Planning a wedding reception/party, need recommendation

2 Sweet

As the title states, I would like to find a park or something with a shelter/lodge to have our wedding reception this coming September. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just needs a bathroom and a kitchen basically. Also, alcohol needs to be permitted. Seems like every park I've searched all say booze is forbidden.

Anywhere in the Columbus area is fine, preferably north or west side but that doesn't matter much.

Suggestions, please!

A lot of people (on the private side) rent out barns and such venues too might want to look into that.

...just needs a bathroom and a kitchen basically.

Venues work. Barns around us don't have bathrooms (in the traditional sense anyway) nor kitchens.

Most of those I've encountered are dry as well.

There are some public parks that allow booze under certain restrictions. I catered a wedding a few weeks ago where we were able to serve beer and wine in a public park, we've done it several times.

Probably the nicest park we've ever done is North Bank downtown. Availability is somewhat limited but if you're shooting for September it may be doable, they allow alcohol on premise and have a full kitchen.

My coworker is having his reception at the Park of Roses and I'm positive he will have alcohol.

The company i work for has a license to serve alcohol but not to purchase. I believe this is how we are able to serve at public parks but i could be wrong I'm not 100%

If you need any help I can ask our wedding coordinator who she would suggest for a reception of 100 people.

The park in Grandview Heights at Grandview/Goodale allows booze with a permit. I think it's around $300-400. It's nice shelter with a kitchen, built within the last few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://local.yahoo.com/info-169643045-amelita-mirolo-barn-upper-arlington?stx=wedding%20venue&csz=Upper%20Arlington,%20OH&fr=lsrp

allows booze with a permit and was nice.

Just went to a wedding at the Clintonville Women's Club and it was pretty nice. Gazebo outside for the ceremony, open bar at the reception inside.

https://local.yahoo.com/info-143392876-clintonville-womans-club-columbus?stx=wedding%20venue&csz=Upper%20Arlington,%20OH&fr=lsrp

100 people tops

I went to a wedding at the Amelita Mirolo Barn in UA. Really nice building and the couple got some great outdoor shots as well.

If you think you need something larger, check out the Everal Barn in Westerville. Very cool building.

Brown School Barn in Marysville was pretty nice-- its a little off the beaten path, but i enjoyed shooting there greatly last weekend.

All Franklin County Parks are no booze.

However... I think you can get permits for certain places (I think Goodale Park you can get a permit for it)

When you're looking at venues, tell them you're putting together a family reunion or company outing or something.

As soon as the word "wedding" drops, everything gets exponentially more expensive.

Yes! Very good point. I like the way you think.

Hell, all we really want is a building we can reserve for an evening to meet up and hang out. Definitely nothing formal or fancy. More like a backyard picnic/bbq than your typical reception honestly. We'll bring our own booze, and probably have City BBQ or something like that cater.

When you're looking at venues, tell them you're putting together a family reunion or company outing or something.

As soon as the word "wedding" drops, everything gets exponentially more expensive.

This is a valid point, however, some places will fine you if you try to get around the reception rule, so be wary of any contract you sign.

I think the bringing of booze is going to be your only real problem. I would definitly look into what Lauren (brian) is offering.