First Trip of the Year - Ireland & Scotland

Earache

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "track" consists of the local streets between the three towns of Colerain, Portrush and Portstewart - about 9 miles long.

A lot of the track is located along the ocean and is subject to widely varying type so of weather....

IMG_4168Large-1.jpg

IMG_4169Large-1.jpg

IMG_4170Large.jpg

Judy was freezing her patootie off all day, but kept a smile going through it all...

IMG_4171Large-1.jpg

Ditto with Mark....

IMG_4172Large-1.jpg

No pics of me as I was cussin' like a sailor about the shit conditions.:D

Did the obligatory lap through the paddock to check out the scooters.

Relentless Suzuki squad...

IMG_4173Large-1.jpg

Fast independents...

IMG_4184Large.jpg

IMG_4186Large-1.jpg

IMG_4191Large.jpg

HM PLant ditched Ducati and switched to Honda this year...

IMG_4194Large-1.jpg

IMG_4199Large-1.jpg

IMG_4198Large.jpg

Your buddy has a sweet pad.

Yeah, he's really roughin' it. Sold his business and retired last year and spends his days fuckin' around.

Kinda hard to feel sorry for him.

Edited by Earache

Now this is cool. Check out that subframe - it's actually the fuel tank. Located here to lower the center of gravity to make it turn faster. How cool is that?

The "tank" is all airbox, as evidenced by the gill slots in the front of it...

IMG_4200Large.jpg

IMG_4201Large.jpg

IMG_4202Large.jpg

IMG_4204Large.jpg

IMG_4205Large.jpg

Very trick shit indeed.

The Race Doctors fuckin' around prior to teh race. These guys are all fast as shit and follow the racers around the course so that they can be right on the scene as soon as needed.

Carrying all of their gear and still quick...

IMG_4208Large.jpg

IMG_4212Large-2.jpg

IMG_4213Large-1.jpg

IMG_4213Large-1.jpg

IMG_4215Large-2.jpg

IMG_4217Large.jpg

We'll see some action shots of them later in the story....

so youve been in ireland/scotland for about a month now? how long are you staying? dont know how i missed this thread. read/looked at all the pics. from what im learning is that its still cold and rains alot over there. has lots of castles, stone, and places to drink. haha

i would like to take a trip there someday as i am part scottish/irish. ive always wanted to visit, but doesnt seem as interesting now with all the crappy weather. is that normal? im guessing yes as the UK is about where canada is in comparison.

so youve been in ireland/scotland for about a month now? how long are you staying? dont know how i missed this thread. read/looked at all the pics. from what im learning is that its still cold and rains alot over there. has lots of castles, stone, and places to drink. haha

i would like to take a trip there someday as i am part scottish/irish. ive always wanted to visit, but doesnt seem as interesting now with all the crappy weather. is that normal? im guessing yes as the UK is about where canada is in comparison.

We're back home now - was there from May 1 through the 20th.

Rain and cold are the norm - year 'round. Although nothing is extreme like we have. Cold days there are 40F and warm ones are 60F, not much of a swing. In general, the weather kinda sucks.