Wanted: Fun Car

Zx2guy19

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this whole situation has turned into a real cluster fuck. I'll take the roasting. As Steve said, my thinking behind the truck was that I could sell my 1500 and ATS and DD the Ecoboost, then get something like an MR2. Otherwise, I'd have 3 vehicles and since I live downtown with street parking, that wouldn't work. I didn't think that was a really complicated idea, but apparently that hasn't taken well to you all's liking.

I am finding 09's easily for around 25k but they all have close to 100k miles.

Who cares about 100k.

Its a cave man truck motor with a blower and a super beefy trans. Fucker will run forever. Shit people are BUYING them with 200k plus, stuffing 30psi into them and setting records! :lolguy:

As for the change in heart for a truck- seriously DONT do it. Unless you NEED the hauling capabilities of a truck, you will find it lacking in very, very short order. Turbos, tunes or not. Its still a fuckign truck.

Re-read your OP, reassess, and buy something slightly ignorant. #yolo

Who cares about 100k.

Its a cave man truck motor with a blower and a super beefy trans. Fucker will run forever. Shit people are BUYING them with 200k plus, stuffing 30psi into them and setting records! :lolguy:

As for the change in heart for a truck- seriously DONT do it. Unless you NEED the hauling capabilities of a truck, you will find it lacking in very, very short order. Turbos, tunes or not. Its still a fuckign truck.

Re-read your OP, reassess, and buy something slightly ignorant. #yolo

Bingo.

Fuck trucks. Unless you actually need it, driving around a truck daily without actually hauling stuff is for mouth breathers.

As is modding a truck to go faster.

Guess i am a mouth breather

Not everyone is a 5'3" manlet beta that can stuff themselves into an econobox.

Dafuq are you talking about? C5zs C6s, and 996s where at the peak of this discussion. Tall folk have no problems fitting into those cars, and the OP is not a giant, so I am not sure what planet you're on right now, especially bringing up an Mr2 as a solution which would fit a "big" guy that WORST out of what we is, or at least was considering.

Cuck/10

Hey, there's this again. Somebody alert the press. We have some ground breaking news on a brand new insult nobody has ever used here before.

Yeah, this whole situation has turned into a real cluster fuck. I'll take the roasting. As Steve said, my thinking behind the truck was that I could sell my 1500 and ATS and DD the Ecoboost, then get something like an MR2. Otherwise, I'd have 3 vehicles and since I live downtown with street parking, that wouldn't work. I didn't think that was a really complicated idea, but apparently that hasn't taken well to you all's liking.

Ignore the miserable trolls. They'll bash anyone and anything. Congrats on the truck.

Guess i am a mouth breather

Not everyone is a 5'3" manlet beta that can stuff themselves into an econobox.

This 100%. :lol: I miss my truck. So useful. And it was beat.

It was always nice just being like, "well, yeah, I can swing by and pick that up after work because I'm a man and DD a truck and not a Scion." :lolguy:

Now? Not a man because I DD a 4 door car. :lol:

Bingo.

Fuck trucks. Unless you actually need it, driving around a truck daily without actually hauling stuff is for mouth breathers.

As is modding a truck to go faster.

Depends on the truck. I wanted one so I drove to Indianapolis to pick up a cool-looking 2001 Ram. It was nice to have for buying shit on craigslist, but after about 6 months I couldn't take driving it anymore and sold it. It was big, slow, and generally just a hassle to push around the city. Climbing into the Camaro was such a breath of fresh air on nice days. Today's trucks are different though.. they all have plenty of power, options, 8-speeds, and generally ride a lot nicer. Still not the same as hopping in a nice car, but they're not terrible.

Ignore the miserable trolls. They'll bash anyone and anything.

This 100%. :lol: I miss my truck. So useful. And it was beat.

:

Yenner- I love ya, but you see the one thing you didn't mentioned? FUN. I dont know how this got so off topic- trucks are great. That have their place. I own an F 350. Yee haw. But let's remind everyone of the topic of this thread....

