Home Improvement Thread II (2018)

Zx2guy19

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea they are putting in work today. Are they gutting the kitchen cabinets?

no idea. They haven't gotten to the laundry room/computer room in the basement.

GOD I hope they rip down the entire kitchen. That's the ONLY part of the house that hasn't been upgraded/touched yet lol

Why ditching the concrete? Looks? Performance Issues?

I every-now-and-then get clients asking about them. We usually deter them just because they are overly expensive compared to quarts or granite we usually use standard.

Mostly because the wife wants something different [emoji12]. The sealer/wax/etc.. is a pia and just not that durable. The sink was also formed concrete, and badly beat up.

It'll be great for a patio kitchen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

With that much mold now, I can almost guarantee the drywall/insulation/HVAC is going to be ripped out and replaced.

How is the circuit breaker? If it’s not up to code, the electrician will have to replace/upgrade everything to bring it current. (No pun intended)

With that much mold now, I can almost guarantee the drywall/insulation/HVAC is going to be ripped out and replaced.

How is the circuit breaker? If it’s not up to code, the electrician will have to replace/upgrade everything to bring it current. (No pun intended)

Yeah they already started tearing down the drywall upstairs.

the breaker box was upgraded when we moved in but the electrical guy said it will be all ripped out and re-wired.

^ this.

Dito

And after seeing the damage pics I would not want them to “fix” it

I would be pushing very hard on my Insurnace company to start fresh after that smoke and water and electrical damage it’s going to be like trying to repair a burned down then flooded car without taking it back down to a bare frame

I also agree. I believe theyr'e just going to tear it down to the studs and go from there to see if it should be leveled or keep the studs and such and put new drywall up. I should know here by Wednesday or so.

I'd rather just have the first floor of the house leveled and start over and possibly make some floor plan changes but I'm not at that point yet.

I also agree. I believe theyr'e just going to tear it down to the studs and go from there to see if it should be leveled or keep the studs and such and put new drywall up. I should know here by Wednesday or so.

I'd rather just have the first floor of the house leveled and start over and possibly make some floor plan changes but I'm not at that point yet.

If they level it you have all the options the budget allows for changes

Would hate to see a post down the road about a bunch of issues that slowly show themselves

• 2 weeks later...

Top floor is pretty much gutted down to the studs. Guess they're going to work on the basement tomorrow. Studs don't look too bad though. I mean, the closets and such in the bedrooms were completely dry for the most part. They are going to put all new wiring (already installed a new electrical box). New plumbing, etc. will be done.

This was the kitchen.

48360842057_a96924d259_z.jpg

Pantry

48360841962_ed166f4782_z.jpg

48352060332_eb30486a04_z.jpg

Master bedroom looking into the shitter, into the kitchen.

48360893102_5353ee5083_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Dem smellzzzz

source.gif

Yeah after smelling house fires for a couple years, I can hardly enjoy bon fires, or driving through the country. Sometimes even food trucks bring it back.

They were not even my house, but its a smell I cannot shake. I couldnt imagine visiting my house during the process and having to smell that burnt-stuff smell.

Then again, most might not be a scent pansy like me.

• 1 month later...

So the wife wanted a new kitchen, i said the kitches fine, so we compromised and we got a new kitchen.

New granite counter tops

Added cabinets atop the current ones and atop the fridge

Refaced them all, re did the drawers to be slide outs vs doors and all have that anti slam stuff to stop my kid from slamming them woo!

New sink

Matched the first floor bathroom as well. With a new shitter and there selling point is u can flush 2 buckets of golf balls lol...my kinda toilet.

Before

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1036&pictureid=9467

After

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1036&pictureid=9463

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1036&pictureid=9464

Also did the bathroom. Ps im not taking a shit.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1036&pictureid=9466

• 3 weeks later...
Looking for some info on LVP. Who has put it in? like it? where did you get it?

We have Mohawk Driftwood Collective 33539 Boathouse Brown 7.5" wide plank (can you tell im just reading off the selection sheet)

Seems really nice. Super durable. Dog hasnt messed it up one bit. Spills havent had an effect on it either.

Since it "came with the house" all I know is Rite Rug was the supplier and used one of their install teams.

ibT8Gshl.jpg

Woqh7rkl.jpg

• 1 month later...

Something I have been working on for awhile...

Started with a leak in the ceiling, escaladed very quickly... Ended up ripping the entire ceiling out, running all new pex line to everything upstairs. LED can lights in the ceiling, new drywall, all new cabinets. Moved the fridge into the pantry, moved the pantry to the coat closet. Slid the stove and microwave down, put in an island and got rid of the peninsula counter top. Pulled up the old linoleum floor and installed wood plank tile. Installed a Giant apron front farm sink. Still a lot of work to do but here is a little update.

kit3.jpg