GoT

RC K9

I firmly believe that beheading is the only true death in the GoT universe. Everything else is temporary until the head is separated from body.

Remember, when Arya is traveling with the Hound and he fights that Beric dude (who then gets healed and takes Arya), Arya asks Beric if a man who's been beheaded can be revived and he doesn't answer.

Could be intentionally vague, but I still think that's really the only form of finality in that universe.

What about burning them like those in the north have done to prevent them from being re-animated into wights? One would guess that's the "true" death as opposed to beheading as we've seen some pretty tore up wights in battle.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about burning them like those in the north have done to prevent them from being re-animated into wights? One would guess that's the "true" death as opposed to beheading as we've seen some pretty tore up wights in battle.

true...

Yea, let's burn Dany and that will end her character.... OH WAIT!!! bitch is nekkid!! Look at dem titties!!!

Well, sort of. Fire clearly has a special meaning in this universe. Not just because of the title of the series of books, but when you look at all the character interactions with fire, it's a bit different. It inspires a huge range of effects from terror and fear (the Hound) to magic (Melisandre, Varys, Lord of Light), to power (Dany & dragons, Tyrion's use of wildfire). It sort of comes full circle with Stannis, having sacrificed Shireen to win the war, then punishing Mance Rayder for not bowing to him, then eventually what happens to Stannis? We can assume he's beheaded by Brienne...though it's not explicitly on screen, that's not really the type of mistake Brienne makes.

I think fire basically allows a person to continue affecting the world in some way whereas beheading basically means "you can stop paying attention to this person now"

• 2 weeks later...

The Hound! Glad he's back. And Arya...will be interesting to see how she gets out of this one. I have read some interesting theories on her.

In regards to The Brotherhood Without Banners, if that was them that slaughtered all the people that The Hound was with, it would seem very out of character for them as they are supposed to be a "robin hood/defend the defenseless" bunch of fellas. Slaughtering unarmed paupers kind of goes against what they are all about.

And looks like Danny may be getting some ships soon.

The Hound! Glad he's back. And Arya...will be interesting to see how she gets out of this one. I have read some interesting theories on her.

Did you see the one where the girl trying to kill her is really herself? She'll pull off her face and it'll be Arya...a girl has no name.

Did you see the one where the girl trying to kill her is really herself? She'll pull off her face and it'll be Arya...a girl has no name.

Yeah, that was one of the theories I read, and the one I am least likely to believe at this point.

I personally think Arya never really let go of who she was. Hence her never getting rid of Needle. She wants revenge, and that's what she is going to do. I think she will wind up back in Westeros. Keep in mind when she was with the Brotherhood, and the Red Priestess saw her, she told Arya they would meet again, and she would end many lives. I would venture to guess they may have Arya fill the role of Lady Stonehart from the books, (in the books that character was actually Arya's mom). I think Arya will be killed, either Milasandre (sp) or another red priest/priestess will bring her back to life, and she will go on a vengence driven killing spree.

I think Arya will be killed, either Milasandre (sp) or another red priest/priestess will bring her back to life, and she will go on a vengence driven killing spree.

The more I think about what they have to tie up and the amount of episodes left in the SIERIES (less than 20) it's gonna be rushed and kinda suck.

In regards to The Brotherhood Without Banners, if that was them that slaughtered all the people that The Hound was with, it would seem very out of character for them as they are supposed to be a "robin hood/defend the defenseless" bunch of fellas. Slaughtering unarmed paupers kind of goes against what they are all about.

And looks like Danny may be getting some ships soon.

Yeah, that was one of the theories I read, and the one I am least likely to believe at this point.

I personally think Arya never really let go of who she was. Hence her never getting rid of Needle. She wants revenge, and that's what she is going to do. I think she will wind up back in Westeros. Keep in mind when she was with the Brotherhood, and the Red Priestess saw her, she told Arya they would meet again, and she would end many lives. I would venture to guess they may have Arya fill the role of Lady Stonehart from the books, (in the books that character was actually Arya's mom). I think Arya will be killed, either Milasandre (sp) or another red priest/priestess will bring her back to life, and she will go on a vengence driven killing spree.

I think Catelyn being their leader makes the most sense especially since her Uncle Blackfish is currently under siege by the Lannisters, who are also holding Edmure Tully prisoner. A faceoff between the Lannisters and Starks is coming, and a revived Catelyn makes way more sense to take on the Lannister army than Arya.

