2016 Camaro SS vs 2016 Mustang GT

caseyctsv

For those of you that say "I hate the Mustang styling but love the Camaro or, more commonly, I hate the Camaro but love the Mustang styling, I thought this was interesting:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160208/c1c4b018bb014da4340c7b460da1f594.jpg

For those of you that say "I hate the Mustang styling but love the Camaro or, more commonly, I hate the Camaro but love the Mustang styling, I thought this was interesting:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160208/c1c4b018bb014da4340c7b460da1f594.jpg

Man those 20" foundry wheels look great, but fuck are they heavy.

I dislike the Camaro's styling over the Mustang because it's unnecessary bulky, with a really high beltline and tiny greenhouse. The Mustang - even though it's slightly heavier - LOOKS more svelte, athletic, faster...

100% agree. 100lbs LOL.

Spring track day will be Friday April 29th at National Trails

Cool, thanks. I'm game.

Man those 20" foundry wheels look great, but fuck are they heavy.

Yeah, and the PP wheels are lighter believe it or not, but still weigh 32lbs front and 33lbs rear. LOHFUCKINGL.

100% agree. 100lbs LOL.

Cool, thanks. I'm game.

Yeah, and the PP wheels are lighter believe it or not, but still weigh 32lbs front and 33lbs rear. LOHFUCKINGL.

Not to nitpick but (from the article linked): 3,825 minus 3,672 = 152 pounds lighter, not 100 pounds. :)

Not to nitpick but (from the article linked): 3,825 minus 3,672 = 152 pounds lighter, not 100 pounds. :)

Casey, LOL, You've always had trouble comparing similarly optioned cars. Literally in every single thread, you want to quote base camaro weights, and loaded mustang weights...

It's roughly 100lbs.

Are they really that heavy? I thought the wheels I just bought were heavy and even the rears at 20x11 are only 29.5 pounds.

Yep.

American Muscle PP reps in 19x10 (wider than 9/9.5 stockers) weigh less than the OEMs LOL.

Casey, LOL, You've always had trouble comparing similarly optioned cars. Literally in every single thread, you want to quote base camaro weights, and loaded mustang weights...

It's roughly 100lbs.

I pulled the numbers right from the MT article which compared a Camaro SS with a Mustang GT and listed the weights. What am I missing? The Camaro does not have a stripper model with the V8. How are these numbers not representative? The V6 is another 200 pounds lighter.

What is the weight of a no option 6th camaro ss? Whatever the lightest transmission is (usually manual).

The camaro in this article is as close to a base as has been weighed, only 1500 in options. I'm using that as the weight of a base camaro.

The base performance package cars are in the 3720-3760 range. The true no option GT is right at 3700lbs. Its the nav, 20" wheels, leather, and the other 15k in options that ports these things up over 3800lbs.

• 4 weeks later...
Where is the comparison with a Challenger Scat Pack?

SRT would be above both of those in price range

I have not seen a comparison but I am sure they are coming. The Challenger is really a very different car than the Mustang and Camaro's these days. The Challenger is a much bigger, heavier car. I think the straight line performance would be close but not on any road course-type comparison. The Challenger is a great bargain though.

Interestingly, my rental this week in Dallas is a 2015 Challenger R/T with the Hemi / auto combo. It is a nice car but is way different than even my 2011 Camaro. It does sound good and is big and comfy inside.

Agreed....not understanding why Dodge made their rides such freakin pigs. But I will say I drove all of the 2015 SRT's at a SRT Track Experience and the new suspension on them REALLY helps compared to old

I understand it completely. IMHO, dodge is going bigger for more comfort. They are willing to sacrifice the sports car feel to make the car more roomy and plush. They really aren't in the same segment like they used to be.