2016 Camaro Reviews

ForeverMaker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like how those who have bashed GM on the weight of their cars are blind to the fact that the Mustang actually weighs more now. Across the board GM has taken weight out of their cars (way past due in my opinion) and that fact seems to be overlooked right now. I am loving what they are doing - this will push Ford to step up again and that is good for everyone.

On a related note, did you see the weight on the coming 2.0t? I,for one, require a V8 in this type of car but a turbo 4 powered, 3400 pound, rear drive coupe would be a great starting point for a fun car.

I just like how those who have bashed GM on the weight of their cars are blind to the fact that the Mustang actually weighs more now. Across the board GM has taken weight out of their cars (way past due in my opinion) and that fact seems to be overlooked right now. I am loving what they are doing - this will push Ford to step up again and that is good for everyone.

On a related note, did you see the weight on the coming 2.0t? I,for one, require a V8 in this type of car but a turbo 4 powered, 3400 pound, rear drive coupe would be a great starting point for a fun car.

Amen!

Who is denying weighing less is a good thing? It went from about 100lbs heavier to 100lbs lighter. The right direction for sure.

And besides the Camaro and CTS-V each pulling about 150lbs out, what is getting lighter. It certainly isn't the Corvette Z06...

The ATS-V is heavy, the CTS-V is still heavy, the Z06 is heavy...

And I'd argue Ford is doing more to push Chevy, than the other way around.

And I couldn't care less about one or the other. I bought the car for me, and will continue to. If only VW made a Mustang/Camaro Competitor, I'd buy that. It wouldn't be a flaming pile of fail in the quality department. It'd just pollute more ;)

Only one you mention that I agree with is the CTSv but it has become a large car.

The ATS is 3400-3500 in normal form - 3700 in full V form with the upgraded wheels, body package, brakes and motor. That is not a heavy sedan (note that it is lighter than the Mustang too).

The Vette is 3500-3600 pounds in fully loaded Z06 trim.

What should it way in your opinion?

Only one you mention that I agree with is the CTSv but it has become a large car.

The ATS is 3400-3500 in normal form - 3700 in full V form with the upgraded wheels, body package, brakes and motor. That is not a heavy sedan (note that it is lighter than the Mustang too).

The Vette is 3500-3600 pounds in fully loaded Z06 trim.

What should it way in your opinion?

Actually the ATS-V weighs 3,803 to 3,812lbs depending on coupe vs sedan.

And no, that is more or about the same as the mustang, which is larger.

Z06 is now a heavy car. The C6 Z06 was 3,200lbs. That's a considerable weight increase, 10%...

The ATS isn't selling, so, it could weigh 3000lbs and nobody would care.

Actually the ATS-V weighs 3,803 to 3,812lbs depending on coupe vs sedan.

3800 lbs LOL that's as heavy as a 1980s tech, full-size, AWD, iron-block luxury turbo car. EL-OH-EL

Well hopefully with all that power and weight it can lap the road course faster than a 911 and tow more than a f150 longrodhornram

3800 lbs LOL that's as heavy as a 1980s tech, full-size, AWD, iron-block luxury turbo car. EL-OH-EL

Well hopefully with all that power and weight it can lap the road course faster than a 911 and tow more than a f150 longrodhornram

If we need to explain to you why they weigh more now perhaps you are on the wrong site ;)

Everything I have read has said 3700 pounds in the ATSv. The key is they want it to be a luxury car that can shred the track at the same time. That takes a lot of chassis stiffening and equipment (huge breaks, special dampers, etc). Tack on all of the electronics we cannot do without and all of the safety equipment and I think they did well on weight. Looks at the lateral g and slalom times the ATSv and Camaro are putting up - they are crazy.

11255428_842563562485278_2056467794_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Just putting up some additional weight numbers.

Camaro 1SS: 3660

Mustang GT PP base: 3730

70lb difference.

Yall need to go on a diet. Me in the mustang and you in the camaro makes the mustang lighter. :ninja:

Are we really nit-picking about the weight of a car (ats-v) that trounced the m3 and amg Benz in every performance category in a recent head to head test, and also came within a tenth (or maybe even beat, I can't remember) of a 458 Italia in the slalom, and short road course?? Yet is a four door family hauler, with likely 100+ hp left on the table with a flash??? What the fuck is wrong with peoples' expectations these days?

Are we really nit-picking about the weight of a car (ats-v) that trounced the m3 and amg Benz in every performance category in a recent head to head test, and also came within a tenth (or maybe even beat, I can't remember) of a 458 Italia in the slalom, and short road course?? Yet is a four door family hauler, with likely 100+ hp left on the table with a flash??? What the fuck is wrong with peoples' expectations these days?

They be taters.