College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

Oh Bama is 3-1 against current top 25 teams and soon to be sec champion

OSU 1-1 vs top 25 losing the most important game and not playing for a conference champion. Let's not get carried away with the love fest for the Buckeyes and hate towards Bama.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

Miss st

Ole miss

Auburn

All of these teams are much better then

Rutgers

Maryland

Hawaii

Illinois

Indiana

Minnesota

Fuck half the b1g could t even become bowl eligible.

Guess we can see just how good conferences can do as we head to bowl season

The SEC, meanwhile, is 7-5 overall, second best among the major conferences. But the SEC's seven ranked teams were 2-5 in bowl play, including losses by No. 1 Alabama, No. 7 Mississippi State and No. 9 Mississippi.

The Big Ten, underdogs in all 10 of its bowl games, finished 5-5, including wins by its three highest ranked teams - No. 4 Ohio State, No. 8 Michigan State and No. 18 Wisconsin.

LOL. SEC isn't that great. I know, it's hard to admit after rooting for a conference rather than a single team for 15 years, but just admit it man.

This year will prob be different. SEC should do OK in the bowl season. We'll see.

OSU 1-1 vs top 25 losing the most important game and not playing for a conference champion. Let's not get carried away with the love fest for the Buckeyes and hate towards Bama.

I've already said we blew it. Our fault. Nobody elses.

What you're dodging is me calling attention to our loss vs. 'Bamas.

Also, I don't hate 'Bama. At all. I dislike the bias towards them though.

Bama is 0-1 vs. top 20 teams. OSU is 1-1. Boom. Nailed it.

Fuck half the b1g could t even become bowl eligible.

More than half of the teams in the B1G are bowl eligible.

8/14 = 57%.

The SEC does have more bowl eligible teams at 10/14 but Auburn, a 6-6 team, may not have been bowl eligible had it not been for their dominant 7-point win in OT against FCS Jacksonville State. Maybe if Nebraska (5-7) and Minnesota (5-7) had scheduled an FCS opponent as the SEC loves to do they would have given the B1G 10 bowl eligible teams.

Edited by bicranium

In other news has anyone looked at the 2016 schedule yet? Some awesome match ups.

Bama vs USC

LSU vs Wisconsin in Green Bay

Auburn vs Clemson

Ohio state vs Oklahoma (although week 3)

Mizzou vs West Virginia in wv

A&M vs ucla

Tenn vs Virginia tech

Ole miss vs Florida state in Orlando

Georgia vs North Carolina

Arkansas vs TCU

Michigan st vs notre dame

I'm glad to see strong out of conference games next year.

In other news has anyone looked at the 2016 schedule yet? Some awesome match ups.

Bama vs USC Bama should slay

LSU vs Wisconsin in Green Bay Both teams underperformed in 2015

Auburn vs Clemson Clemson.

Ohio state vs Oklahoma (although week 3) OSU.

Mizzou vs West Virginia in wv Don't know...don't pay attention to either of these teams

A&M vs ucla Battle of the under achievers

Tenn vs Virginia tech Battle of "we used to be good"

Ole miss vs Florida state in Orlando Florida State

Georgia vs North Carolina NC

Arkansas vs TCU TCU

Michigan st vs notre dame Depends- should be a good game but Michigan's QB is gone after this year.

I'm glad to see strong out of conference games next year.

My thoughts above.

OSU @ Oklahoma will be tough. OSU losing 3 OL, Zeke, Vannett, probably Mike Thomas on offense. Bosa, Washington, Schutt, Perry, possibly Lee and Bell. So 9-12 out of 22 on offense and defense including 6 linemen.

Oklahoma losing 6 guys total from what could end up being a national championship team.

At least OSU will have a couple tune up games before that.

You know the SEC is good when Florida who has absolutely no offense can manage to go 7-1 in conference play right, Jive? But please, go on and tell us more about how much better the SEC is than the B1G.

They had an offense before Grier was suspended, and their defense is one of the best in the country.

That being said, there's no arguing that the SEC is pretty weak this year.

What are you smoking look at the AP polls by the week Alabama has beat 6 teams that was in the top 25 when played. OSU hasn't played one team in the top 30 until they played MSU and got beat.

:lolguy:

:thumbup:

Oklahoma will win it all, bamma will get throttled in the first round, OSU goes the Rose Bowl and skull fucks a random Pac-12 team.

The loser of the B1GCG gets the Rose Bowl bid. OSU will end up in the Fiesta or Sugar as an at-large pick (likely Fiesta, since $, and that's kinda our BCS home). Playoff will be Oklahoma, B1G winner, ACC winner, and Alabama if they win. If Alabama loses, the committee has a super sketchy situation, in that they'd have to pick from a 2-loss champion or the B1G loser, which would put OSU in the Rose Bowl. Nobody else is really in the picture anymore.

All in all, this has been an amazingly dramatic season. Best of luck to the Tide this weekend, Jive. Florida is such a weird team. On paper, Alabama should curbstomp them by like 30 points, but I don't know what's real anymore in college football.

if UNC wins, Ohio State is going to the Playoff.

