Best Movies in 2017

BStowers023

What were some of the best movies you guys saw from 2017?

Dunkirk

The Disaster Artist

Get Out

Blade Runner 2049

Baby Driver

One I didn't get to see that I think could definitely make the cut is The Darkest Hour.

Some of the disappointing movies I saw this year IMO...

Star Wars

IT

War for the planet of the apes

After the excitement died down and I stopped trying to convince myself it was good... I have to hang my head in shame and admit that Star Wars was poop =(

No spoilers... but... I was disappointed :(

In all honesty though, Beauty and the Beast was actually not poop... no one mentioned that yet, and I thought I would throw it out there. I felt that it was a good "live" shot for shot remake of the animated version.

What were some of the best movies you guys saw from 2017?

Dunkirk

The Disaster Artist

Get Out

Blade Runner 2049

Baby Driver

One I didn't get to see that I think could definitely make the cut is The Darkest Hour.

Some of the disappointing movies I saw this year IMO...

Star Wars

IT

War for the planet of the apes

you and I are polar opposites when it comes to movies obviously because I think the exact opposite for everything you posted.

you and I are polar opposites when it comes to movies obviously because I think the exact opposite for everything you posted.

You thought Star Wars and Planet of the apes were good? And Dunkirk and Disaster Artost were bad? If you don't mind me asking, what are some of your all-time favorite movies?

I enjoyed star wars, but I'm far from a purist so I'm pretty open minded about what it was going to be. My only standard was if I was entertained or not.

Dunkirk was good but way more... "artistic" than I thought it would be. Alien:covenant was good. All in all, nothing was amazing really but some pretty good ones.

Unfortunately I never saw Get Out or Baby Driver, and Disaster Artist looks terrible.

You thought Star Wars and Planet of the apes were good? And Dunkirk and Disaster Artost were bad? If you don't mind me asking, what are some of your all-time favorite movies?

I loved Star Wars... Planet of the Apes I always find entertaining although this one wasn't my favorite but I wouldn't say it was the worst movie of the year either.

I absolutely LOVED Dunkirk. Movies about old wars or midevil times are always among my favorites...

I've never heard of disaster artist.

As far as all time favorite movie Shawshank Redemption... I could watch that movie every day and still love it.

I was impressed with Star Wars. Dude, it's two and a half hours and doesn't drag. I will say seeing it at Grandview Theater with a couple of IPA's in my belly helped. :)

I really want to contribute to this thread but it's been a busy year...I honestly cannot remember what tickled my fancy! I was SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED with Star Trek: Beyond... love this newer Star Trek series with Chris Pine but this one was terrible.

Thanks for some of the recommendations in this thread as well. I have access to Wind River and Baby Driver and have been meaning to watch them.

Watched one over the weekend that was a different kind of horror/drama movie. 'It Comes At Night'. Pretty much the entire time I was like, wtf is going on?

Watched Logan Lucky this weekend as well. With the way it ended, I'm wondering if there will be a 2nd one.

I loved Star Wars... Planet of the Apes I always find entertaining although this one wasn't my favorite but I wouldn't say it was the worst movie of the year either.

I absolutely LOVED Dunkirk. Movies about old wars or midevil times are always among my favorites...

I've never heard of disaster artist.

As far as all time favorite movie Shawshank Redemption... I could watch that movie every day and still love it.

Okay, we're not as far off as you original said.

Bored with Dunkirk?

Those were my thoughts. I think he's thinking of a different movie.

Those of you that have seen Disaster Artist, have you also seen the movie its about? The Room? I have heard it has a cult following due to how bad it is.

My Favs for 2017 include the following:

Logan Lucky

Guardians of the Galaxy

Thor

Wind river

Dunkirk

I have heard great things about, but have not seen:

3 billboards

Lady Bird

Those of you that have seen Disaster Artist, have you also seen the movie its about? The Room? I have heard it has a cult following due to how bad it is.

I've seen probably about 50% of The Room, and the more "iconic" scenes I've seen multiple times. You don't have to see The Room, but it helps to get a good understanding of it and watch a "best of" on YouTube.

But yeah, it has a cult following not much unlike Rocky Horror. There are midnight showings where people dress up like the characters, bring plastic spoons to throw at the screen every time there's a spoon on screen...shit like that.