2015 Mustang GT Boosted

88lx5oh

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

The MT82 has been out since 2011, making tons of power. I know transmission swaps are common, when either encountering a bad MT82, or for the big $ spenders, but don't think it's the norm for the new 5.0s.

I'm just saying these Roush mustangs carry a ford warranty right? And are 670+ HP. So the trans must be ok with that power, just not abused with that power.

Yep. The mt82 having a body mounted shifter instead of a trans mounted is a lot of the problem.

Yep. The mt82 having a body mounted shifter instead of a trans mounted is a lot of the problem.

BINGO!

i bought the steeda shifter base bushing to get me by until i buy a MGW shifter for the car.

the over winter mods will be, MGW shifter, Spec stage 3 clutch, and Viking shocks.

Getting set up for the procharger install on Saturday.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/CCF57554-8349-4C64-925C-6C6946DD4B74_zpskilfpmbc.jpg

And the Steeda shifter base bracket and bushing showed up today.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/F50E9277-6401-4388-BD97-3AB4F0A284A9_zpsohdqcjuh.jpg

I was going to, but I'm unsure of the trans, so instead of dropping $1000 on a McLeod clutch, I'm gonna by the spec. I'll be less heart broken if the trans decides to eat itself, and I buy a Tremec

I haven't done a TON of research on the trans strength, but it has come up in multiple threads I've read on the MT82. Is it really that big of an issue? Everything I've read, seems to say for these 500-650hp cars, it is good to hold that power. As stated below, only the ancilary things are questionable (feel, shifter placement, etc).

The current MT82 is supposed to be improved, though mostly in shifter feel and regardless its still built in China. I miss my TR3650.

I remember reading they changed some parts materials too, to make it better than in the s197.

I'm not going to go deep into this car inside warranty, honestly probably won't touch the engine so its a moot point. I'll be doing handling and braking mods along with wheels/tires.

I'm not going to go deep into this car inside warranty, honestly probably won't touch the engine so its a moot point.

Didn't you already void your warranty when you did that line-lock burnout?

Awesome thread Hoblick, I miss the days of CR build threads like this.

after work last night i decided to get a head start on things and got the injectors installed, gapped my plugs and got them in. Started removing some things i won't need anymore, and started prepping for tomorrow a bit. need to clean my drain pan out so i can drain the coolant.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/51F9CE84-34A0-4DCA-865F-D75A8E676367_zpsnenoqp8l.jpg