Approaching 2016, what kind of optics are you guys running on your AR's?

Got-Boost?

RED DOT:

If you are seeking a Red dot and want the cheapest acceptable option the Primary Arms Aimpoint micro knockoff is the way to go. I got mine used for 60.00 locally. IT is MUCH more stout than the Bushnell TRS25. I broke the mount on the TRS25 in 10 minutes of use.

If you have 300.00 to spend then you can usually find a used aimpoint PRO for 300-325 if you hunt AR15.com.

If you have a slightly higher budget then I would try the Aimpoint Micro. I don't have one. But it seems to be all the rage right now. I have heard a lot of good and zero bad. I think they are just under 600 bucks? Ryan?

MAGNIFIED:

Budget will determine a lot here. I think a good middle-road optic is the vortex VIPER PST in either 1-4 or 2.5-10 (FFP). I can always see what I can do as far as price goes. I can get a deal at vortex as long as you don't mind the wait.

If your budget allows, then you can get into some serious optics that cost some serious jack. But again, budget and intended-use are determining factors.

RED DOT:

If you are seeking a Red dot and want the cheapest acceptable option the Primary Arms Aimpoint micro knockoff is the way to go. I got mine used for 60.00 locally. IT is MUCH more stout than the Bushnell TRS25. I broke the mount on the TRS25 in 10 minutes of use.

If you have 300.00 to spend then you can usually find a used aimpoint PRO for 300-325 if you hunt AR15.com.

If you have a slightly higher budget then I would try the Aimpoint Micro. I don't have one. But it seems to be all the rage right now. I have heard a lot of good and zero bad. I think they are just under 600 bucks? Ryan?

MAGNIFIED:

Budget will determine a lot here. I think a good middle-road optic is the vortex VIPER PST in either 1-4 or 2.5-10 (FFP). I can always see what I can do as far as price goes. I can get a deal at vortex as long as you don't mind the wait.

If your budget allows, then you can get into some serious optics that cost some serious jack. But again, budget and intended-use are determining factors.

Link to Primary Arms example?

Here's a link to the one I have.

It's the older style with the dial on the side.

You are going to have to find them used... But they are for sale often on Ar15.com, they typically sell within 24 hours though. I got mine by posting a WTB ad on an Ohio Guns FS Facebook page.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1861548/broward-florida-optics-for-sale-trade--primary-arms-micro-red-dot-sight-with-quick-release-new-aimpoint-look-alike

I have had good luck with the TRS25, but I always use a different mount or it is mounted to my Ultimak rail. Ran a Vortex Sparc for a day and didnt like the side mounted power button, switched out for a Leupold Deltapoint and liked it ( except the stupid top cover)

RMR's are nice too but I have T1/H1s on everything else.

I've got a few different guns I am going to setup for different things. Trying to get some ideas.

I've been searching the AR forums but most stuff that comes up has 2009-2013 dates and not much 2015+ current that I can find that aren't knock offs. I know a lot of new stuff has come out but haven't seen reviews with any real info about them.

Are most people going towards the cheaper stuff now with similar results? Of course most of them aren't being used in a war zone currently.

The ones that keep coming up are Primary Arms Red Dot..http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-classic-30mm-red-dot-gen-ii/p/kt-pa30mmrdgenii/

...and the Vortex StrikeFire II setup... http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-vortex-strikefire-ii-red-dot-4-moa.html

I'll probably do a mid level setup on mine and a basic red dot setup for my wife until she gets comfortable with what she wants. Not interested in a high power scope YET until I figure out my AR10 setup.