June 29 & 30th - Mid-Ohio

SchmuckGirl

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had such a great time.... and man I am BEAT. I guess the consensus from both track coaches yesterday and today was that I have good form and just need to work on speed and smoothness. I think I'm going to put my bike back almost to stock gearing or just -1 in the front. Being -1, +2 was really fucking up my world for the last two days. Every time I roll on and off the throttle it was jerking the bike and disrupt the chassis. Anyway, had a blast, learned alot and can't wait to try Grattan or Putnam.

I won't do 2 days back to back again though. I was so exhausted by the middle of this afternoon that my legs were shaking. My instructor followed me and said I wasn't getting off the bike as much but it was because I couldn't lift myself from side to side!

The website for the photog is jasonjosephphotography.net

I'm glad you had a good time...hopefully everyone returned safely.

I don't know how you did two days worth. I was beat after one and my legs are still a little on the rubber side today.

As for gearing...thanks for the tip. My bike is stock gearing and I'm looking to do something...prolly just -1 in the front...and that's it. Another option for the jerkiness...shift up a gear to reduce the rpms. Just a thought.

Thanks for the linky.

I'm glad you had a good time...hopefully everyone returned safely.

I don't know how you did two days worth. I was beat after one and my legs are still a little on the rubber side today.

As for gearing...thanks for the tip. My bike is stock gearing and I'm looking to do something...prolly just -1 in the front...and that's it. Another option for the jerkiness...shift up a gear to reduce the rpms. Just a thought.

Thanks for the linky.

Yeah, didn't really think of shifting up a gear. I pretty much rode the whole track in 3rd, except for the straights.....probably shoulda tried 4th a little more. I think you'll like -1 in the front. You have enough experience that you'll notice it but it won't be a whole different bike.

I honestly had no idea what was coming for me when I signed up for two days. No one really mentioned how dead beat tired and rubbery-legged one can be after a full day of hard riding at the track. Ah well, a lesson learned.

Your picture looks good. The keyhole and carousel owned me most of the time but I got a few passes that I was more pleased with.....hope the dude took pics of me....

Yeah, didn't really think of shifting up a gear. I pretty much rode the whole track in 3rd, except for the straights.....probably shoulda tried 4th a little more. I think you'll like -1 in the front. You have enough experience that you'll notice it but it won't be a whole different bike.

I honestly had no idea what was coming for me when I signed up for two days. No one really mentioned how dead beat tired and rubbery-legged one can be after a full day of hard riding at the track. Ah well, a lesson learned.

Your picture looks good. The keyhole and carousel owned me most of the time but I got a few passes that I was more pleased with.....hope the dude took pics of me....

Thanks! When you changed your front...or when someone helped you...did you need an impact wrench? I was looking at mine tonight. I know I need to buy a socket...I don't have the size. I'm hoping I can just muscle it off.

As for the carousel, the was the toughest turn for me my first day. I kept trying to stay close to the inside the entire time...wasn't working. Instructor showed me the way. On the keyhole...you can get away with that for the most part.

Wait Ananda, you forgot to mention my super slide in turn 7. I mean come on, were you really waiting on me to post about it?

Nah Im too busy looking for parts to get my bike to 90% asap. Acutally the levers will be done in about 5 mins, but as I pound this wendys to the face Im ordering barends, and most likey a new half exhaust system if I can find that link..... Already got oil and a filter and antifreeze so I ll be doing all that tomorrow night along with checking the bike over.

I rode it around the block got up to 35ish in 3rd just to swap gears. I ll be reording the GP shift kit again, but thats ight.

Okay now for hte WRECK!!!

I had drug knee in turn 7 today and toe in turn 6 yesterday and was getting more and more comfy. Got bumped up today a group and was riding real well, but then just lost focus I think.

Passed a dude on the back straight at the top speed I had hit in the 2 days, no idea what but Id say 145ish, I had hit 137 yday and earlier in the day, but I hit another gear before the wreck. Came into 6 a little hot, but held my line, but then 7 got me.

Came over the hill wide, leaned a tad more and rolled into the throttle after a quick desell after the lean, just to havce the rear slide a bit, rolled into the throttle, stood it back up saving the turn, but then the rear shimmyed, the front started to shimmey, and then I was on my ass slidding as my bike was sliding in front of me.

