College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

Gene told Urban about the 2015 incident. His boss told him, and then didn't do anything. I fail to see how this is Urban's fault. Gene Smith should be fired if anything.

Urban is a manager. The policy is clear that he is required to report it to HR. OSU is saying "well he misunderstood the policy which is why he didn't"

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go bucks. Move on, no more domestic violence talk in here. Bottom line, her parents knew what was going on and told her to stay. If one of my four daughters is being abused by her spouse I sure as fuck am not depending on her spouse’s boss to report the abuse to his boss. The fuck is wrong with people? It’s not his job to butt in on a domestic situation between adults.

Time for some football to start bitches. Fuck Michigan

Urban is a manager. The policy is clear that he is required to report it to HR. OSU is saying "well he misunderstood the policy which is why he didn't"

Direct quote from the OSU investigative findings: “neither Coach Meyer nor Athletic Director Smith violated any policy, rules, law or contractual obligation in connection with the alleged domestic abuse claims against Zach Smith.”

So yeah, Urban's a manager and Gene is his manager and they did nothing wrong, except they did? It screams "PC/hey look we did something" bullshit because Drake wanted to save face for the 2018 societal nanny state. And it's evident from Urban's remarks that it was Drake, not the board.

Direct quote from the OSU investigative findings: “neither Coach Meyer nor Athletic Director Smith violated any policy, rules, law or contractual obligation in connection with the alleged domestic abuse claims against Zach Smith.”

So yeah, Urban's a manager and Gene is his manager and they did nothing wrong, except they did? It screams "PC/hey look we did something" bullshit because Drake wanted to save face for the 2018 societal nanny state. And it's evident from Urban's remarks that it was Drake, not the board.

I didn't read the findings, but this is a hot take I can understand.

Regardless, Kirk said it best: Go Bucks, move on.

In assessing their reporting obligations, both Coach

Meyer and AD Smith placed heavy reliance on the absence of formal law

enforcement or court action. Neither made any report of the matter to

Athletic Compliance or University Compliance for consideration of whether

an internal investigation should be conducted. Under the broad language of

their contracts, reporting obligations can be triggered in the absence of

formal, external action. Reporting requirements are intended to be both

broad and redundant – in the case of Coach Meyer, they require reporting (in

writing) to two places (to the AD and to Athletic Compliance) and the

obligation to report is placed on each individual, an obligation not relieved

by the knowledge or reporting by another individual. While we find that

both Coach Meyer and AD Smith believed in good faith that they did not

have sufficient information to trigger any reporting obligation, we believe

that they viewed the issue too narrowly through the lens of law enforcement

action. Both should have made some report of Zach Smith’s potential

violation of the domestic violence laws, which was the subject of the law

enforcement investigation they came to know about in late October 2015.

Such reports would have been made to the Athletic Compliance Office and,

for AD Smith, the Office of University Compliance and Integrity

Read the entire report. There are much worse things in there. Potential NCAA Violations not being reported. Urban sending Zach Smith to rehab, him not completing rehab, and Urban never telling Gene or anyone else about it. Urban freaking out and asking Brian Voltini how to delete all the older texts on his phone right after the 2nd McMurphy report coming out....

Also - not sure if I’d want some fucking mouth breather from the lantern to go through my text messages either.

Then don't use an OSU issued phone that is subject to public records laws.

Then don't use an OSU issued phone that is subject to public records laws.

Totally agree -

Is it illegal to delete messages on a public/government owned device?

Also, unless he hired Hilary’s acid wash guys, I think the messages can be retrieved. Right?

Totally agree -

Is it illegal to delete messages on a public/government owned device?

Also, unless he hired Hilary’s acid wash guys, I think the messages can be retrieved. Right?

Looks like it's nothing more than just a bad look

Per OSU Record Retention policies

General Files

Consists of correspondence, email, projects and subject files not

required to be maintained elsewhere on the schedule or within a unit

specific schedule.

1 year

Destroy

Bottom line, her parents knew what was going on and told her to stay. If one of my four daughters is being abused by her spouse I sure as fuck am not depending on her spouse’s boss to report the abuse to his boss. The fuck is wrong with people? It’s not his job to butt in on a domestic situation between adults.

