Home Improvement Thread II (2018)

Zx2guy19

Keep on working boys, it'll pay off!! After spending the last 5 years remodeling our house ourselves, we found one we wanted to buy. Listed our house yesterday and got a full price offer in less than 24hrs. Almost TWICE what we paid for it.

It was daunting at times, as I tend to take on a lot at once, but just keep on plugging along and someone will appreciate it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to update for a few weeks but got the floor down through most of the place, had to make a threshold for the bathroom, and had furniture and appliance delivered. Doing the flooring in the bedroom this weekend. Still have to fix the counters, cut a sink out, have the plumbing moved, prep and paint, trim....

107b6d67b929c86e4938234a3d9e4150.jpg5dd8eba3614608adc9ca84413a1d5530.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Probably the best place to ask this. Does anyone have a recommendation for fridge repair, or does anyone on here to it? The freezer on my garage fridge seems to not be working and I'd like to see if it's beneficial to get it fixed or not.

Probably the best place to ask this. Does anyone have a recommendation for fridge repair, or does anyone on here to it? The freezer on my garage fridge seems to not be working and I'd like to see if it's beneficial to get it fixed or not.

So, I literally just got an invoice from my prop mgr on one of my rental houses where they had a fridge/freezer in the garage:

When it's really cold outside, the freezer thermostat can act up causing the compressor to stop. $75 service call later and the tenant learned that nothing is actually wrong with the fridge.

It was their fridge in the garage (house fridge is my responsibility). Yeah...they're eating that fee.

So, I literally just got an invoice from my prop mgr on one of my rental houses where they had a fridge/freezer in the garage:

When it's really cold outside, the freezer thermostat can act up causing the compressor to stop. $75 service call later and the tenant learned that nothing is actually wrong with the fridge.

It was their fridge in the garage (house fridge is my responsibility). Yeah...they're eating that fee.

Interesting. The reason I want to get it checked as I don't remember this being an issue last winter, as well as it's been enough time that it hasn't worked it seems that I now have a fully defrosted 15 lb. turkey.

Interesting. The reason I want to get it checked as I don't remember this being an issue last winter, as well as it's been enough time that it hasn't worked it seems that I now have a fully defrosted 15 lb. turkey.

They sell heater kits for like $25 depending on the brand. Specifically designed for garage fridges in colder climates

I really like those barn doors. Have you ever built any before or just figured it out?

I've never build a set identical to these but I've done a few different styles for some people. These were just quick/dirty but came out decent. The frame is 2x4 lumber and I cut a 3/4 x 3/4 pocket in the back side to inset the 1x4 so that the cross braces would be flush with the top. The rail kit is just an $80 kit off amazon.

• 1 month later...

Removing a 35+ year old deck from the previous owner. Most of it was rotted out anyways. Roof was a super pain in the ass. Dude had (from bottom layer) plywood, 3 layers of shingles about 1/2" thick and a metal roof over top of that.

Thanks for 10phone2 and my nieces boyfriend to come over for the removal.

And thanks to Derek for catering the food from Smokeout.

Hell the posts weren't even concreted in. I also have a gas line and a power line ran under ground to the garage that AEP, Col Gas and Gahanna have no idea about. ugh.

Going to have Sam come out and pour a nice big ol' slab and put a roof on later.

47564955942_d7e3575b70_c.jpg

33740516098_48e018bdc3_c.jpg

47564959472_7538ede8ca_c.jpg

33740519748_13e6465a77_c.jpg

46702378655_75e4a1f84e_c.jpg

32675222507_149dc615f8_c.jpg