Write it down.

Clemson will automatically be devalued with the loss, which will simultaneously devalue UNC. The ACC doesn't have any clout with the committee. USC is going to beat Stanford (remember Stanford beat them earlier this year; beating any team twice in same year is tough). The loser of the B10 game (which will be Iowa) will be bounced by virtue of late loss. That leaves the committee to pick between Ohio State, UNC, Notre Dame, And Clemson for last spot. Ohio State will get the nod if it comes down to them.

Write all that down too

Zero chance in hell that they take a team who didn't even play for a conference championship over a team who did and won, with the same amount of losses. This is exactly how Ohio State got in last year.

$100 bet? If UNC wins, and they get in, you give me $100. If UNC wins and does not get in, I will give you $100. If Clemson wins, which is suuuuuper likely, the bet is null.

Out of curiosity is the playoff set up for conference champions only or the best 4 teams? Because listening to them last year and this year, I feel like I keep hearing them say that they are trying to get the 4 best teams in. If that is the case, why so much weight on winning a pathetic conference (ACC, SEC)?

Hypothetically speaking UNC beats Clemson and USC beats Stanford. If the committee is true to their word by putting the 4 best teams in the playoff there is no way they can insert UNC over Ohio State. Nobody can say UNC is better than Ohio State unless UNC throttles Clemson by 17+. I know Alabama fans will be begging and praying that UNC gets in over the Buckeyes. Alabama's one trick pony offense won't be able to move the ball on Ohio State's defense and they know it.

Realistically, I hope Michigan State gets Bama first round and punches them in the mouth. After 3 straight bowl losses, no way Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt like they have gotten this year in coming years.

if UNC wins, Ohio State is going to the Playoff.

Write it down.

Clemson will automatically be devalued with the loss, which will simultaneously devalue UNC. The ACC doesn't have any clout with the committee. USC is going to beat Stanford (remember Stanford beat them earlier this year; beating any team twice in same year is tough). The loser of the B10 game (which will be Iowa) will be bounced by virtue of late loss. That leaves the committee to pick between Ohio State, UNC, Notre Dame, And Clemson for last spot. Ohio State will get the nod if it comes down to them.

Write all that down too

Iowa has beat Wisconsin, northwestern and pitt. Three quality wins. If they lose to sparty they will drop to #5 seed and sparty takes #4 seed. Their resume is much better then Ohio States.

If Ohio State doesn't get in the playoff (most likely scenario) I REALLY want to play Notre Dame. I HATE... HATE Notre Dame and would love to end the season throttling them and sending their stupid fans back down to earth.

Top 5 most hated teams

1) Notre Dame

2) USC

3) Michigan

4) Every SEC team

5) Penn State

Out of curiosity is the playoff set up for conference champions only or the best 4 teams? Because listening to them last year and this year, I feel like I keep hearing them say that they are trying to get the 4 best teams in. If that is the case, why so much weight on winning a pathetic conference (ACC, SEC)?

Hypothetically speaking UNC beats Clemson and USC beats Stanford. If the committee is true to their word by putting the 4 best teams in the playoff there is no way they can insert UNC over Ohio State. Nobody can say UNC is better than Ohio State unless UNC throttles Clemson by 17+. I know Alabama fans will be begging and praying that UNC gets in over the Buckeyes. Alabama's one trick pony offense won't be able to move the ball on Ohio State's defense and they know it.

Realistically, I hope Michigan State gets Bama first round and punches them in the mouth. After 3 straight bowl losses, no way Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt like they have gotten this year in coming years.

Bama's offense isn't just Derrick Henry. They have the deep ball and a good passing game as well. They lean on Henry yes but it's more of game control and clock management. It isn't their only weapon unlike LSU.

I'm guessing you haven't watched a lot of Bama games this year.

Now you want to talk about one trick pony, how's the QB option for JT Barret working for you LOL.

The loser of the B1GCG gets the Rose Bowl bid. OSU will end up in the Fiesta or Sugar as an at-large pick (likely Fiesta, since $, and that's kinda our BCS home). Playoff will be Oklahoma, B1G winner, ACC winner, and Alabama if they win. If Alabama loses, the committee has a super sketchy situation, in that they'd have to pick from a 2-loss champion or the B1G loser, which would put OSU in the Rose Bowl. Nobody else is really in the picture anymore.

All in all, this has been an amazingly dramatic season. Best of luck to the Tide this weekend, Jive. Florida is such a weird team. On paper, Alabama should curbstomp them by like 30 points, but I don't know what's real anymore in college football.

Loser doesnt automatically get the Rose Bowl. Rose Bowl confirmed it is taking highest CFP ranked B1G team if winner is in top 4.

Bama's offense isn't just Derrick Henry. They have the deep ball and a good passing game as well. They lean on Henry yes but it's more of game control and clock management. It isn't their only weapon unlike LSU.

I'm guessing you haven't watched a lot of Bama games this year.

Now you want to talk about one trick pony, how's the QB option for JT Barret working for you LOL.

47 carries. You're right. They aren't a 1 trick pony...