What to do...

dover

As much as I LIKE the new ZL1, I just don't see you fitting a car seat in the backseat of it. If you're going to spend that much, look at the new Grand Sport...

http://racecarthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2017-chevrolet-corvette-grand-sport-001-1.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I LIKE the new ZL1, I just don't see you fitting a car seat in the backseat of it. If you're going to spend that much, look at the new GrandG]

Where there's a will, there's a way. My kids loved my gto, and they loved the caddy. I'd wait for whatever gm is offering with the 10 speed. I plan on having a raptor and a vette with the 10 speed.

I currently have a 14' 1LE, car is fun has bolt ons, and if I keep it I plan on going H/C with it.

The stock heads are good for 600rwhp. They flow really well. I think the "feel" you're looking for won't be found in such a solid setup like a 1LE.. there isn't a fly by the seat of your pants feeling of rocketing forward because of all the stiff suspension - you're not bouncing around like how much faster I felt in my Mustang, or how I'd assume a Caddy to act. That's just my guess anyways.

The stock heads are good for 600rwhp. They flow really well. I think the "feel" you're looking for won't be found in such a solid setup like a 1LE.. there isn't a fly by the seat of your pants feeling of rocketing forward because of all the stiff suspension - you're not bouncing around like how much faster I felt in my Mustang, or how I'd assume a Caddy to act. That's just my guess anyways.

The feel I am looking for is torque. And I don't want to have to dump thousands to over compensate to make torque just to make a lardass of a car move. The suspension is fantastic and definitely setup for what it's designed for, tracks. I think I went the wrong route by going with a 1LE over a ZL1 in the beginning, specifically for what I was looking for in terms of feel.

Who knows though, it may make more sense in the long run just to throw a F1X kit on my car and just call it a day. Hard to beat the looks and sound of these cars with a big cam.

I looked at doing the full ADM swap to include the LSA blower etc. After owning a Kenny Bell car I really don't want to own a roots style blower car again. Great for about one hit on the dyno then so heat soaked it's like driving N/A anyway. I have been watching a couple guys setups on Camaro5 for a bit now, and the two I like the best are the ECS1500 and Procharger F1x kits. ECS kit with the basic NOVI blower can be had for around $5k and the entire PC kit will run me in the $7k's. Nice thing about the ECS kit is if the NOVI 1500 becomes to little it's a couple brackets and upgrade to the YSI which is capable of far more.

Anyone on Camaro5 should know Bo White, and I would presumably do a setup like his. Bolt-ons, cam, blower = 95k miles no issues.

I put 1k miles on my h/c/I vette last year. And 10k miles on my v when I had it and 10k miles on my Audi. You will enjoy having four doors, and the ride of the v is amazing for daily usage

I loved my caddy. My advice is to get the v and mod it. I a, almost certainly parting ways with my vette this summer, and either getting another vette, or something else with four doors that is fast. Specifically, I'm waiting for gm to throw the 10 speed autos in the c7z

S8+? :gabe: