Wanted: Fun Car

Zx2guy19

We have a couple Hellcat Challengers, They are 2016's and as of Saturday we had 3, and was told by a salesman that they were under invoice. But I am in parts, so I recommend asking for Jesse if you call about them.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This appears to be a good deal if I could get it for 6k:

https://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/6122725471.html

I would look for a cleaner car at that price point. If the chassis is genuinely rust free and they have timing belt records $%K-$6K would be reasonable. They are all over the place right now. 200K on the body and "swapped" with a very dirty motor.....

1993+ cars are the most desirable. The '91-'92 turbo cars did not come from the factory with a LSD trans. Gen3 3SGTE turbo is the most popular engine with the Gen4 motors the most popular current swap.

Keep in mind the best place to buy these cars is in the "inner circle". Best to join the Facebook groups and buy via that route if super serious.

I would look for a cleaner car at that price point. If the chassis is genuinely rust free and they have timing belt records $%K-$6K would be reasonable. They are all over the place right now. 200K on the body and "swapped" with a very dirty motor.....

1993+ cars are the most desirable. The '91-'92 turbo cars did not come from the factory with a LSD trans. Gen3 3SGTE turbo is the most popular engine with the Gen4 motors the most popular current swap.

Keep in mind the best place to buy these cars is in the "inner circle". Best to join the Facebook groups and buy via that route if super serious.

Good call! I just got on Mr2.com to check some out and there are cleaner ones for a similar price. Unfortunately, most appear to be 91/92. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can get a clean 93+ for that 5-7k range.

Good call! I just got on Mr2.com to check some out and there are cleaner ones for a similar price. Unfortunately, most appear to be 91/92. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can get a clean 93+ for that 5-7k range.

'93's are hot because they made enough of them. nothing wrong with 91-2 just less neat bits. '93 got a suspension geometry change, bigger brakes, limited slip, 15" wheels and some other minor things.

'94 and '95 are just about unobtanium and when they do surface they are easily $12K+

I think after all the cars you have owned you will need something as powerful as the EVO and S4. It is not going to be as fun and fill the void if you don't. What about the C5 Z06 or even the C6 Z06? They can be had for some good deals right now. You could even go with the C6 Grandsport? 03-04 Mustang Cobra, 996 Turbo, CTS-V, 135i or 335, E46 M3, E9x M3?

Just some options, but I have a feeling it better be quick stock or you will get tired of it quick

As a 1g CTS-V owner, I can tell you it isn't so much of a "fun car", as it's a pretty serious sporting sedan/grand tourer. It's 42xx lbs, and is waaay more focused on an insulated experience in the cabin than driver engagement. It performs, but not as well as something lighter and more mod-friendly of a platform.

Man, I've been really struggling with this lately haha. I have been HEAVILY looking into a 2011+ CTS-V, but these bitches are still 35-40k all day long. Honestly, my sticking point is the MPG. Even though I don't drive in traffic much anymore (which is why I'm open to a manual), I still drive quite a bit for my rentals. I feel like 13/14mpg will get annoying real quick.

I was supposed to look at a black MR2 yesterday (1991 with a Japanese engine and 93+trans/LSD and brakes) for 4k but it was fairly rusty.

I'm still considering modding the ATS. It is a fun car, AWD, good gas mileage, and my payment is only $278 a month.

Man, I've been really struggling with this lately haha. I have been HEAVILY looking into a 2011+ CTS-V, but these bitches are still 35-40k all day long. Honestly, my sticking point is the MPG. Even though I don't drive in traffic much anymore (which is why I'm open to a manual), I still drive quite a bit for my rentals. I feel like 13/14mpg will get annoying real quick.

I was supposed to look at a black MR2 yesterday (1991 with a Japanese engine and 93+trans/LSD and brakes) for 4k but it was fairly rusty.

I'm still considering modding the ATS. It is a fun car, AWD, good gas mileage, and my payment is only $278 a month.

Do yourself a favor and come take a look at my car. It is spotless. Maybe the color will grow on you...

Do yourself a favor and come take a look at my car. It is spotless. Maybe the color will grow on you...

Good luck honestly with this, I have tried for CPU these years to get brad into a fbody but for reasons I understand he has stayed away. I think a boosted fbody or a cobra would make him happy

Yeah, then we go back to the initial thing where I don't want to spend more than 10k unless it's replacing my DD.

Damn that thing is sweet. If I could actually use it as a truck I'd consider it. But with the rentals, that thing would be dragging tires after a few hundred pounds.

Pssh...I've hauled over 1000lbs in the bed of my lowered '82 on I-71 to SWACO.

Old tee-ruk is a cheap, fun vehicle that's actually useful.

The one on drag wheels? Jeff's?

To me LOL

It's rough. There is a basket ball sized hole in the driver floor that someone put a piece of diamond plate over.

Nice- yeah, I passed due to rust. He also pissed me off by offering it for sale for 4k and then when we were talking he told me $4,500.

I paid $3500 without the Drag wheels.

I needed the limited slip trans and wanted the tails.

There is a super awesome turquoise gen 4 swap car in Virginia for $8800 on the MR2 for sale page.

Coming from the guy that has owned or driven just about everything fun in your price range..

If you want to look like an adult and go fast-

Under 10k 335 or 535.

If you dont need 4 doors c5z or c6

Best of all worlds and under 25k- 09 CTS-V. 11+ is 100% not worth the premium.