Dodge Challenger Demon

Mallard

Everything I've heard is it will be very limited in numbers and higher in price. Not sure if it will command more than $90k, but I assume the $70-80k range is an easy assumption.

I think there will be ones that see the track and others that only see Cars and Coffee parking lots.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The Hellcats get over $70k. So I'm sure close to $90k is more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hellcats get over $70k. So I'm sure close to $90k is more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm sure it will be up there, but not sure about starting price. Hellcat's start at $60k, so not sure if Demon alone will command a $30k price bump. According to the latest info on AllPar, the Demon can be ordered with or without a passenger seat or the crate of tools/skinnies, which will add to the price. There is a HP upgrade, gearing change, race gas (E85) tune, line lock, additional charge air cooling, special drag settings through the radio, revised launch control, shift lights in cluster, and supposedly an auto and a manual version. This will be the fastest factory built street legal drag car ever produced.

"the fastest factory built street legal drag car ever"

This thing is cool for sure, but that term is kinda hokey. Like they created a class so that they could call it the fastest.

Not independently the fastest factory built, not the fastest street legal, not the fastest drag car, but all boxed up this way.... Fastest lol.

"the fastest factory built street legal drag car ever"

This thing is cool for sure, but that term is kinda hokey. Like they created a class so that they could call it the fastest.

Not independently the fastest factory built, not the fastest street legal, not the fastest drag car, but all boxed up this way.... Fastest lol.

Those were my words not Dodge's, and I said it like that because I don't know if it will be faster than the Drag Pak cars (including the COPO Camaro and Mustang.) But Drag Paks are not street legal, don't meet emissions, don't have airbags, windshield wipers, etc.

The Demon is the only car to ever come from the factory with drag radials, with a special compound developed for the Demon. It meets emissions, safety, and noise regulations, comes with a warranty, etc. It will be the quickest 1/4 mile factory car, period. Some people think that means low 10's, other rumors put it solidly in the 9's. You won't have to create a special category to call it fast.

I don't care for the look of the hood, but you can't argue with a 30 degree drop in air inlet temperature.

I noticed the passenger and possibly rear seats are in the car, guess that answers whether they'll still be optional or not. Maybe a quick release system?

I don't care for the look of the hood, but you can't argue with a 30 degree drop in air inlet temperature.

I noticed the passenger and possibly rear seats are in the car, guess that answers whether they'll still be optional or not. Maybe a quick release system?

Allpar rumors claim the passenger seat is optional and it has a quick release for removal at the track.

Assuming the 900-1000HP range being reported is accurate it and whatever version of Camaro Chevy puts into the lineup to compete will probably be the cheapest factory cars that touch that number.

Can you build a 900hp hot rod that takes pump gas, has traction control, ABS, AC, and all the various other electronic doo-dads for less? unlikely.

It'll be priced around $100K. Will it be WORTH 100 grand? ....

nope

I will still be surprised if the BASE price is over $100k. This is the company that sells the base Viper for $85k, and 700 HP Hellcat's for $60k. I'm sure if you load up the options it will get up there though.

From the press release:

Sticky Nitto drag race tires have twice as much grip as an SRT Hellcat.

Higher transmission stall speed and 3.09 rear gear multiply the torque 18% each.

You get: 35% higher launch force than the SRT Hellcat. The SRT Demon digs in its claws.

If you freeze frame the video the tire size has been changed from "315" to "815" leading some to believe it will put down 815 hp - I saw the picture somewhere - will post if Infind it again.

I call it at 900-950hp....which could mean 815RWHP ? Would make sense with the number on a tire.

815 isn't enough to rustle jimmies..

True. Personally, I think 815 refers to ft-lbs of torque, considering this video is titled "Multiplication" and the press release is all about torque multiplication. The stock Hellcat puts down 650 ft-lbs.