First Trip of the Year - Ireland & Scotland

Earache

But they did have a nice pub and I managed to swill down yet another glass of black honey, Nectar of the Gods........

IMG_3729Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumped all of the luggage at the new hotel before leaving town and then headed for the country on a day trip ride along the coast ....

IMG_3741Large-3.jpg

IMG_3742Large.jpg

IMG_3743Large-3.jpg

IMG_3745Large-3.jpg

IMG_3746Large-2.jpg

IMG_3746Large-2.jpg

IMG_3751Large-1.jpg

IMG_3753Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Paved goat paths that they call roads; damned near launched it over the side a couple of times as I was looking st shit instead of the road. The wife was oblivious to my riding mistakes though as she was checking out the scenery as well....

IMG_3763Large-1.jpg

IMG_3764Large.jpg

IMG_3765Large-1.jpg

IMG_3766Large-1.jpg

IMG_3767Large.jpg

IMG_3769Large.jpg

IMG_3770Large-1.jpg

IMG_3771Large.jpg

IMG_3772Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

Old bridge built by the Romans (the fuckin' Romans!) before they nailed that guy up on a cross back in the day. That's an old assed bridge!

Some old guy was crawling around below the bridge and I kept shooting pics of him, hoping to capture the moment when he slipped to his death. But he never did...

IMG_3780Large.jpg

IMG_3782Large.jpg

IMG_3783Large.jpg

IMG_3787Large.jpg

IMG_3791Large.jpg

IMG_3791Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Getting late in the day and we start humping it back to Killarney, riding along some great twisties along the way.......

IMG_3794Large.jpg

IMG_3795Large.jpg

IMG_3796Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Staying in the kickass Fairview Guesthouse in the middle Killarney tonight.

Got rock star parking along with a couple of other scooters.

Finally got a room with an actual king bed - hard to find here as the rooms are generally pretty small. Had a plasma, firepalce and good view out the window. Need to work on the garish room decor though. Not everyone likes their bedroom to look like a whorehouse....

IMG_3804Large-1.jpg

IMG_3797Large-1.jpg

IMG_3798Large-1.jpg

IMG_3801Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Had a cool little living room area with a nice gflat screen as well. Nice place.

Bummed around town that night, dranka few and hit the hay. Tomorrow is a long ride so we took it easy........

IMG_3803Large.jpg

IMG_3810Large.jpg

IMG_3811Large.jpg

IMG_3812Large-1.jpg

IMG_3813Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

We're heading for the west coast of Ireland today and need to cross a bay. The line for the ferry was about 100 cars long when we got there and the ferry holds about 25 cars. The trip is 30 minutes long so we were looking at about 1-1/2 to 2 hour wait, right? Not in Europe! Bikes go to the front of the line and don't have to wait. I felt bad passing all of those cars (not!) on my way to the front.

Looks warm in the pics, but it was about 45F and very windy, so Judy left her helmet on during the crossing.

Lots of old, fat bastards on BMW's on the ferry so I fit right in...

IMG_3815Large-1.jpg

IMG_3816Large-1.jpg

IMG_3817Large-1.jpg

IMG_3820Large.jpg

IMG_3821Large.jpg

IMG_3821Large.jpg

IMG_3825Large-1.jpg

IMG_3826Large.jpg

IMG_3827Large-1.jpg

IMG_3829Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

Hit the first pub we saw, Crotty's, for lunch when we hit land. Got the usual Rock Star parking again, too...

IMG_3836Large-1.jpg

IMG_3837Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

We ride north along the coast to Spanish Point, (named that as a bunch of Spanish sailor's died in a shipwreck off the point at in the 1400's) and into our home for the next 3 nights; The Armada Hotel (http://www.burkesarmadahotel.com/). Another high dollar place that I wouldn't have personally picked, but the wife didn't ask me.

Got a great sea view suite on with a cast iron tub in the middle of the room. I have a few pics of me in the tub taking a bath, but I'll spare you this time. You can thank me later.......

IMG_3847Large.jpg

IMG_3848Large.jpg

IMG_3849Large-1.jpg

IMG_3850Large-1.jpg

IMG_3851Large.jpg

IMG_3852Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

Incredible views from our room. Front Desk guy said they had whale watching boat tours available. Shit, I thought I saw one from my room. So I zoomed in and sure enough, "Thar she blows, matey!"

IMG_3855Large.jpg

IMG_3856Large.jpg

IMG_3857Large.jpg

IMG_3869Large.jpg

IMG_3870Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Went outside after my bath and discovered that those really aren't dark tinted windows in the room. I thought that old lady had a rather surprised look on her face while I was towelling off....

IMG_3874Large.jpg

IMG_3877Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Bored with the outdoor life, I head into the bar to check emails for work. Stumbled upon a beer while I was in there. Heaven, I tell ya, pure heaven....

attachment.php?attachmentid=78431&stc=1&d=1242747272

IMG_3860Large.jpg

IMG_3861Large.jpg

IMG_3862Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Got drunk as shit and passed out that night. So no more pics until the next day.

It's rough waking up to this each day...

attachment.php?attachmentid=78432&stc=1&d=1242747405

Edited by Earache

Heading out today to explore our way around teh coastal roads. Found some more old churches and graveyards. They had the cornerstone of the church behind bars along with the date it was laid - 1250 AD..

IMG_3891Large-1.jpg

IMG_3893Large.jpg

IMG_3894Large.jpg

Mortar is for pussies...

IMG_3895Large.jpg

IMG_3896Large.jpg

IMG_3897Large.jpg

IMG_3898Large.jpg

IMG_3900Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

If you're gonna have a beach house, it might as well be a cool beach house. This guy renovated a tower castle for his. Noice!thumbsup.gif

IMG_3917Large-1.jpg

IMG_3918Large.jpg

IMG_3919Large-1.jpg

IMG_3920Large-1.jpg

Edited by Earache

There's another one just down the road. Not quite in "move in" condition yet. Just needs some paint.......

IMG_3924Large-1.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=78453&stc=1&d=1242748234

Edited by Earache