College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bama's offense isn't just Derrick Henry. They have the deep ball and a good passing game as well. They lean on Henry yes but it's more of game control and clock management. It isn't their only weapon unlike LSU.

I'm guessing you haven't watched a lot of Bama games this year.

Now you want to talk about one trick pony, how's the QB option for JT Barret working for you LOL.

Can't tell if trolling again or just ignorant. :lol:

Also, saw these today:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=905&pictureid=8378

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=905&pictureid=8379

Iowa has beat Wisconsin' date=' northwestern and pitt. Three quality wins. If they lose to sparty they will drop to #5 seed and sparty takes #4 seed. Their resume is much better then Ohio States.[/quote']

It's clear - at least to me - that the committee values the eye test over resume, especially as the end of the season nears. And a team that loses the last game you saw them play - like Iowa would with a loss to MSU - would likely not rate highly on the eye test. It's very psychological at that point, too: people just have a very difficult time rewarding a losing team. If they didn't, then we likely would have seen either USC or Michigan play for the title in 2006.

Out of curiosity is the playoff set up for conference champions only or the best 4 teams? Because listening to them last year and this year, I feel like I keep hearing them say that they are trying to get the 4 best teams in. If that is the case, why so much weight on winning a pathetic conference (ACC, SEC)?

Hypothetically speaking UNC beats Clemson and USC beats Stanford. If the committee is true to their word by putting the 4 best teams in the playoff there is no way they can insert UNC over Ohio State. Nobody can say UNC is better than Ohio State unless UNC throttles Clemson by 17+. I know Alabama fans will be begging and praying that UNC gets in over the Buckeyes. Alabama's one trick pony offense won't be able to move the ball on Ohio State's defense and they know it.

Realistically, I hope Michigan State gets Bama first round and punches them in the mouth. After 3 straight bowl losses, no way Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt like they have gotten this year in coming years.

Look at all this truth and intelligence in this post. Look at it, everyone. Look

Bama's offense isn't just Derrick Henry. They have the deep ball and a good passing game as well. They lean on Henry yes but it's more of game control and clock management. It isn't their only weapon unlike LSU.

I'm guessing you haven't watched a lot of Bama games this year.

Now you want to talk about one trick pony, how's the QB option for JT Barret working for you LOL.

I'm guessing since you were driving back from the plie contest in Minnesota last Saturday you didn't catch the game, either: Alabama ran Henry about 864 times. In fact, I think he just got another carry. Seriously, you keep telling yourself Bama has a versatile offense.

If Ohio State doesn't get in the playoff (most likely scenario) I REALLY want to play Notre Dame. I HATE... HATE Notre Dame and would love to end the season throttling them and sending their stupid fans back down to earth.

Top 5 most hated teams

1) Notre Dame

2) USC

3) Michigan

4) Every SEC team

5) Penn State

Here's my list:

1. Wisconsin

2. Florida

3. USC (who I would love if I didn't hate)

4. Notre Dame

5. Michigan

6. Penn State

7. South Carolina

8. Every other SEC team except Georgia, who I kind of like (because I feel sorry for them)

The list is somewhat interchangable, depending on various factors (like how good or bad the team has been lately).

Also, coming on strong and may find it's way on to most hated list:

Baylor - because those fucking idiots are a bunch of whiny thugs

Teams that I actually like/root for most of the time:

1. Oklahoma (and Bob Stoops, who gets shit on way too much for no reason)

2. Oregon

3. Clemson

4. UCLA

5. West Virginia

Iowa has beat Wisconsin' date=' northwestern and pitt. Three quality wins. If they lose to sparty they will drop to #5 seed and sparty takes #4 seed. Their resume is much better then Ohio States.[/quote']

Iowa has a much better resume then Alabama, why is Alabama 2?

Let's just start settling in with the idea that we'll probably have 2-3 losses next year. Didn't we all say "I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS AS LONG AS URBIE GETS US A NATTY!" a few years back? Well, here we are. Our team is all but completely new next year, and our staffing is in shambles. We knew for a while that 2015-2016 was the year we were setting up for, although we busted a nut early.