College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying OSU has no chance is just ignorant, or wishful thinking. Likely? No, absolutely not. Possible? Yes and anyone who says no has not been paying attention. I do NOT think they will make it, nor do they deserve to, but if some things happen they will be as deserving as others.

I have a feeling this OSU team is very dangerous right now. I would put them against any of the playoff teams and bet money on them.

What we saw in one of the most hyped games of college foodball all year was an angry, hungry OSU team. i don't think the committee will shrug that off if all the other things fall in place. It's not out of the question to have 2 big ten teams in the playoffs.

What we saw is still a weak Michigan team again

Remember, Alvarez and Osborne are both on the committee, and both may be the most influential. Any wonder why Iowa and the rest of the B10 have gotten so much love in the rankings? If there ever was a committee that would allow 2 B10 teams in, it would be this one.

Ohio state is not getting in over a P5 champion. If Clemson loses and Stanford wins you will see Stanford in before the Buckeyes. I think North Carolina is in before the Buckeyes if they upset Clemson.

Clemson, Bama and Oklahoma are all locks for the first three spots. The forth spot will go to sparty or Iowa. If Clemson loses you will see North Carolina as a pick or Stanford. The Buckeyes have no shot at making the play off this year.

Clemson losing and Bama losing isn't gonna happen.

Of course you're going to say that. If you really get down into the nitty gritty of things, tOSU is more qualified than any one loss team out there. The one thing than no one can claim is tOSU IS STILL THE CHAMP. And for a legit championship game you got to have the DEFENDING CHAMP in it.

I don't think jive is crazy for thinking the committee would strongly consider taking a 2-loss Pac 12 champion Stanford over a 1-loss not even divisional champion Ohio State. I also agree that it's very possible the committee would slide a 1-loss ACC champion UNC in if they were to upset Clemson. Their schedule is pretty weak but if they take down undefeated Clemson en route to a P5 conference title then who's to argue?

I'd love to see Florida and UNC win just to see what the committee would do because they'd be setting precedents. Right now they want Clemson and Bama to win so there's no controversy. Either or both of those teams lose and they've got some serious decisions to make for the second year in a row.

Oh and here's a list of P5 jobs that are currently open...

Syracuse

South Carolina

USC

Miami

Maryland

Missouri

Virginia

Georgia

Rutgers

Teams like VT and Iowa State have already made their moves with some good, young coaching prospects in Fuente (39) and Campbell (36).

And MSU hasn't be consistent all year. In any given Saturday you don't know how the team is going to show up. Trying to compare a team on different days is stupid.

im glad you're realized that. The OSU team that lost to MSU is not the normal OSU team. If yesterday tOSU is line up again Alabama, tOSU would have rush for 600 yards.

There's only 2 undefeated in the power 5 conferences. Iowa and Clemson. Oklahoma, Michigan State, Ohio State, N. Carolina and Houston all have 1 loss currently.

I think playoff teams are:

Clemson/UNC winner

Michigan St/Iowa winner

Bama

Oklahoma

Osu needs Florida to pull off a miracle and MSU to throttle Iowa.

You are right Bama hasn't looked like world beaters every game and especially to some lower teams. But they have shown up to every important game and dominated. They also haven't played well at home this year for some reason. They have been a terrible road team.

What are you smoking look at the AP polls by the week Alabama has beat 6 teams that was in the top 25 when played.

Always a hilarious argument to me.

"So what if they lost 8 games! When we beat them in week two they were ranked #10!"

I'm not really impressed by anyone 'Bama beat. LSU especially. Teams have found ways to shut down the running game and they're easy to handle at that point.

What are you smoking look at the AP polls by the week Alabama has beat 6 teams that was in the top 25 when played. OSU hasn't played one team in the top 30 until they played MSU and got beat.

The committee values conference champions. Stanford would be pac 12 champ and play one of the toughest schedules in college football versus an Ohio state who played one quality team and got beat and the rest of the schedule was soft and not only that they scraped by against shit teams. The only dominate performance OSU had this year was osu and Michigan. The rest of the season they looked average at best.

OSU is third in the pecking order for the b1g.

Alabamas schedule with teams adjusted to now, none of that "before they were proven" bs:

W - Wisconsin - #25 (9-3)

W - Middle Tenn - Unranked

L - Ole Miss - #16 (9-3)

W - LA Monroe - Unranked

W - Georgia - Unranked

W - Arkansas - Unranked

W - Tex A&M - Unranked

W - Tenn - Unranked

W - LSU - #23 (8-3)

W - Miss State - Unranked

W - Charleston Southern - Unranked

W - Auburn - Unranked

W - UF - #18 (10-2)

By comparison of losses tOSU lost to the team that was ranked highly when played and currently sits at #5 with only 1 loss. 'Bama lost to the team sitting at #16 with 3 losses. How is 'Bama's loss better in any way, shape, or form?

They have beaten more currently ranked teams, I won't debate that. The loss isn't comparable IMO though. Same goes for many other 1-2 loss teams.

Let's not act like 'Bama has played a grueling schedule though. Seriously. Not one team on their in the current top 10. Not even top 15.

What we saw is still a weak Michigan team again

Debatable. They loss to Utah, #5 MSU, and #6 tOSU. Hardly weak IMO. Utah loss you can LOL at. The other 2 are nothing to be ashamed of.

Well, maybe the OSU loss. LOLkhakis.

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

Miss st

Ole miss

Auburn

All of these teams are much better then

Rutgers

Maryland

Hawaii

Illinois

Indiana

Minnesota

Fuck half the b1g could t even become bowl eligible.

Guess we can see just how good conferences can do as we head to bowl season