College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

Man, Oklahoma didn't even need the help I thought they would to get into the top 4. ND down to 6.

Not gonna toot my own horn too much on that just yet though because as I pointed out when making the argument that an undefeated Big 12 team would make the playoff or even a 1-loss Big 12 team could make the playoff... the committee's rankings are very fluid. But both of OU and ND only have 1 game left and they're both road games against opponents ranked inside the top 11 of the CFP.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So assuming the rest of the season goes fairly smoothly, we have a likely playoff of Clemson vs. Oklahoma, and Alabama vs. B1G champion, but let's talk CHAOS. What happens if Oklahoma loses this weekend and Florida upsets Alabama in the SECCG (with respect to Jive, these two events are at the very least, quite possible)? Add in Stanford beating Notre Dame? We could see some crazy things happen like 2 B1G or SEC teams, 2 loss team getting in over a 1 loss team, etc.

This Saturday is actually shaping up to be one of the most important Saturdays in the overall CFB landscape in a LONG time, IMO. There's still 10ish teams that could very well land a spot if the cards fall just right.

I can't wait.

If notre dame steam rolls Stanford they are going to get the edge on the B1G for the fourth seed. Only chance is if Iowa beats sparty for the title.

You are an idiot, who ever wins the BIG will get a spot in the playoffs. ND will not get spot over a 1 Loss BIG Champ. And you really think a BIG champ will be 4th seed? If Iowa wins out, they will be undefeated and have better wins than Oklahoma. The Big Champ will at least get a no.3 seed.

Edited by 1fastSTI

You are an idiot, who ever wins the BIG will get a spot in the playoffs. ND will not get spot over a 1 Loss BIG Champ. And you really think a BIG champ will be 4th seed? If Iowa wins out, they will be undefeated and have better wins than Oklahoma. The Big Champ will at least get a no.3 seed.

Iowa>Oklahoma>MSU>OSU, Michigan will not get in without a LOT of help.

If Michigan State beats Iowa they will have wins over Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa. Plus, they will be a conference champion. You're right though Jive, a 12-1 conference winner from the best conference this year won't get in. Makes total sense.

Jive is a potato... what do you expect.

I half believe the rankings this week were designed specifically to create as many high profile games as possible. It's crazy, I can't remember the last time this many important games and high match-up games happened in one weekend. Should be great to watch while sitting in my bean bag chair eating Cheetos.

Most plausible way the B1G doesn't get in is if Iowa loses to Nebraska on Friday then wins the B1G title game. Their cross-divisional games were against the worst of the B1G East - Indiana and Maryland - but they do have what will likely end up being a top 15 slaughter of Northwestern and a nice OOC win @ Pitt. It would still be close.

The most guaranteed way for the B1G to play itself out of the playoff? Nebraska beats Iowa, PSU beats MSU, Michigan beats OSU, Michigan beats Iowa in B1G title game. 2-loss Michigan wouldn't get in over 1-loss ND.

So I'm back to stewing over the Mich St game. Meyer and Co essentially just killed Elliot's Heisman chances along with the CFP chances. Impressive, really, how they killed those two birds with one stone.

I'm afraid Ohio State is going to come out flat and lacking creativity in the play calling department yet again and will get manhandled.