Best tow rig for 5k?

Jewtoys

^LOL, nice! Years ago I had a Focus ZX3 and towed my waverunner all over the place, was great.

How do you like the Spark?

They're awesome for jumping wakes.

On any flat water they're very boring.

I've towed with some silly stuff:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/412390043.jpg

I couldn't imagine towing 5,000 lbs with an allroad :masturboy:

I took this photo when I was traveling through South Africa last year. We stayed overnight at this hotel in this tiny ass farming town and spotted this. I wanted to take a better photo in the morning but they were gone. There's a bunch more shit behind the tractor too which the photo doesn't really show very well. :lol: It's not even an allroad, probably diesel though cause that's what 90% of people have there.

pYdZpQPBOsnS8rLtQeph6kPw0Wjp_tSD2vuuJb01E_-33LfHgzUI40WwNizQq5Q5XuprtJ1N5KfjaEvtFAWLuwr130iOXLVdGcnBFyGpNuRzqmCld_p7jvxNAQMwNPllifpWMn42WIphg3Mf0vSH8P_nzZ8P6bvmHjtQhPyE8a9S_xRI0YE3DYKtNkGJfawFeRUKORUZjiJBWeov03_-cO_jtmLFfiQEHUjHKUSaGZprj63Pwn2Nop089KUhUIHu4zu6xgnjPijAiD1NWz-z3YP7zkxtZ4aqPsSSIWN9Uecaent5ybwca1cdZTWI6VH1FG9MnLuAglUkT7mhdA-K32FszBcUaYhSZuPSyKW3uSjuIp8CealvQwN12aeNjKIZuKQrY4bhkwkpjHYGiI5cZCebycVIe_3PtlTIosxIkDxf6AjcZO50o_Jq_Jc8nBD2inj5Z933lOfCbpiPtnU1Sjg6OHrkLGVutRzAwv0ItbBpEXravqRKg9WgnOGZPQUdz59a_gizdQfbKCVtqRGuvaW7ecYO5qHxOjx-839uk9W_xat2EIvyNSAPu3Ih0UXukYCE1nYocmaPsBkt0B7efHe1ftjjgC_atAFvIxLuwNaor5geD7da=w864-h648-no

Also this:

http://www.oceanlakemarine.com/img/pagePics/Trailer_SC30_AUDI_2006.jpg

I have two tow trucks, one I picked up inside your budget. 1995 Ford F250 7.3 diesel. 205k, receipt for a rebuilt trans, solid floors, solid frame, but rusty front fenders. $3000. It was in someones yard in Millersport. Anecdotal I once bought a car for $xxxxx stories, are usually useless, but you do see the OBS Fords around for reasonable money. If you're not towing far and since gas is $2, you could probably find a really clean gasoline Old Body Style Ford F150/250/350, they're cheap as hell to buy parts for and easy to work on.

Truth be told if you're not insistent on a diesel there are a million half ton gas trucks around for your price point that will tow 5000lbs with ease.

Other truck is an '06 F250 6.0L, which contrary to most peoples experiences with the 6.0, I have really loved, but you won't find one under $5,000 that fires on all 8 cylinders and doesn't burn more coolant than diesel.

This would be a horrible decision, but I want it.......

Any way to put some Alcoa's on it? :cool: I'm definitely a fan of that tee-ruk. :thumbup: Why would it be horrible?

To Paul-Michael's point above, I've got some rust showing on my 1982 F100 but they are just such a simple and cheap truck to own and drive that I'll get around at some point to repairing the holes....or not. :lol:

Love the dually. That was just before the Cummins diesel generation, but same chassis and body style so the swap would be straightforward if so inclined.

I know of a similar vintage crew cab Chevrolet dually also that I would love to own and Cummins swap. It's even got a similar paintjob. Apparently was the cats ass back in the 80s if you needed to cover 25 feet of something.

Any way to put some Alcoa's on it? :cool: I'm definitely a fan of that tee-ruk. :thumbup: Why would it be horrible?

To Paul-Michael's point above, I've got some rust showing on my 1982 F100 but they are just such a simple and cheap truck to own and drive that I'll get around at some point to repairing the holes....or not. :lol:

3 speed auto, and a big V8 with a carb.

Would be making a ton of stops for fuel.

It has a fair amount of rust, around the rear window.

No way the mileage is correct.

Other truck is an '06 F250 6.0L, which contrary to most peoples experiences with the 6.0, I have really loved, but you won't find one under $5,000 that fires on all 8 cylinders and doesn't burn more coolant than diesel.

And then you spend $5,000 - $15,000 fixing it. Ask me how I know ;)