I read somewhere that the music that was played as the Hound walked through the corpses of the "parish" of the Seven, was the same exact music that was played when Catelyn Stark asked Brienne to swear loyalty to her. Hard to deny her as the impending Lady Stoneheart if that's true.

One other thing to think about: The Hound is now an ally of the Faith of the Seven. Who do we know has an upcoming date with the High Septon? That's right, Cersei. She's gonna demand a trial by combat and use The Mountain as her champion. Who do you imagine the Faith will call as their champion? Could be Lancel Lannister, to force her to choose between killing her family or basically admitting guilt. Or they could ask The Hound to step in to fight his brother. I think the latter.

Interesting, but we haven't seen anyone come back from being dead as long as Katelyn Stark, have we?

I agree that we'll be seeing a mountain/hound showdown, but it would be a bummer to see the hound hook up with the high scepter.

One other thing to think about: The Hound is now an ally of the Faith of the Seven. Who do we know has an upcoming date with the High Septon? That's right, Cersei. She's gonna demand a trial by combat and use The Mountain as her champion. Who do you imagine the Faith will call as their champion? Could be Lancel Lannister, to force her to choose between killing her family or basically admitting guilt. Or they could ask The Hound to step in to fight his brother. I think the latter.

I heard a theory last night that really got me thinking. What if the High Septon calls new favorite king, Tommen, to fight The Mountain. that would send Cersei into a total mid fuck situation.

Bro's...who the fuck is Catelyn? How do you guys know all these people's names and shit? I watch every show non stop and don't get half the shit you guys do...

It's Ned's (former) wife.

On the Arya thing...here is another theory...

What if that was NOT Arya, but Jaquen Haggar? Think about it. Arya knows what the Faceless men can do. Would she just be gallivanting out in public after the stunt she just pulled and Haggar having stated she would not receive another chance? Where did Arya get the gold? WHY DIDN'T ARYA HAVE NEEDLE WITH HER WHEN THE WAIF ATTACKED HER?

What if Haggar was really trying to see what the Waif would do? Notice how it has been repeated that a faceless man is no one. A faceless man has no desires. Yet the Waif seems hell bent on killing Arya. She is foaming at the teeth to do it. She obviously has desires. And only "someone" would have desires.

What if that was NOT Arya, but Jaquen Haggar? Think about it. Arya knows what the Faceless men can do. Would she just be gallivanting out in public after the stunt she just pulled and Haggar having stated she would not receive another chance? Where did Arya get the gold? WHY DIDN'T ARYA HAVE NEEDLE WITH HER WHEN THE WAIF ATTACKED HER?

What if Haggar was really trying to see what the Waif would do? Notice how it has been repeated that a faceless man is no one. A faceless man has no desires. Yet the Waif seems hell bent on killing Arya. She is foaming at the teeth to do it. She obviously has desires. And only "someone" would have desires.

Arya is also left handed, if you notice in this weeks episode "Arya" is doing all of these things with her right hand, totally out of character. Definitely not Arya that got stabbed.

Arya is also left handed, if you notice in this weeks episode "Arya" is doing all of these things with her right hand, totally out of character. Definitely not Arya that got stabbed.

Bruh...now my head hurts...

Especially since he commands the Waif "do not let her suffer" and then she twists the stake in her gut.

Damn, that's a great theory.

Last nights episode was awesome. The mountain ripping that dudes head off was pretty epic. All those bitch sparrows wanted nothing to do with him or Cersei after that.

Glad mother of dragons is back. Who was attacking the city though? Are those the iron island ships?

Glad mother of dragons is back. Who was attacking the city though? Are those the iron island ships?

They said it was all the Slave owners i thought? basically they didn't like Tyrion's deal he had made. Glad Dany is back too, she needs to fuck shit up with those dragons!! Can't wait till the battle of Winterfel next week!!!!!!!!

They said it was all the Slave owners i thought? basically they didn't like Tyrion's deal he had made. Glad Dany is back too, she needs to fuck shit up with those dragons!! Can't wait till the battle of Winterfel next week!!!!!!!!

Not like Tyrion has any experience leading a land-based battle against a seaborne enemy or anything...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/4/41/Wildfire_explosion.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150328212702