2016 Camaro Reviews

ForeverMaker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the S/C, whats the difference?

The entire car.

The ZL1 is the daily driver type car, full features, mag suspension, massive tq, etc.

Z/28 is stripped to weigh less, N/A for racing, and has massive, R comp like tires.

Besides the S/C, whats the difference?

The Z/28 has a 505hp LS7. Completely different setup, but there's just not a big market for it since there's a 580hp, more streetable variant for the same price.

The ZL1 shares the same LS3 with the SS/1LE (and Corvette) but with a blower strapped on. The 1LE is basically everything a ZL1 is, minus the blower - sway bars, suspension, 20" wheels, 285 F1 tires, brembos, interior bits, air-to-liquid cooling, trans cooler, half shafts, fuel pump, Tremec TR6060-MM6 with 3.91 gearing (normal SS's have a TR6060-M10), dual-mode NPP exhaust, and um.. probably some other stuff. All the same between them. One exception is the 1LE has only the front wheels/tires off a ZL1 on all her corners, as the rears are a tad wider on the ZL1. The plain-jane SS comes with none of these.. so, not bad for a $2500 upgrade to a 1LE if you're into driving hard.

The ZL1 shares the same LS3 with the SS/1LE (and Corvette) but with a blower strapped on.

so, not bad for a $2500 upgrade to a 1LE if you're into driving hard.

Obviously this is a generic statement, as lots of changes were made to support the supercharger.

Also, the 1LE was $3,500.

So it's 4.2 to 60 and a 12.5@113.4mph

So roughly 0.2 faster, and under 1mph than the mustang PP.

Sounds like the handling is fantastic!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a27065/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-manual-test-numbers/

What are you using for the Mustang's numbers?

The various rags out there getting 12.7-13.0 and 112-113mph, specifically Motor Trend. I think C&D got a 13.0@ 113 too.

So that's a .5 second faster right ? :). You are comparing the fastest Mustang time to the slowest Camaro time. Why are you disregarding the MT test where they put the cars against each other at the same time?

And there are rumors that the Mustang beat the SS during the "track battle" portion of the Head 2 Head article referenced earlier, which is why they didn't include any track data or information in the article.

***It was confirmed by MT that the above "rumor" is 100% false. Mustang owners LOL***

Of course, this could be S550 owners trying to make themselves feel better that a newer camaro is a bit faster.

The sensitivity on the Mustang boards is something i've never seen before. People laughed at VW owners...

Edited by Aaron

And there are rumors that the Mustang beat the SS during the "track battle" portion of the Head 2 Head article referenced earlier, which is why they didn't include any track data or information in the article.

Of course, this could be S550 owners trying to make themselves feel better that a newer camaro is a bit faster.

The sensitivity on the Mustang boards is something i've never seen before. People laughed at VW owners...

Oh trust me - Camaro boards are sensitive too.

So that's a .5 second faster right ? :). You are comparing the fastest Mustang time to the slowest Camaro time. Why are you disregarding the MT test where they put the cars against each other at the same time?

I couldn't care any less about ET, and this isn't because the new Camaro is better at it, I was the same way in my VW. Trap speed dictates power, and to me is more important.

The fact that they are close, is what I care about. Real owners, and all magazine tests but 1, including the writer of the article, got 112 to 113mph on the stock GTs. The 110mph is an outlier.

It very well could be true that the 113.X for the Camaro is its slow outlier, but I have a suspicion it won't be, at least for the manual cars which is all I care about.

To be clear it is still a drivers race. I just think you are trying to sell that the Mustang is closer in performance than it really is.

And I feel the opposite. Read my reply above.

Oh trust me - Camaro boards are sensitive too.

Hillbillies LOL