College Football Thread 2016/2017 v2.0

Zx2guy19

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read Reddit with sane Bama fans, they all say that last year's team was way better and that while Bama is good, the SEC sucks this year. Lauren is just your typical bandwagon shit talker that doesn't really know a thing about x's and o's

no it dictates who they play in the 1st round..1 plays 4...2 plays 3

Being ranked 2 vs 3 doesn't affect a thing, thus my point haha. I dont care if OSU is ranked 2nd or 3rd. I don't want Bama in the 1st round, I want their cheerios to be shit on in a much larger game this time around

If you read Reddit with sane Bama fans, they all say that last year's team was way better and that while Bama is good, the SEC sucks this year. Lauren is just your typical bandwagon shit talker that doesn't really know a thing about x's and o's

I have been saying all year this isn't even one of the top 5 Bama teams of the last 7-8 years. Their defense is good on the front 4, outside of that I am not blown away really.

Quality wins, USC and that's it. Mind you even they are a 3 loss team, but have been playing really well as of late. Definitely not the same team Bama faced in week 1.

Other than that, Chattanooga LOLOL

I have been saying all year this isn't even one of the top 5 Bama teams of the last 7-8 years. Their defense is good on the front 4, outside of that I am not blown away really.

Quality wins, USC and that's it. Mind you even they are a 3 loss team, but have been playing really well as of late. Definitely not the same team Bama faced in week 1.

Other than that, Chattanooga LOLOL

I was hoping Lauren would bring up USC...it was a set up. You know, since Oklahoma is "not the same team" OSU faced.

On another note, is Oklahoma better now or feasting on Big 12 "defenses"?

I was hoping Lauren would bring up USC...it was a set up. You know, since Oklahoma is "not the same team" OSU faced.

On another note, is Oklahoma better now or feasting on Big 12 "defenses"?

Oklahoma is the same team as they were week 2. The difference is that the Big 12 is shit. USC actually has gotten MUCH better. I still think Alabama would beat them but it would be something like 34-24 this time around.

It's hard to say if this is one of the better Alabama teams. Defensively they're at least as good as they've ever been I think. Offensively they're much different than they've ever been with Hurts at QB. He adds a new threat that Alabama has never had and that's a QB who can make plays with his feet. It's hard to tell if Alabama is THAT good or if they're just a product of playing bad competition in a weak conference.

My conference rankings as of now...

1) B1G

2) Pac 12

3) SEC

4) ACC

5) B12

This could all change after bowl season though. Matchups are important in bowl season and the B1G and SEC play by far the toughest games. The Pac and ACC in particular play more G5 teams than anyone.

MY playoff top 4 and outsiders looking in...

1) Alabama

2) Ohio State

3) Washington

4) Michigan (will change after Championship week)

5) Wisconsin

6) Clemson (Yes, I think Clemson is VERY overrated)

7) USC

8) Penn State

9) Oklahoma

10) Colorado

I think it's are to say all of college football is down right now. Traditional undefeated or one loss teams of two to three loss or worse. Let's look at the conference champions

Bama

PennST

Oklohoma

Clemson

Washington

I think playoff committee will make a statement and leave Ohio st out. They can have them ranked second all year long but it's the final week that matters. If PennST beats Wisconsin their resume just got better by beating a top 10 school and winning the conference. I think the final standing is

Bama

Clemson

Washington

PennST

This is assuming PennST beats Wisconsin. PennST will have the head to head over Ohio st , big 10 conference championship and it's loss to pitt is now ok as pitt is ranked. It's the same pitt team that beat Clemson. Ohio st barely survived Michigan st but PennST annihilated Michigan st.

If Wisconsin wins then not sure of standings.

I think it's are to say all of college football is down right now. Traditional undefeated or one loss teams of two to three loss or worse. Let's look at the conference champions

Bama

PennST

Oklohoma

Clemson

Washington

I think playoff committee will make a statement and leave Ohio st out. They can have them ranked second all year long but it's the final week that matters. If PennST beats Wisconsin their resume just got better by beating a top 10 school and winning the conference. I think the final standing is

Bama

Clemson

Washington

PennST

This is assuming PennST beats Wisconsin. PennST will have the head to head over Ohio st , big 10 conference championship and it's loss to pitt is now ok as pitt is ranked. It's the same pitt team that beat Clemson. Ohio st barely survived Michigan st but PennST annihilated Michigan st.

Are you trolling or do you really not know how to spell that state?

Bama

PennST

Oklohoma

Clemson

Washington

Bama

Clemson

Washington

PennST

YOure out of your oversized retarded gourd if you think OSU is getting left out....Wanna put some cash on it?

So if it's conference champs only, then let's say this happens...

Virginia Tech beats Clemson

Colorado beats Washington

Florida beats Alabama

Penn State beats Wisconsin

Oklahoma wins B12

So then, according to Lauren and everyone else that says "You have to win your conference to get in" have these 5 teams to choose from... Virginia Tech, Colorado, Florida, Penn State and Oklahoma.

Now, tell me, does that make any logical sense? This is why you can't have winning your conference as an automatic bid UNLESS there is an 8 team playoff, and even then, there should really be no automatic bids because a garbage team like Florida or Virginia Tech could get in if they have one good game or their opponent (Alabama/Clemson) has an off-night.

Florida beats Alabama

Oklahoma wins B12

So then, according to Lauren and everyone else that says "You have to win your conference to get in" have these 5 teams to choose from... Virginia Tech, Colorado, Florida, Penn State and Oklahoma.

