Best mp3 file management that's NOT iTunes

TTQ B4U

So I'm cleaning up up and upgrading my home PC and have removed iTunes given I haven't used an iPhone for 8 years.

I was using it with iSyncr to move music back and forth and manage play lists. Now that I've removed it, what do you all use/recommend as a solid alternative to manage a huge library of music?

I do most of it manually...otherwise...

Headphones (run in a virtualmachine, I don't use very often) for downloading and some organization

musicbrainz picard - good organization tool that automatically pulls data. WILL HAVE ERRORS. need to manually go over about everything if you're picky like me

What are MP3s?

Things people who like making their own choices use to listen to the music they want without ads.

I do most of it manually...otherwise...

Headphones (run in a virtualmachine, I don't use very often) for downloading and some organization

musicbrainz picard - good organization tool that automatically pulls data. WILL HAVE ERRORS. need to manually go over about everything if you're picky like me

Things people who like making their own choices use to listen to the music they want without ads.

I choose the music I want to listen to, without ads, even new releases, and have 0 MP3s. You think Pandora and regular radio are the only options?

How large is a "huge" library of music?

I use Google Play music for all my songs/playlists/and radio stations.

Google Play Music for FREE lets you store up to 50,000 songs in the cloud and play them back on any PC, iPhone, Android device... or anything else with a google account on it. I personally pay $9.99 a month for Youtube Red witch includes a premium subscription to Google Play Music which gives you unlimited songs for free and every now and then they throw in some free albums that you can keep. Honestly, IMO... Google Music is the best value around if you want convince.

How large is a "huge" library of music?

Google Play Music for FREE lets you store up to 50,000 songs in the cloud and play them back on any PC, iPhone, Android device... or anything else with a google account on it. I personally pay $9.99 a month for Youtube Red witch includes a premium subscription to Google Play Music which gives you unlimited songs for free and every now and then they throw in some free albums that you can keep. Honestly, IMO... Google Music is the best value around if you want convince.

I have about 20k songs in the library. We have both the higher quality Pandora subscription and Amazon unlimited. Streaming, etc. is fine for home and the kids and wife like it, but I like to keep them on my device as I travel and don't always have access to streaming ability. I also think the quality sounds better.

I have about 20k songs in the library. We have both the higher quality Pandora subscription and Amazon unlimited. Streaming, etc. is fine for home and the kids and wife like it, but I like to keep them on my device as I travel and don't always have access to streaming ability. I also think the quality sounds better.

Well, Music Quality is a tough subject... some can hear the difference, others can't. Now, when you say your "device" I assume you are talking about a laptop or something like that. I have not used a desktop program to organize my music for over 7 years so I think I would be unable to help you.

Back in the day I used to use a program called "WinAMP" to organize my music... I have no idea if they are still around.

Sorry :(

Well, Music Quality is a tough subject... some can hear the difference, others can't. Now, when you say your "device" I assume you are talking about a laptop or something like that. I have not used a desktop program to organize my music for over 7 years so I think I would be unable to help you.

Back in the day I used to use a program called "WinAMP" to organize my music... I have no idea if they are still around.

Mainly stream from my phone through Android Auto or Bluetooth. Sounds good to me but there will always be audio guys too I suppose.

I'll do some research this week.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

No idea if the current version of Winamp is anything like the old one, but the old one was the perfect mp3 program.

No idea if the current version of Winamp is anything like the old one, but the old one was the perfect mp3 program.

I actually got the itch to look them up... Looks like AOL sold the rights to WinAMP and a new company is making a Windows 10 version of it. God I loved WinAMP... It had a plugin for my 2009 Alienware that made the keyboard lights strobe to the music I was listening to. A gimmick for sure, but High School me was very amused. haha

I actually got the itch to look them up... Looks like AOL sold the rights to WinAMP and a new company is making a Windows 10 version of it. God I loved WinAMP... It had a plugin for my 2009 Alienware that made the keyboard lights strobe to the music I was listening to. A gimmick for sure, but High School me was very amused. haha

Winamp + milkdrop = high school

This.

Google just gave out a 3 months free Play Music/YouTube Red subscription. The free version works fine for me, but it is nice to be able to listen to whatever I want and watch YouTube without ads.

Take a look at MediaMonkey: http://www.mediamonkey.com/

I second Media Monkey. I've used it for years to Manage my 4K+ library of music. it has a simple interface and tools that allow you to easily edit mp3 attributes, tags, and add album art to files. When i went trough my collection it was a lifesaver.

Now, since I've gotten Google Play Music i uploaded my library to that service, and just use it to play my music. My i get both music from their service and my own library.

This.

Google just gave out a 3 months free Play Music/YouTube Red subscription. The free version works fine for me, but it is nice to be able to listen to whatever I want and watch YouTube without ads.

The value you get with Google play music is really great. I get annoyed if i use someone else YouTube account and see a commercial. Never having to say "Skip Ad" especially during long videos is nice. As well as playing videos in the background.