Winter Snopocalypse Storm Trogdor - RIP 1/19/19

wagner

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its STILL snowing up north. 24 hours at this point thanks to a thick lake efect snow ban.

I'd say we got "crushed"

Mom sent pics from their house, blowing and drifting bad in Portage County.

Ray's wife posted pics, they got muppet fucked up in Mans-tucky-field.

Mom sent pics from their house, blowing and drifting bad in Portage County.

Ray's wife posted pics, they got muppet fucked up in Mans-tucky-field.

I know. Its bad.

And I am still surprised people are complaining about the weather reporting. The difference of you getting slammed and getting wet was ONE degree. Thats not much of a margin of error. It was 32-33 in C bus a few hours longer than it was 31. That ONE degree is the difference of getting 4 inches or 14 inches lol. Its all based on computer modeling anyways. Blame the algorithm(s)

Well it sucks for the people north of Cbus, but I’m not even going to bother shoveling the 6 feet of driveway between the cars and the road. I didn’t realize all my neighbors had snowblowers. Heard that shit running all day, I’ll just clean off my car and drive over it in the morning. Fuck it.

Had a father/daughter Campout in Bellefontaine this weekend:

- went skiing at Mad River Mountain Saturday.

Rained.

All.

Day.

- Campout at Camp Willston Saturday night. Snowed all night. Level 3 snow emergency early morning in Union County. Frozen cars had to be chiseled in the morning.

Winter came with a vengeance!

Had a father/daughter Campout in Bellefontaine this weekend:

- went skiing at Mad River Mountain Saturday.

Rained.

All.

Day.

- Campout at Camp Willston Saturday night. Snowed all night. Level 3 snow emergency early morning in Union County. Frozen cars had to be chiseled in the morning.

Winter came with a vengeance!

Winter didn't come to y'all. Y'all went to winter. :lol:

Glad you guys had a good time and made it back safe.

Managed to clean out enough space in my garage Friday evening to fit one of our cars in there. Saturday rolled around and I was pissed I spent the energy doing it...then on our way home from dinner at Polaris around 9:45 last night, I was pretty happy I did it.

Snow was easy to shovel this morning, and then I was able to move the gf's car to the clear side and finish up the other side. Would not have wanted to deal with clearing snow off my car just to be able to move it to shovel.

Had a good 2 foot drift around the Fiero and the garage for maybe 5 feet. Then a slight dusting for 30 feet? Then towards the end of the driveway and sidewalks had 4-6 inches or so. Snow blower kinda did it's job. I need to rebuild the carb as it only runs on full choke. Got to do my driveway, sidewalks to the neighbors left and right of me and did my neighbors small driveway to the left.

She texted me afterwards and said thanks and that I could have used her brand new snow blower.. mother fucker. oh well. Next time.

A thread from nearly a decade ago, but it might still make for fun reading and perhaps help us all keep perspective:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77147

My boss was just talking about this. He said it was storming and snowing. Thundersnow.

Perry Co was under a lvl 3 today. It was icy. I made it out after a couple hours of de-icing the cars. The side by side made super quick work of the driveway. We got about 5-6". I was excited to see some snow so i could use the new snow plow.:D

A thread from nearly a decade ago, but it might still make for fun reading and perhaps help us all keep perspective:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77147

My FIL and I were talking about this just last night. He was a teenager when this happened. Talk about a terrifying event.