Bike down

DKilbourne

I was heading back to work about 20 minutes ago and had to turn around on Wilson just south of Roberts as there was a motorcycle in the ditch and a lot of people, including cops, around someone. Hopefully they aren't too bad off.....Hate to see that stuff.

Just a question.. What does Squid mean in regards to motorcycle riders?

"A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid' "

KillJoy

Any chance you saw what kind/color the bike was? I'm close with a lot of the sportbikers (squids, lol), but haven't heard anything in my groups.

It wasn't a crotch rocket. Looked to be black, but it was hard to tell as it was in the ditch and not a lot of light to see it.

I'm pretty sure it was my co-workers brother that passed due to complications in the wreck. Just found out about it today at work. Guy had to be all of 18-20 at most

That really sucks. Just past the curve is a street, so people pull out in front of folks all of the time there. Rider may have lost it in the turn too. Lots of bumps and a healthy curve don't bode well for faster than normal speeds there.

Squid is that dude on his new gsxr 600 with shorts, a tank top and his slippers. He splits lanes in heavy traffic and ends up looking like a squid splattered on the pavement.

I had my fair share of wrecks and am lucky to be here and have all body parts thanks to all my gear.