College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's everyone's top 6? Is this the week we see a two loss team ranked ahead of one loss teams? How far does Washington fall? I say they check in around the 9/10 spot

I think it goes

Bama

OSU

Michigan

Louisville

Clemson

Oklohoma

Penn st

Wisconsin

Washington

OSU is ranked 5th, will most likely be 2nd on Tuesday. However, there's a shit ton of football and arguments left to be had.

Penn State wins out, wins the B10 championship game. Are they out of the playoff?

Bama wins out regular season, loses to SEC East champ in SEC CG, is Bama out?

WVU beats Oklahoma and wins out, they are 1 loss B12 champ, are they in?

Washington wins out and is a 1 loss Pac12 champ, are they in?

Clemson wins out and is a 1 loss ACC champ, are they in?

Basically, does a resume get you in or does a conference championship?

I don't see how we could be left of we win out with style points.

There would be so many reason why we would get the nod id have to imagine.

Didn't TCU and Baylor win with style points 2 years ago? The committee fucked themselves by stating that conference championships were weighed heavily. Now if the committee states that the playoff is top 4 teams regardless of championships, then yeah OSU is in.

it would be a disaster for the B1G to send penn state. They would embarrass the conference.

I think Wisconsin would beat them. The way it's looking right now, the best conference in college football all year long is going to have a 2 loss champion, let that sink in for a second

Okay let's say it plays out like this. We beat Michigan then Penn State wins out and plays Wisconsin the B1G championship game and Wisconsin wins. I think you could be looking at Ohio State and Wisky both making the CFP. It's likely that the PAC 12 could be out now and the Big 12 as well. That means one conference will get 2 teams in. It's between the B1G and ACC. No way the committee puts Louisville or Clemson over Ohio State if the Buckeyes keep rolling

Also the Buckeyes may have the most impressive resume by the end of the year. We will have beat 3 potentially top 8 teams in Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Michigan with our only loss at night on the road to another top 8 team. Add in a top 12-15 victory against Nebraska assuming they win out

The committee has already stated conference championships in the number one criteria for selecting. Followed by strength of schedule. Margin of victory and blowing people out doesn't doesn't count.

Bama is not gonna lose so they will be the number one seed.

B1g is going to be tough. Penn st will win out and face what looks like whisky. (Assuming Michigan loses to OSU). If it comes to pen st or whisky as b1g champions I think you see that conference left behind if every other division has a one loss champion. If Michigan wins out then clearly they are in the playoff.

Clemson should win out so they are in the same spot. They will be a playoff team.

PAC 12 is up for grabs. I think wash st beats Washington. You are going to have a multiple loss PAC 12 champion which will help b1g or Louisville.

Big 12 is the tipping point for all of college playoffs. If wvu can win out it will make things very interesting. I do not see that happening.

I have a feeling OSU is going to shoot into the top 4 for the next couple weeks but after the championship games are played and they are not a champion they will be on the outside looking in.

Now if Washington wins out, Clemson wins out and Michigan wins out none of what I typed really matters and they will still be the best three schools.

Did you seriously just say the B1G will be left out of the playoff? Dude what the hell are you smoking? The committee won't leave the far and away best conference out of the playoff. I hope that was some sort of joke or you literally have lost ALL credibility

Do you really think a 2 loss penn st or Wisconsin team that would be a b1g champion gets into the playoff over a two loss champion like Oklohoma who should win the b12 champion?

The committee has stressed conference championships as the number one criteria.

If Bama is undefeated, Clemson is one loss and Washington is one loss and then there is a b12 blue blood like Oklohoma or a two loss Wisconsin or or pen st no way those teams are jumping Oklohoma.

Now if Michigan wins out then obviously they are a playoff team. I have a feeling OSU will again miss the playoffs. And let's not forget OSU has look like world beaters to sub par teams. 4-5 games they have played against with any sort of talent they have been ho hum.

Do you really think a 2 loss penn st or Wisconsin team that would be a b1g champion gets into the playoff over a two loss champion like Oklohoma who should win the b12 champion?

Uhhh yeah. They would also take a 1 loss Ohio State non conference champ over a conference champ with no conferenve championship game Oklahoma who has 2 losses, one of them to Ohio State. I mean do I really have to explain this to you? There is NO logical sense to putting Oklahoma in over a 1 loss Buckeye team or a 2 loss B1G champ

Lauren you have to be trolling. The B1G champ is in no matter what. The only question is whether they get 2 teams in which i think is likely if OSU is shut out of the B1G championship game. Stop hoping OSU does not make it as they may be the only team that has a chance against Alabama. To be certain, I would absolutely take Bama over OSU but I have not seen another team that has the talent to compete.