New car recommendations

PRD2BDF

Too much road noise?

Actually, yes. Plus you sit on the car rather IN the car. I didn't like that. When the seat is adjusted for me, I couldn't sit behind myself in the back. In my Saab, I could CROSS my legs sitting behind myself.

So now I'm just clueless, I do want the next car to be practical. I often hauled 8-10 feet long lumber in the Saab and the trunk still closed. I've hauled 10 bags of mulch in the trunk and it still closed.

I suppose the next thing is to see what visually interests me because if I don't like the looks, I'm not interested.

EDIT: I'm kinda interested in the Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, a dealer has a new one for 26k and it does look pretty cool. The Subaru Outback does look sharp but I don't know if it'll be absolutely anemic.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, yes. Plus you sit on the car rather IN the car. I didn't like that. When the seat is adjusted for me, I couldn't sit behind myself in the back. In my Saab, I could CROSS my legs sitting behind myself.

So now I'm just clueless, I do want the next car to be practical. I often hauled 8-10 feet long lumber in the Saab and the trunk still closed. I've hauled 10 bags of mulch in the trunk and it still closed.

I suppose the next thing is to see what visually interests me because if I don't like the looks, I'm not interested.

EDIT: I'm kinda interested in the Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, a dealer has a new one for 26k and it does look pretty cool. The Subaru Outback does look sharp but I don't know if it'll be absolutely anemic.

Honestly it sounds like you need to just bite the bullet and swing through carmax and spend an afternoon test driving options...

Problem with those cars since you drive 600-miles+ a WEEK is the fuel tank size (14.5gal). You will be filling it up with fuel every couple days. Any cheap daily driver that's going to be worth a darn for what you want is going to be border line/cheap/boring.

Seriously, go drive a Passat. You can get brand new ones or even a slightly used one for very cheap and they come with 99% of the stuff you want at a decent price. 600-700+ miles on a tank of fuel (18.5gal). My drive is longer than I like and I can tell you $40 a week vs $80+ a week adds up. If you are looking at any of those SUV's, that number goes to $60-120+ in just fuel per week.

Pay cash for the car, and save on the fuel. Don't end up one of those people paying as much (or more) in fuel than your car payment every month... :fuuuu: