Ford GT - Jay Leno's Garage, Car #012.

SpaceGhost

So I have to say, the LED F1 style progressive shift lights in the top of the steering wheel is just a really simple, thoughtful detail. It's one of those things that probably wasn't hard to do and isn't really high tech, but is just really neat.

I'm in love with it too. I can't afford the car so I bought some Ford stock when they announced it. I do wish they had a better livery on the race cars, not inspiring at all.

Other than the Taurus engine it rocks.

I don't see what the problem is. It makes plenty of power and seems to be pretty reliable.

It's a Taurus engine like the first Acura NSX used an Accord V6, or the Corvette uses a Tahoe V8, etc...

I'm impressed that Infiniti, Lincoln are squeezing 400hp out of 3L daily-driver sedans.

Mr. Regular did a funny bit about "engines are not magical" in his recent Stagea review.

I really enjoy Jay's videos. Yeah, he's can get a bit monotone at times, but you can just feel his passion and love for all things automotive coming through the screen.

Love the car. Got to see it in Cleveland last year. Stared at it for a good 15 minutes. I hope someone in Columbus is able to get one so we can all get to see one on the streets.

Man that spaceship loot crate thing to option out your car is fucking awesome.

here is the whole kit laid out:

F-GT.jpg

by the way, the stripes are a decal so if you want a car stripe delete you just peel it off or don't put it on when you place the order.

you can see the separate stripes here:

http://newsfeatures.autotrader.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Studio-Session-Ford-GT-160.jpg

for us poors that can't afford a slightly less than half a mil supercar we can play with the online config:

https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/

I wonder how long before we see one of these owner's box's up on ebay?

that's what wraps are for. I am just bummed that the black cars don't come with a gold stripe and gold wheels option. The '66 heritage edition comes kinda close with the gold wheels and silver stripe and #2 meatball of the Ken Miles/Denny Hulme 1966 lemans winning MKII GT40, but it doesn't look right for some reason.

I saw those same photos of a white car and they turned up the contrast in PS which takes the detail out of the car. I think it would look great in person in white with orange and red stripes. I think the white is actually a matte white which is also hard to photograph.

Didn't Dodge do something with the latest Viper where you could literally pick whatever color you want, and nobody else could pick that color after? I thought that was cool. Anyway, if you pick any color but black on black with this thing, you may be a gay homosexual. Silver stripes could work too I suppose.

Didn't Dodge do something with the latest Viper where you could literally pick whatever color you want, and nobody else could pick that color after? I thought that was cool.

the viper 1 of 1 program. you could order a viper any way you wanted and it would be the only one that way. There was no guarantee of paint color exclusivity, just that there would be no two cars spec'd the same through the program. When you picked your colors they sent you a painted form sample for you to approve. When you approved they would then send you a custom painted finished "speed form" to display on your mantle. you also got 2 "1 of 1" badges - one on the car and one blank to do god knows what with.

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/viper/1of1/

Ti is a terrible material to make wheels out of, it isn't lighter than aluminum in many cases, just more corrosion resistant and slightly stronger (at the cost of being less malleable).

Ti lug nuts on the other hand are cheaper than I expected them to be:

http://www.tikore.com/

Didn't Dodge do something with the latest Viper where you could literally pick whatever color you want, and nobody else could pick that color after? I thought that was cool. Anyway, if you pick any color but black on black with this thing, you may be a gay homosexual. Silver stripes could work too I suppose.

Ya there was the 1 of 1 program and it was awesome. There's a thread on the VOA forums with several hundred posts of guys sharing their delivery and color. Some had really good picks and others, well, "pointy elbows".

The previous generation of the Ford GT will forever be a dream car of mine. The values are going astronomically high and I'll never afford one.

ps shame on Leno that scheme looks like two orange dicks slapping a bigger black dick