A truck is neither fun, nor a car. LOL

Yenner- I love ya, but you see the one thing you didn't mentioned? FUN. I dont know how this got so off topic- trucks are great. That have their place. I own an F 350. Yee haw. But let's remind everyone of the topic of this thread....

A truck is neither fun, nor a car. LOL

1) Wasn't referring to you when I said "miserable trolls" JP. :)

2) You once thought an SOHC, 1.5l, Tercel with a big wing was "fun". :lol: (Me too though, minus the wing.)

3) If you don't know how to have fun in a truck you're doing it wrong.

Just an example:

Get in on the turbo MK2 MR2 game before prices skyrocket as they are already trending upwards.

If I do, I might try to find a 2010 or so. I'm having a tough time swallowing the pill of a $700 a month car payment with the 2013+

Definitely- I've always had a thing for MR2's. I'll see what I can find!

Edit: None of them were turbo'd. Fuck that makes a huge difference in price haha.

This appears to be a good deal if I could get it for 6k:

https://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/6122725471.html

Dafuq are you talking about? C5zs C6s, and 996s where at the peak of this discussion. Tall folk have no problems fitting into those cars, and the OP is not a giant, so I am not sure what planet you're on right now, especially bringing up an Mr2 as a solution which would fit a "big" guy that WORST out of what we is, or at least was considering.

Guess I shoudn't expect much from a dude willingly opening a hot radiator cap.

Depends on the truck. I wanted one so I drove to Indianapolis to pick up a cool-looking 2001 Ram. It was nice to have for buying shit on craigslist, but after about 6 months I couldn't take driving it anymore and sold it. It was big, slow, and generally just a hassle to push around the city. Climbing into the Camaro was such a breath of fresh air on nice days. Today's trucks are different though.. they all have plenty of power, options, 8-speeds, and generally ride a lot nicer. Still not the same as hopping in a nice car, but they're not terrible.

Trucks are awesome if you're actually using them on a daily basis, otherwise they're just a pain in the ass to deal with.

I've owned trucks myself, and sold them when I wasn't using them as designed anymore.

This thread was started as trying to find a "fun car", for a small budget. Then the budget became much larger, now he wants to sell everything and only have a truck?

:lolguy:

Did everyone miss where op said he needed a truck for hauling things for his rentals while y'all were busy losing your minds? Seems to me like he would get a decently comfortable truck that he can daily and something fun to drive in between. Also, we will see this again in less than a year.

Did everyone miss where op said he needed a truck for hauling things for his rentals while y'all were busy losing your minds? Seems to me like he would get a decently comfortable truck that he can daily and something fun to drive in between. Also, we will see this again in less than a year.

Nailed it

Yeah, I think a few of you guys missed where I actually need a truck. Not trying to be a dick, but I've said numerous times I'd love to get down to a combined practical DD. Luxury cargo, truck bed where I need it. That's why I'm not buying a 10k 2006 F-150 to DD. The ecoboost fits both my needs.

Now I would still want to pick up a toy (as Grant mentioned)- something like a 4-5k MR2 or similar. I know it's changed directions a few times, but my overall intent has stayed the same. Truck with something fun. Whether that's a POS truck with a 40k CTSV, or a 30k truck with a 5k MR2. Just trying to find the right combo.

Yeah, I think a few of you guys missed where I actually need a truck. Not trying to be a dick, but I've said numerous times I'd love to get down to a combined practical DD. Luxury cargo, truck bed where I need it. That's why I'm not buying a 10k 2006 F-150 to DD. The ecoboost fits both my needs.

Now I would still want to pick up a toy (as Grant mentioned)- something like a 4-5k MR2 or similar. I know it's changed directions a few times, but my overall intent has stayed the same. Truck with something fun. Whether that's a POS truck with a 40k CTSV, or a 30k truck with a 5k MR2. Just trying to find the right combo.

Wanna buy my 2011 FX4 w/ 6ft bed? 103,000mi. lulz.

Drive a 5.7 8 speed (8 speeds have the twist knob) Ram. I wanted an ecoboost bad but the 5.7 felt like it had more ass to it. Kinda weird breaking tires loose in a full size truck at 30mph