Now, tell me, does that make any logical sense? This is why you can't have winning your conference as an automatic bid UNLESS there is an 8 team playoff, and even then, there should really be no automatic bids because a garbage team like Florida or Virginia Tech could get in if they have one good game or their opponent (Alabama/Clemson) has an off-night.

Best argument in this thread so far.

Florida beats Alabama

Oklahoma wins B12

You just went balls deep into ballerina's brain

Best argument in this thread so far.

Its essentially like the NFL, why even have wild card teams...

Better take away several super bowls from the last decade to those teams who couldn't even win their division.

(Granted comparing a true playoff is a bit different)

I think playoff committee will make a statement and leave Ohio st out. They can have them ranked second all year long but it's the final week that matters. If PennST beats Wisconsin their resume just got better by beating a top 10 school and winning the conference.

Wow. I care little about sports in general, but from what I've gathered following OSU this season NCAA would be foolish to keep 1-loss OSU out of the playoffs after OSU/Michigan scored the highest TV ratings all-season long.

You know dancing...I know business: that sort of attention means money, and you'd be stupid to shut down that stream of eyeballs focused on how OSU standings interacts with other teams still playing post-season.

If I'm wrong, you can ban me from this thread. :)

Wow. I care little about sports in general, but from what I've gathered following OSU this season NCAA would be foolish to keep 1-loss OSU out of the playoffs after OSU/Michigan scored the highest TV ratings all-season long.

You know dancing...I know business: that sort of attention means money, and you'd be stupid to shut down that stream of eyeballs focused on how OSU standings interacts with other teams still playing post-season.

If I'm wrong, you can ban me from this thread. :)

This is besides the "football facts" that show OSU as the best resume in football.

Go look at the 2014 ratings, vs last year too ;) The day the games were played had little to do with it, IMO.

You know why OSU will make the post season, because they draw viewership where PSU/Wisconsin don't. The ratings for a Bama/OSU rematch will be through the roof. I think the committee learned last year by putting MSU in the game that they don't put asses in seats and that's a loss for CFB.

Bama

Clemson

Washington

PennST

http://www.shockmansion.com/wp-content/myimages/2013/10/tn_Posted-On-Shock-Mansion-1420.jpg

I mean, seriously, talk about trying too hard. You're not even a good troll.

Can you please explain your logic, thanks.

Well, logic would have to exist first so...

I do agree conference champ needs to carry weight, but I also feel that regardless of conference champs the top 4 slots should be filled by the top 4 teams. When you have Mark May and Finebaum saying Ohio State is a top 4 team it boggles my mind that Homer doesn't see it as well.

I agree. There needs to be 8 spots. However I kinda see the conference championship games as the quarterfinals. So essentially we have a quarterfinal structure in place already.

Ohio st best win is against Oklahoma. A team who had t found themselves until after the OSU game. Michigan is a close second but have you seen there schedule? Michigan best win is PennST and Colorado. Not exactly world beaters but good teams none the less. I won't even address Wisconsin. They are garbage. They opened the season against an LSU team without fournette and without any offense period. THere second best win is against Nebraska who is beyond garbage. Wisconsin and Nebraska were given way to much credit and love.

I'm looking at Alabama's schedule currently. They're in the second best conference this year and their OOC schedule is garbage. Stop trying to proclaim USC is a top 4 team. Your arguement about Wisc/LSU and tOSU/Oklahoma definitely applies to the 'Bama/USC game.

Alabama literally did not play one legit opponent this season. Not. One. That's a fact. I know you'll deny it and tell me Tenn or Chattanooga is somehow one of the best, but the reality is 'Bama's SOS is weak. I'm not even trying to troll or be a homer. Removing myself from NCAAF fandom entirely and looking at the stats, schedules, and listening to the folks who make a living analyzing these things, you're the only one in the nation that disagrees on these topics.

It's all good though. Be a proud fan. I don't blame you. Just don't expect anyone here to buy into your BS. :)

Nama hasn't let a team score a touchdown since October 22. LSU,auburn, miss st and Chattanooga. Only two times has a team been inside Bamas 10 yard line. This will go down as the top Bama football team ever. There D is just nasty

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously? :lolguy:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m91zerfWvj1qdlh1io1_500.gif

YOure out of your oversized retarded gourd if you think OSU is getting left out....Wanna put some cash on it?

Don't. He won't pay if he loses.

You just went balls deep into ballerina's brain

:lol:

You know dancing...I know business

Best. Reply. In. This. Thread.

The. Let's make this the top four.

Bama

OSU

Michigan

Clemson

Put last years CFP fins against each other then a rematch of the game. End it with an epic Bama vs OSU/Michigan.

For the record I would be complete happy with this.

Of course you would because Clemson is weak and you know 'Bama wouldn't make it past both TTUN and tOSU. :lol:

Man, this thread is getting funnier than the LOL Thread.

[/tryingtoohard]

Crazy Michigan stat for the day, someone posted their depth chart on 11warriors and...

"They will lose the ENTIRE DEFENSE , THE ENTIRE SPECIAL TEAMS and 75% of the offense."

We will see just how good of coach Hairball really is next year.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/college-sports/2016/11/77431/ttun-attrition-in-one-image

Rankings today. Top 6 will be:

1. Bama

2. Ohio state

3. Clemson

4. Washington

5. Michigan

6. Penn State

I think Clemson is fraudulent and Michigan is still one of 4 best teams. I would take Michigan over everyone not named Ohio State and Alabama on a neutral field