The exhaust on the left is rashed, BUT not all the way through. Im replacing that with a new one on order tonight, the front fearing is a little worn, the bar end is shaved 1/3 off which will be orderd in a minute, the shifter is a little worn but works, the side fearing needs some love too, and the footped took a little beating.

Overall my friend looked at it, and was pretty surprised how it ended up as he totalled his CBR a month ago.

I realized alot of things, first off, going down isnt that bad so long as you are GEARED correctly. My face mask is scrapped to hell, but my helmet is not scraped(most likely replacing it anyways), my leather jacket held up ok, tore on 2 seams BUT did not leave anything exposed and the armor did its job, my hip hurts like hell but the pants held up awesome. Gloves sucked, and ripped at the seam, BUT the padding was perfectly placed below it and my hand is fine.

I was able to hold two thumbs in the air as I slid down into 8, right behind my bike. It stayed in 8 dropped a little fluid, anit and either oil or gas, Id say oil, but it started right up and is running fine.

Glad Im ok, planning to hit those other track days and worry about cosmetics this winter.

Good times, learned so much and had so much fun!

My trackbike came -1 in the front. It was PERFECT for beaver run(the whole 2 sessions before I opted to crash). However, I think I may change out the rear for Mid Ohio, just don't like it as well as stock in Thunder valley and coming onto the front straight. I have a couple of rear sprockets, so I have options.

Wait Ananda, you forgot to mention my super slide in turn 7. I mean come on, were you really waiting on me to post about it?

Nah Im too busy looking for parts to get my bike to 90% asap. Acutally the levers will be done in about 5 mins, but as I pound this wendys to the face Im ordering barends, and most likey a new half exhaust system if I can find that link..... Already got oil and a filter and antifreeze so I ll be doing all that tomorrow night along with checking the bike over.

I rode it around the block got up to 35ish in 3rd just to swap gears. I ll be reording the GP shift kit again, but thats ight.

Okay now for hte WRECK!!!

I had drug knee in turn 7 today and toe in turn 6 yesterday and was getting more and more comfy. Got bumped up today a group and was riding real well, but then just lost focus I think.

Passed a dude on the back straight at the top speed I had hit in the 2 days, no idea what but Id say 145ish, I had hit 137 yday and earlier in the day, but I hit another gear before the wreck. Came into 6 a little hot, but held my line, but then 7 got me.

Came over the hill wide, leaned a tad more and rolled into the throttle after a quick desell after the lean, just to havce the rear slide a bit, rolled into the throttle, stood it back up saving the turn, but then the rear shimmyed, the front started to shimmey, and then I was on my ass slidding as my bike was sliding in front of me.

The exhaust on the left is rashed, BUT not all the way through. Im replacing that with a new one on order tonight, the front fearing is a little worn, the bar end is shaved 1/3 off which will be orderd in a minute, the shifter is a little worn but works, the side fearing needs some love too, and the footped took a little beating.

Overall my friend looked at it, and was pretty surprised how it ended up as he totalled his CBR a month ago.

I realized alot of things, first off, going down isnt that bad so long as you are GEARED correctly. My face mask is scrapped to hell, but my helmet is not scraped(most likely replacing it anyways), my leather jacket held up ok, tore on 2 seams BUT did not leave anything exposed and the armor did its job, my hip hurts like hell but the pants held up awesome. Gloves sucked, and ripped at the seam, BUT the padding was perfectly placed below it and my hand is fine.

I was able to hold two thumbs in the air as I slid down into 8, right behind my bike. It stayed in 8 dropped a little fluid, anit and either oil or gas, Id say oil, but it started right up and is running fine.

Glad Im ok, planning to hit those other track days and worry about cosmetics this winter.

Good times, learned so much and had so much fun!

Awe shit man, sorry you wrecked. Glad to see your ok and in good spirits.

My trackbike came -1 in the front. It was PERFECT for beaver run(the whole 2 sessions before I opted to crash). However, I think I may change out the rear for Mid Ohio, just don't like it as well as stock in Thunder valley and coming onto the front straight. I have a couple of rear sprockets, so I have options.

