535ix vs New Chevy SS (Ls3 V8)

coltboostin

Damn, pretty impressive. Those beamers really wake up with essentially just a tune. A lot of them gain 60+whp just from that

Yeah buddie.

Im probably 100-120 whp and 150+trq (peak) over stock. This is basically all of it. Because the turbos are so small, I could spend another 5k+ on FMIC, pipes, downpipes, full exhaust and only gain 15-20whp.

I can assure you that 5k will NEVER get spent LOL.

Yeah buddie.

Im probably 100-120 whp and 150+trq (peak) over stock. This is basically all of it. Because the turbos are so small, I could spend another 5k+ on FMIC, pipes, downpipes, full exhaust and only gain 15-20whp.

I can assure you that 5k will NEVER get spent LOL.

So what are your mods again exactly?

the battle of the right foots :dumb:

looks exhilarating

The good thing is, at least the SS is available with a 6m, this guy made the wrong choice. Few v8 sedans are nowadays.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is a reason they lose that much value...

Has more to do with almost 10-years old and no one wants to work on even the slightest thing anymore without going to a dealer. The dealer won't let you get out for less than $1k+ on even basic stuff.

I remember when we had our 3-series we were about to go out of town so I had the dealer quote a few small items to fix while we were gone. They QUOTED me over $6,000 to repair like 5 small things... :lolguy:

I bought the parts and did it myself for less than $700 in my driveway.

Has more to do with almost 10-years old and no one wants to work on even the slightest thing anymore without going to a dealer. The dealer won't let you get out for less than $1k+ on even basic stuff.

I remember when we had our 3-series we were about to go out of town so I had the dealer quote a few small items to fix while we were gone. They QUOTED me over $6,000 to repair like 5 small things... :lolguy:

That's kind of where I was going. Repairs are so expensive and the design on european cars are somewhat ridiculous. You can circumvent some of this if you are handy and have some tools.

I have a very good friend, and a good mechanic who works for a used car dealership. Some of the crap he tells me about these vehicles makes me understand why people hate them. (Not BMW specifically, but european in general). Can't do the brakes without getting into the computer, engines without dipsticks, just a bunch of stupid ish.

I had a neighbor trying to do an oil change or something a few years ago on his bimmer, (can't remember specifically what the task was), but the amount of time it took him and the money in special tools and stuff was insane. I remember whatever the job was being simple in theory and I could do on my vehicles quickly and without special tools. I wish I could remember what it was.

That's kind of where I was going. Repairs are so expensive and the design on european cars are somewhat ridiculous. You can circumvent some of this if you are handy and have some tools.

I have a very good friend, and a good mechanic who works for a used car dealership. Some of the crap he tells me about these vehicles makes me understand why people hate them. (Not BMW specifically, but european in general). Can't do the brakes without getting into the computer, engines without dipsticks, just a bunch of stupid ish.

I had a neighbor trying to do an oil change or something a few years ago on his bimmer, (can't remember specifically what the task was), but the amount of time it took him and the money in special tools and stuff was insane. I remember whatever the job was being simple in theory and I could do on my vehicles quickly and without special tools. I wish I could remember what it was.

I changed the oil on my old gf's 1998 VW Passat. WHAT A PAIN IN THE DICK. Which ever nazi designed the placement of that oil filter should be shot.

Also, changed a headlight bulb for a girl on a VW Bug. I probably broke more things than I fixed.

Some cars are ridiculously designed and a major PITA to work on. I've had some good luck with German stuff as long as you have the right tools. YouTube helps a bunch of stuff now with DIY if you're not sure.

I remember in college my wife had a Pontiac Grand Am that I had to un-bolt a motor mount and jack up the engine to replace the damn serpentine belt... :lol:

So what are your mods again exactly?

Filters I dug out of my "dont throw this shit away" bin and a Cobb "race" tune. Thats literally it.

similar experience with one I ran out of Dayton. White SS with exhaust and tune and a German turd had him too.

Nice Run. I'll keep you posted when I'm in Cleveland.

Im down for German on German Crime. Whats done to yours?

the battle of the right foots :dumb:

looks exhilarating

I was manually shifting. Because of the ridiculous torque spike it actually seems faster if I short shift it.

I just bought an 08 335i, this make me happy. I'm planning on downpipes and the jb4. I'm surprised how fun this car is stock.

Honestly dont bother with anything but a tune unelss you just want to waste the money. I did my research, my tune only picked up 110-130whp. If I got a downpipe, IC, pipes...ect.. I MIGHT see another 10-20. The turbos simply cant flow any more air.

This. Rather cut my nuts off and throw them at a short bus.

Its my DD, relax! I have to be able to take million dollar agents around would looking like a teenager. Also, my other car traps 150+mph, so we have our bases covered. ;)

These are surprisingly cheap for a turbo AWD German sedan that's not even 10-years/100k miles old...

I paid less than 10k for mine out the door from a dealer who just replaced the HPFP, injectors, coils, and turbos. This is also for a well optioned car.

Has more to do with almost 10-years old and no one wants to work on

This is dead on. It does also having someone that owns a German repair shop being one of your best friends  the HPFP for example that everyone worries about is $100 used, $430 new, and can get installed in 10 minutes by removing only 3 bolts if you have the right extensions. .