Going to test drive a 2016 Mustang GT tomorrow, what....

Bam

Did you pay? I know we have quite a few owners here....I'm trying to get a ballpark of what people are paying for these things.

It's a manual, GT Premium, with only options being 3.55's and 20" foundry wheels. MSRP is $40k but nobody pays sticker....what should I shoot for?

Any reason to buy a '17 over a leftover '16? Anything you wish you're car had options wise? TIA

Nothing changed on the 17 vs the 16.

I sometimes wish I got the Premium, but with a 4k difference in price new, it's very rarely.

Mine is a 15 GT base with Performance Pack and rear sensors, MSRP $35,990. I got it for $31,750 and 0% financing in August 15.

You're a few months later in a similar situation, so I'd expect 4-5k off MSRP.

The 20s look good, but fuck are they heavy.

I'd not get one without the PP, but thats a personal preference.

Good luck.

I have those wheels, and while they look great, and a big plus is you will never have to clean them (I don't understand why brake dust doesn't get on them), they hurt gas mileage and performance a ton. My vert is a cruiser, so doesn't bother me. I average 17-18 HWY MPG with them. As soon as I put my winter wheels on it Jumps to 20+ MPG. If I had to do over again, I might have opted for the 12 speaker stereo, and the nicer leather seats in white. Performance package wasn't offered in 15 for verts. I put BMR springs on the car and a MBRP H pipe exhaust. Love the sound now. Oh and the Auto is better than the manual for power mods I read. I like my MT-82 though. I've never owned and driven an auto car.

Nothing changed on the 17 vs the 16.

I sometimes wish I got the Premium, but with a 4k difference in price new, it's very rarely.

Mine is a 15 GT base with Performance Pack and rear sensors, MSRP $35,990. I got it for $31,750 and 0% financing in August 15.

You're a few months later in a similar situation, so I'd expect 4-5k off MSRP.

The 20s look good, but fuck are they heavy.

I'd not get one without the PP, but thats a personal preference.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I couldn't get one without leather, so premium is a must for me. I love the wheels, and I glanced at the performance pack stuff and only thing I think I would miss is brembros. Everything else is a common upgrade it seems. Besides I'm not looking for a race car, I've had a focus st for the past 3 years so I'm sure this is faster stock for stock.

You'll regret not getting a performance package unless you plan on swapping all those parts out with serious aftermarket stuff anyways. They feel so mushy without it.. at least the '13s do.

Interesting...guess I'll see how it drives but the suspension is vastly different on the 15+ models, right?

I have those wheels, and while they look great, and a big plus is you will never have to clean them (I don't understand why brake dust doesn't get on them), they hurt gas mileage and performance a ton. My vert is a cruiser, so doesn't bother me. I average 17-18 HWY MPG with them. As soon as I put my winter wheels on it Jumps to 20+ MPG. If I had to do over again, I might have opted for the 12 speaker stereo, and the nicer leather seats in white. Performance package wasn't offered in 15 for verts. I put BMR springs on the car and a MBRP H pipe exhaust. Love the sound now. Oh and the Auto is better than the manual for power mods I read. I like my MT-82 though. I've never owned and driven an auto car.

Not looking for a race car, just a fun cruiser. Sounds like you went the route I'll most likely go, drop it a little and make fun noises and that's about it. I love the look of the wheels so guess I'll have that trade off for mpg's. I'd prefer a vert I think, but at a 10k premium price tag I'll be fine with a coupe.

I paid 34k for my vert. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holy smokes! New? Get me a deal like that and I'll throw some savings your way. This one is 7k off so $33k. I'd pay a few grand more for a vert.

I was very patient and got very lucky. I bought a 14 CS Vert and never test drove it or drove it off the lot. Had a Takata airbag. Ford ended up buying it back at retail so I had a full credit for a 15. I just picked mine out. They went and got it. I'll never get a deal like that again. Super lucky.

Interesting...guess I'll see how it drives but the suspension is vastly different on the 15+ models, right?

They have IRS like every other car on the planet now, yeah. Even for a cruiser/dd I would not want one without the pp. You're lugging around 3700lbs - squishy suspension, Prius tires, and bicycle brakes.. you can imagine how that feels. Get the pp.

Fair enough. Congrats on the great deal. I'm open to most colors, just don't want white/black/yellow/orange. I like the blues....I've seen a new blue, I think it's called lightning blue for the 17's and like it. Must be a 5.0 and manual. The local one is ruby red metallic which I like quite a bit. Just haven't decided if I want to buy a coupe now or hold out for a vert down the road.

Brian...ill try to drive a car with pp and without pp back to back to see the difference, thanks for the input.

Fair enough. Congrats on the great deal. I'm open to most colors, just don't want white/black/yellow/orange. I like the blues....I've seen a new blue, I think it's called lightning blue for the 17's and like it. Must be a 5.0 and manual. The local one is ruby red metallic which I like quite a bit. Just haven't decided if I want to buy a coupe now or hold out for a vert down the road.

Brian...ill try to drive a car with pp and without pp back to back to see the difference, thanks for the input.

If you are undecided absolutely wait for the vert. You will regret it if you dont

you can imagine how that feels. Get the pp.

Seems sig worthy to me.

Anyways, I have deiven a 15 5.0, just a base gt but a nice fun car. My buddy said he paid around 25k for it (guessing end of year deal, idk). He did say that he test drove all 3 available motors (4, 6, and 8) and the 6 was the worst, not that it matters lol.

If you are undecided absolutely wait for the vert. You will regret it if you dont

Exactly my dilemma. I've been telling my wife I want a convertible for the past few years, I just need to continue being patient and wait for the prices to come down a bit more. I could spend $40k but really don't want to for a 3rd car.

Go get that one in Delaware. Ha Ha

LOL. Am I the only one who think that looks hideous?

Is the dealer in Lebanon Ohio still selling base model GTs with a blower installed for $40k?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/amp29116/this-dealer-sells-brand-new-727-hp-supercharged-mustangs-for-40000/

Eh, call me lame but I'd rather have a nice loaded one for less, the only thing I see that much power doing is getting me in trouble.

Every time I see a non-V8 Mustang I cry ery tim

As Dave Matthews says, stay American baby

Haha, +1

Nice! Can't wait to see what you come back with :)

Get a Vert. Ben's is very nice. Don't listen to it though or you'll find yourself getting an exhaust. Sexy. So deep it makes windows shake even going down my street.

Save

You get side eye from your neighbors daily. LOL

MBRP is less than $700 for cat back. Half the price of Magnaflow and Borla, and I like an H pipe better than an X. I've had guys laugh at my MBRP, but no fucks given, I absolutely love the note, And I love black tips, I hate chrome.