Another Rider down

buxnut

Thoughts and prayer go out to his family.

News story

Motorist discovers fatal motorcycle wreck

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:59 AM

By Randy Ludlow

The Columbus Dispatch

The body of a motorcyclist who apparently died from an overnight crash was found along Rt. 310 in Pataskala this morning. Police have identified the crash victim as Ryan Isenbarg, 32, of 163 Fairway Dr. in Pataskala, Chief Chris Forshey said. He said it appears the single-vehicle crash happened sometime last night or early this morning.

Investigators said Isenbarg was headed south on Rt. 310 when his motorcycle apparently left the road, became airborne and crashed into a water-filled ditch.

A passing motorist called police about 7:30 a.m. to report he had seen a motorcycle in a ditch along Rt. 310 north of Refugee Road, said Lt. Steven Garavuso.

Police then discovered Isenbarg's body near the motorcycle.

Isenbarg lived about a mile and a half from the crash site, and likely was headed home when the crash occurred, Forshey said. He said a relative spoke with Isenbarg at 11:15 p.m.

An autopsy was scheduled at the Licking County coroner's office.

Our community is off to an inauspicious start to the riding season. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Condolences to all the families that lost a rider this year.

This is only my second year riding, and I don't seem to remember hearing about all of these accidents last year. Are there more than usual or is just that I am more involved in the motorcycle community and I'm hearing about them more?

Anyway that it is, everyone needs to ride safe, be vigilante, and keep an eye on your fellow motorcyclists, even if you don't know them. I know that everyone doesn't want to hear about another rider down.

Ya know, I saw a crusier on 315 lastnight in the rain and was thinking, I really hope everyone rides smart, in control, and safe tonight. I wonder if there was any deer involved causing the swerve. That area is def. densely populated with them.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. This has been a tuff early season, everyone ride safe!

I not sure what could have caused him to become "airborne" in that section of 310 though. You kind of have to wonder whether or not he died immediately or had to suffer watching any chance of rescue continually drive by his location. That's really sad.

Ya know, I saw a crusier on 315 lastnight in the rain and was thinking, I really hope everyone rides smart, in control, and safe tonight. I wonder if there was any deer involved causing the swerve. That area is def. densely populated with them.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. This has been a tuff early season, everyone ride safe!

One of my co-workers had a deer run into the side of his car this morning. The deer are moving around this time of year. Be careful, especially at dawn and dusk.

edit: hell, it was a herd of them running full blast, not much fun...

RIP rider

Edited by ReconRat

RIP rider, and prayers go out to the family.

I read on newarkadvocate.com that he was not wearing a helmet. I just wonder how much of a difference it would've made, if any.

I was also wondering how a bike would become airborne there, i was wondering if it could be a high-side, possibly from a panic stop?

• 4 years later...