Agree 200%. I don't give a shit what their policy is around this stuff, people need to keep personal stuff personal and if you're being abused called the cops don't text the wife of you boss.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

LOL, Dave Biddle fails at reporting AGAIN

Krueger revealed that Urban Meyer was never involved with the deliberations, there was no standoff between president Michael Drake and the rest of the board

Gonna go ahead and make some predictions... Season and Week one here

My Final 4

Alabama

Ohio State

Washington

Clemson

B1G Winner

Ohio State over Wisconsin

Heisman (Homer)

Haskins or Tua

Week 1

Ohio State 56 Oregon State 10

Washington 27 Auburn 24

Michigan 21 Notre Dame 20

Miami 20 LSU 28

Virginia Tech 27 Florida State 34

Ohio State players to look out for:

Offense

Dwayne Haskins - I think he could be the most gifted passing QB tOSU has ever had. We will wait and see

J.K. Dobbins - Maybe one of the most exciting players in all of college football. Every time he touches the ball, watch out. If he's gained some top end speed, it's a done deal for the B1G.

Parris Cambell - One of the most dynamic play makers in college football. He is our new Curtis Samuel with more of a receiving aspect to him.

Benjamin Victor - He is my somewhat under the radar guy to watch out for. Tall, fast, good hands. He reminds me of a young AJ Green. Watch out for him.

Tate Martell - Don't know exactly what his role will be in our offense, but when he plays, watch out. The kid reminds me of an even quicker Braxton. He needs to work on his passing ability but that will come. I expect to see him in some 3rd and shorts.

Defense:

Nick Bosa - Could be a defensive heisman watch player for obvious reasons

Chase Young - Kid is supposedly very special. Extremely strong, quick and athletic.

Tuf Borland - Unsure if he's going to go Saturday but he's as tough as they come. One of the prototypical LBs that we have come through tOSU. He will be fun to watch.

Jeffrey Okudah - He's the next great DB to come out of tOSU to add to our laundry list of greats we've produced over the past 5-10 years.

This might be the most talented team we've ever had. I'd put it right there with the 2014 or 2015 team. Time will tell if they can put it all together. I really cannot wait to see our offense with 2 incredible backs and a QB with a serious arm. I think defenses are going to be stunned at what hit them.

I think both OSU and Bama are going to have insane offenses this year. Both teams finally have qb's with big arms, that are mobile, a stable of backs and talented receivers.

Football this weekend. I'm so pumped!!!!

Gonna go ahead and make some predictions... Season and Week one here

My Final 4

Alabama

Ohio State

Washington

Clemson

B1G Winner

Ohio State over Wisconsin

Heisman (Homer)

Haskins or Tua

Week 1

Ohio State 56 Oregon State 10

Washington 27 Auburn 24

Michigan 21 Notre Dame 20

Miami 20 LSU 28

Virginia Tech 27 Florida State 34

Ohio State players to look out for:

Offense

Dwayne Haskins - I think he could be the most gifted passing QB tOSU has ever had. We will wait and see

J.K. Dobbins - Maybe one of the most exciting players in all of college football. Every time he touches the ball, watch out. If he's gained some top end speed, it's a done deal for the B1G.

Parris Cambell - One of the most dynamic play makers in college football. He is our new Curtis Samuel with more of a receiving aspect to him.

Benjamin Victor - He is my somewhat under the radar guy to watch out for. Tall, fast, good hands. He reminds me of a young AJ Green. Watch out for him.

Tate Martell - Don't know exactly what his role will be in our offense, but when he plays, watch out. The kid reminds me of an even quicker Braxton. He needs to work on his passing ability but that will come. I expect to see him in some 3rd and shorts.

Defense:

Nick Bosa - Could be a defensive heisman watch player for obvious reasons

Chase Young - Kid is supposedly very special. Extremely strong, quick and athletic.

Tuf Borland - Unsure if he's going to go Saturday but he's as tough as they come. One of the prototypical LBs that we have come through tOSU. He will be fun to watch.

Jeffrey Okudah - He's the next great DB to come out of tOSU to add to our laundry list of greats we've produced over the past 5-10 years.

This might be the most talented team we've ever had. I'd put it right there with the 2014 or 2015 team. Time will tell if they can put it all together. I really cannot wait to see our offense with 2 incredible backs and a QB with a serious arm. I think defenses are going to be stunned at what hit them.

I always enjoy reading these...keep them coming all year man!

Go Bucks!

I don't understand why Wisconsin is getting all the love. They have a great O Line and a great RB but they are in the west which is weak. Maybe will be better with Fleck and Frost in the West but this year should be an issue. Penn State will be a big test. I see them making the BIG10 championship but not getting out of that as usual.

I don't understand why Wisconsin is getting all the love. They have a great O Line and a great RB but they are in the west which is weak. Maybe will be better with Fleck and Frost in the West but this year should be an issue. Penn State will be a big test. I see them making the BIG10 championship but not getting out of that as usual.

I've actually thought that too- not sure why they're ranked so high and getting so many picks to make the final 4. Their QB is mediocre at best and their defense isn't anything to write home about. We'll see- maybe we're missing something.

What is everyone's for UM vs. ND this weekend? 2/4 of my least favorite teams so we'll see how it goes.