79 members have voted

1. 1. Nice, reliable, inexpensive and fun car

• Anything but a Neon SRT-4
    • Neon SRT-4

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hinderer Honda has a 24mo. lease on a Civic for 89/mo. + tax and fees + 3000 down. (So Ill round that to 140 (I have no idea)). Even if its 140/mo, they have a minimum trade in value of 4 grand. So that gives you 1000 to make a few payments with. If you were going to drop 400/mo you could take the 250 or whatever is "left" and save it, all the while driving a brand new car. Then after 2 yrs...do it again using some of the saved money down, or buy a slightly less beat 7-8K car.

Someone correct me if Im way off here. The key would be sticking to SAVING the "leftover"...otherwise you are out a car and money after the 2 years

Get a mid 90's Taurus SHO. I had two that were 5spd manuals and they were a blast to drive, light up the tires like nobody's business.

Or get a mid 00's Ford Focus. I've had like 8, lol. Most you can swap an SVT suspension kit on for ~$200 and some nice wheels and they handle well for what they are. I autocrossed and did a couple road courses with mine, again cheap fun.

I'd spend $5k or less in your position, I've found plenty of decent cars for that budget.

Occasionally I consider dumping my car payment and getting another of the many cheap fun cars I've had, just have no reason to, I'd just find something else to waste that money on.

Couple examples of my past cars, all of which were UNDER $5k and plenty of fun.

03 Focus ZX5...I added SVT suspension, wheels and seats.

http://rs159.pbsrc.com/albums/t124/BAM614_Cobra/2003%20Ford%20Focus%20ZX5/Photo0013.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

05 Focus ZX3....I added SVT suspension and wheels and aftermarket rear sway bar.

22234172695_46bd930fc3_c.jpg

95 Taurus SHO - 5spd....I don't remember what all I did, dropped it, etc though...

22046424338_a94c91d5d4_c.jpg

And what I've got now....14 Focus ST3, basically the best focus yet, lol. Is it worth the monthly payment....yes and no.

19065111079_8239a213d8_c.jpg

Your time for a fun/cool/whatever car will come, I've got a kid as well and as much as I wanted to blow a shitload of money when I was younger on a sweet ride I didn't because I knew I had to responsible for the kids sake, and now I've got a cool/fun/whatever ride and yeah I enjoy it....but I also sometimes miss those old cheap cars at the same time.

1. Buy a GTR. It has AWD so it will be fine in the winter. It also has a back seat and a trunk so you and the wife and kids can move out of your apartment and just live in the GTR.

2. No need to pay for rent or utilities since you're now living in GTR.

3. Your monthly expenses have now dropped drastically.

4. Roll into the car meets with your family and a fair amount of swag.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best thing to do with the Lincoln? I doubt that Jet Auto wants it, nor would I get much trade in. I was told scrap price at tri county. The matco gym said he would give me about a grand trade towards a new box. He takes random things for trade sometimes and I asked. I almost traded the maxima to him but he never got back with me. Anyway... should I try to sell it on CL? It still has life left in it and I don't want someone to just use it for a derby car. I understand it's not up to me after I sell it.

Anyone here interested in a land yacht?

What's the best thing to do with the Lincoln? I doubt that Jet Auto wants it, nor would I get much trade in. I was told scrap price at tri county. The matco gym said he would give me about a grand trade towards a new box. He takes random things for trade sometimes and I asked. I almost traded the maxima to him but he never got back with me. Anyway... should I try to sell it on CL? It still has life left in it and I don't want someone to just use it for a derby car. I understand it's not up to me after I sell it.

Anyone here interested in a land yacht?

Cheap car prices are the highest during tax time. If you are still waiting till around then to pick up a newer ride, I would hang on to the Lincoln and toss it on CL. Should bring decent money that time of year.

Toyota direct has sign and drive corollas for under a $100 a month.

Requires Tax, Title, Doc Fee, acquisition fee, and license down.

Also requires A-1 credit.

Not saying it's not a good deal.... cause it can be. Just not everyone qualifies for it, and "sign and drive" isn't what most people think it is.

Requires Tax, Title, Doc Fee, acquisition fee, and license down.

Also requires A-1 credit.

Not saying it's not a good deal.... cause it can be. Just not everyone qualifies for it, and "sign and drive" isn't what most people think it is.

I sign and drove a Camry last spring from TD for exactly what they advertised, but I have great credit too.