtually no room underneath the car to tighten certain bolts. especially on mine since its lowered.

I was asking because their instructions basically stop after they say to preload and tighten bolts. No description of how to do that...

My springs and bolts will be here today.

I was asking because their instructions basically stop after they say to preload and tighten bolts. No description of how to do that...

My springs and bolts will be here today.

I plan to put mine back on the ground then back it up on ramps to tighten. I put my exhaust on with just ramps, it's not too comfy under there but I'm pretty sure I can reach all the rear suspension bolts.

Still waiting on my sway bars to ship. That and they sent me some bracket for an F-Body instead of my toe rods so I'm waiting to hear back on that so I can get a return label.

That is a ton of stuff - are you taking it road racing?

That is a ton of stuff - are you taking it road racing?

It gets run hard on the road quite a bit. Also autox just for fun (I don't care what class I end up in) and a couple times on the track each year.

I've only spent about half what the Performance Pack would have cost on the upfront cost of the car to have a much better setup. The other features of the PP don't interest me much.

It gets run hard on the road quite a bit. Also autox just for fun (I don't care what class I end up in) and a couple times on the track each year.

I've only spent about half what the Performance Pack would have cost on the upfront cost of the car to have a much better setup. The other features of the PP don't interest me much.

What those without it, say ;)

I totes don't want something better, legit want the less awesome stuff. :fa:

What those without it, say ;)

I know Aaron is just kidding. Nick can attest to the fact that I was very specific when I ordered the car. Every option is on my car, or not, for a reason.

My needs for the car are a little different than most people. Basically a grand touring jack of all trades. I prefer things like a spare tire over an inflation kit when powering through 4500 miles or so in a little over a week on a schedule.

Lots of people who paid for the PP are tossing all the pieces they paid extra for, I just chose to only pay once. :)

That's cool - just seemed like a ton of parts on basically a new car. I figured there must be a specific purpose as I assume these handle pretty well stock.

They do alright in stock form, just hard as hell to launch as they want to hop pretty bad. I PAX'd 19th overall down here my 1st time out in mine being bone stock.

Ryan, hell of a build, keep it going!:megusta:

you guys are more than welcome to bring the cars over to my heated pole barn, and we can lay into them. i should have all the tools you need, 60 gallon air compressor, etc. you just have to nail down a day/time you want to do it, and let me know a week or so out. i do ALOT of powder coating now, so I'm usually doing that stuff.

but I'm all about tinkering around in the barn and id be happy to help out. so long as when the time comes for me to put in oil pump gears in my car, you guys can stand around and watch me make a fool out of myself lol

did you get the install tool for the LCA bearings? that is a want on my long list of mods for the car, along with vertical links.

first the MGW shifter, i can't deal with the stock shifter anymore. the FTBR bracket and bushings helped ALOT, but I'm buying the MGW and thats it

did you get the install tool for the LCA bearings? that is a want on my long list of mods for the car, along with vertical links.

Not yet I planned to take the lower control arms somewhere once they are out and having the bushings I'm changing pressed in. Not my daily so the car can sit for a while on stands.

Full Tilt Boogie sells a bushing tool for $60 though. We could give it a shot and pass it around since we'll each only need it once. At worst with that we'd just need to find someone with a 20 ton press.

Once the rest of my parts are in we'll chat about borrowing your shop. I'm more than happy to come hang out and tear into stuff.

you guys are more than welcome to bring the cars over to my heated pole barn, and we can lay into them. i should have all the tools you need, 60 gallon air compressor, etc. you just have to nail down a day/time you want to do it, and let me know a week or so out. i do ALOT of powder coating now, so I'm usually doing that stuff.

but I'm all about tinkering around in the barn and id be happy to help out. so long as when the time comes for me to put in oil pump gears in my car, you guys can stand around and watch me make a fool out of myself lol

Sweet, thanks for the offer. I'd gladly hand tools, and lend a hand for your install too.

first the MGW shifter, i can't deal with the stock shifter anymore. the FTBR bracket and bushings helped ALOT, but I'm buying the MGW and thats it

MGW! JELLY. I might be interested in buying your bracket in the mean time too.

Once the rest of my parts are in we'll chat about borrowing your shop. I'm more than happy to come hang out and tear into stuff.

:fuckyeah:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Shifter looks very high quality.

it is a very nice piece. too bad i don't have time to install anything yet.

DSS 1 piece Aluminum driveshaft will be ordered next. then Oil Pump Gears and lower timing gears. then ill take a weekend off of other work to get all this shit installed.

hope the Pirellis do ok for HPDE and Auto X until they are shot lol.

then I'm gonna try out either the MT street comp, or a similar nitto