I'm worried about gearing it too much to where I'm out of engine at the end of the back straight at mid ohio. Thoughts?

I'm worried about gearing it too much to where I'm out of engine at the end of the back straight at mid ohio. Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about that as much I don't think. Just make up for it by carrying more speed into 6. I'd be worried about gearing it too short for other parts of the track. I'm finding that its a bit too short coming out of the carosel in 2nd, and messing me up on the front straight. I may switch my shift pattern and try shifting sooner while still leaned over in 14 to see if that feels any better and try to pickup 4th before T1.

Oh, and good form yesterday. You looked pretty good whilst passing me.

I wouldn't worry about that as much I don't think. Just make up for it by carrying more speed into 6. I'd be worried about gearing it too short for other parts of the track. I'm finding that its a bit too short coming out of the carosel in 2nd, and messing me up on the front straight. I may switch my shift pattern and try shifting sooner while still leaned over in 14 to see if that feels any better and try to pickup 4th before T1.

Oh, and good form yesterday. You looked pretty good whilst passing me.

Thanks...I passed a few yesterday..especially the ducati riders.. The liter bikes ate me up at the end of the back straight.

I carry second thru the carosel, and hit 3rd around the finish line and then back down to 2nd for turn 1. I'm curious what the new pattern will be after I gear it with a -1 in the front.

Thanks...I passed a few yesterday..especially the ducati riders.. The liter bikes ate me up at the end of the back straight.

I carry second thru the carosel, and hit 3rd around the finish line and then back down to 2nd for turn 1. I'm curious what the new pattern will be after I gear it with a -1 in the front.

Seemed to be aprilias getting in my way last time, this time it was me getting in the way!

Dude, there is no way you should be down shifting for Turn 1. Just roll off a bit then tip it in. Thats a 100+mph turn easy.

Dude, there is no way you should be down shifting for Turn 1. Just roll off a bit then tip it in. Thats a 100+mph turn easy.

This is good to know. I peeked at my speedo a few times and I was only at 81-82mph out of turn 1. I'll have to try to increase my speed there next time. I kept thinking I could take it faster...but once I saw I had the exit line, I'd peek, and it be at 81...then 82...every damn time.

I def agree with Walther, I carry 3rd gear all the way to the 200-100 breaking cones for turn 2. Hitting it hard through the braking cones and not setting up for the corner til 100, slowing just before that, then hitting it hard with 3rd through it, and down to 2 for 2,3,4,5, then FAST.

But Im on a 1000 and def. dont have much track time....

Bar ends ordered, oil is drained and just waiting for a filter tomorrow, topped off antifreeze, replaced levers, ordered new grips, got some ##'s to try to find someone who will sell me just the left side of a Jardine system, slip on and collector pipe, and got Pauls ##'s to call tomo to get my fairings done. I was going to wait for the cosmetic work, but might as well get it done too. Pieces are off the bike and ready to go for prep/paint.

Yeah, I didn't want to steal your thunder, buddy. All I know is that I was taking pictures of you guys in turns 6 and 7 and then turned the camera off to get a different angle on turn 7. Heard the awfullest screaching noise and started running til I could see you sliding down the pavement plus a little spin flip. I thought the RC was never going to stop sliding...I still can't really believe it went all the way down into the outside of turn 8.

Just glad you are ok and the damage to the bike is minimal. You getting sore yet??

I know I was also nervous of Mike being in Novice group 2 the first day and Novice group 1 the second day but when I was up in the turns watching you guys, I could see that he was holding his own just fine!

yea,you pass me once yesterday.the other ducs were slow i got always stuck behind the 999 and i was waiting to pass him in corners.and the gray duc no coment.last session he got instructor ride in front of him.there were few guys who been little too slow for I level

i was surprised when you texted me and said you went down! i was like :eek: he just got the RC! anyway, glad you're ok and the bike isnt too bad. you can borrow my stand for as long as you need (wont need it for the quick turn throttle install) and im down to help out with whatever. im still lookin forward to track day next yr, but maybe ill get huge poles out the side of my bike for frame sliders :D

No man, myth or legend here. Just a tall angry ginger

that occasionally wears dresses :eek: