2016 Camaro Reviews

ForeverMaker

I've owned both the 5.0 and the 5th gen, the 5.0 killed it. For these new models, the styling and obvious hp difference on paper makes the Camaro the winner for me.

Id rather pick up an unsold 5th gen Z/28 for 25% off MSRP overall though. Those deals are out there.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can comment on the interesting nature of the Mustang's performance all day long.

I'll leave you with this...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-ford-mustang-gt-vs-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5

0-30: 1.9

0-60: 4.5

0-100: 10.4

0-150: 25.4

C&D most recent test vs the 6th Gen SS:

0-30: 1.7

0-60: 4.4

0-100: 10.5

0-150: 29.0

:dumb:

We can comment on the interesting nature of the Mustang's performance all day long.

I'll leave you with this...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-ford-mustang-gt-vs-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5

0-30: 1.9

0-60: 4.5

0-100: 10.4

0-150: 25.4

C&D most recent test vs the 6th Gen SS:

0-30: 1.7

0-60: 4.4

0-100: 10.5

0-150: 29.0

:dumb:

my penor is still bigger

yes

So why did you post it? The 2016 SS in the link I provided ran a 0-60 in 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3 at 116. It is a half second faster than the GT in both measures and is pulling away in the quarter. Based on the review, the Camaro will put even more distance on the Mustang on a road course. I cannot wait to drive one - though I will be sticking with the 2011 for a while. We live in the golden age of perf cars.

So why did you post it? The 2016 SS in the link I provided ran a 0-60 in 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3 at 116. It is a half second faster than the GT in both measures and is pulling away in the quarter. Based on the review, the Camaro will put even more distance on the Mustang on a road course. I cannot wait to drive one - though I will be sticking with the 2011 for a while. We live in the golden age of perf cars.

I posted the MUSTANG stats.

Is that why no lap times have been posted on the Mustang vs Camaro battle? when that is literally all MT and C&D is compare lap times?

I tell you what, next time you're on a road course, or autocross, or go to hocking, you give me a call :gabe:

Hell, I'll race your modded car in a straight line too.

Is that why no lap times have been posted on the Mustang vs Camaro battle? when that is literally all MT and C&D is compare lap times?

I tell you what, next time you're on a road course, or autocross, or go to hocking, you give me a call :gabe:

Put that thing on a road course. I dare you.

So, tldr:

Camaro gets all its stuff from the ATS platform in an ugly body.

Conclusion: Buy the ATS

jk. I like the Camaro's mechanicals. I like the Mustang's looks and interior better. Laughed at the article saying the Camaro interior better, based one one thing: live with your center console vents being down at the bottom of your stick shift for a year and then come tell me how awesome it is. That's just stupid design. But I can't comment on the materials used since I haven't felt them so they may be better.

Still think the GT350 is the better car all around, but you pay for it.

And I'm actually leaning closer to the Focus RS. Spring will tell.

...If only Cadillac would do the sane thing and take CUE out behind the shed and shoot it.

So angry...... I am going to try to make it to a track rental next year and would be happy to line them up.

Although that would prove whether a heavily modded 2011 Camaro is faster than a 2015 Mustang or not. It would not say anything about the topic of this thread which is 2016 Camaro versus the 2015 Mustang.

So, tldr:

Camaro gets all its stuff from the ATS platform in an ugly body.

Conclusion: Buy the ATS

jk. I like the Camaro's mechanicals. I like the Mustang's looks and interior better. Laughed at the article saying the Camaro interior better, based one one thing: live with your center console vents being down at the bottom of your stick shift for a year and then come tell me how awesome it is. That's just stupid design. But I can't comment on the materials used since I haven't felt them so they may be better.

Still think the GT350 is the better car all around, but you pay for it.

And I'm actually leaning closer to the Focus RS. Spring will tell.

...If only Cadillac would do the sane thing and take CUE out behind the shed and shoot it.

I am not in love with the styling - at least not yet but this one looked nice I think.,,

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/06/b84498c3a47699bb58f68eac578e19fc.jpg

If I was a betting man, I'd say you're seriously considering one, Ryan.

Is that true?

Maybe. I will avoid the first few months of people paying MSRP (or more lol). Let's see how things shake out after Spring. A Mustang is still high on my list. Whatever happens I need back seats of some sort. :fuuuu:

Maybe. I will avoid the first few months of people paying MSRP (or more lol). Let's see how things shake out after Spring. A Mustang is still high on my list. Whatever happens I need back seats of some sort. :fuuuu:

I'm absolutely loving mine.

MK7 Golf R and Focus RS would be great cars to look into as well. I'd lean towards the FROD though, based on its oversteer ability.

Is Aaron the only non-salty Ford owner on CR? Seems like it. :nod:

My 15 Mustang GT puts a smile on my face. No fucks given about any Camaro. My car is fun to drive period. Still able to put the top down in the afternoon in November, love me some El Niño and Global Warming.

I'm absolutely loving mine.

MK7 Golf R and Focus RS would be great cars to look into as well. I'd lean towards the FROD though, based on its oversteer ability.

Golf R is of interest to me for sure. Would be great to have 1 all-around fun car and not have a Camaro + another car.... but I think I need a V8 in the garage.