Camaro & Charger owner checking in

BuckeyeROC

Hey guys,

A little about myself: I went to OSU, but moved to the Toledo area for about 10 years and loved the car scene up there. I went to Milan Dragway often, and the car shows and meets were on tap every day of the week, along with racing in Mexico.

I've been around Columbus the past several years, been to Kil-Kare and Tri-State a couple times with my Street/Strip 69 Mustang and walked around some of the local car shows, but I just couldn't keep up with the maintenance on the old Mustang anymore and it spent many years just sitting in my garage. I wanted to get back into a modern car (especially with how good they have gotten from the factory the past few years) and I've also been into drag racing for a couple decades, but wanted to try something different this time around. So I sold the 69 Stang and recently purchased a 2015 Camaro Z/28 with heads/cam/intake/exhaust done. I've never been on a road course in my life, but it is something that I am looking forward to learning. I'm also looking forward to hanging out around car people and their cars again.

My daily driver the past few years has been a 2013 Charger Super Bee (392 HEMI) and it's been a great DD. I needed something with 4 doors last time around b/c my kids are getting bigger, so this was my compromise to get a car that can haul 5 people and still have some level of performance.

Other cars I've had in the past that I admit to owning (pics below):

1. 1989 Camaro IROC-Z 350TPI/auto (AFR 190 heads, Lingenfelter cam, SuperRam intake, and a bunch of other stuff)

2. 1998 Trans Am LS1/M6 (Thunder Racing T-Rex cam, full bolts-ons, Ford 9" w/ 4.56 gears, Textralia clutch, etc)

3. 1998 Trans AM LS1/A4. Just a few bolt-ons, was a daily driver.

4. 2005 Mustang GT 4.6/auto. Just an intake and tune, was a daily driver.

5. 1969 Mustang pump gas 545 cid big block. Street/strip toy that almost never wanted to run.

TLDR: Currently own a 2015 Camaro Z/28 w/ 427 LS7 and 2013 Charger Super Bee 392 HEMI.

Hobbies: Cars, weightlifting, Buckeye football

I've really missed being a part of a car scene and hope to meet some of you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=963916&stc=1&d=1541794446

attachment.php?attachmentid=963918&stc=1&d=1541794446

attachment.php?attachmentid=963919&stc=1&d=1541794446

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/57060378637.jpg?1419624897

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/30964323365.jpg?1278808584

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/914555761.jpg?1185589495

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/914355759.jpg?1185588910

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/914655765.jpg?1185590241

This IROC pic below isn't mine, but looks just like mine did before the hood and paint job

http://twinsburg.com/Portals/9/EventPhotos/08-03-2009/winners/10.jpg

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/9142173014.jpg?1216926012

Welcome to the site and great first post! Great to have you on the board.

Thank you!

Nice z28, I like the tow hook. You still on your first set of tires?

Thanks. Yes, first set of tires for me, I've only had the chance to drive it on the street a few times so far. The stock Trofeos are long gone though, it has some Potenza's at the moment.

Welcome! Have you been to Cars and Coffee down by Olentangy? Always a good time meeting new folks on Saturday mornings once the weather warms up a bit.

I haven't, but sounds like something I need to hit up.

Welcome! Awesome collection of cars :cool:

I recognize you from camaro6.com, I'm a member there but don't own a Gen 6 (yet) so I don't post much, but I've been lurking on there for a while

Thanks! And I enjoy that site. I came VERY close to getting a 6th gen Camaro, great cars. You thinking about buying one? Any other cars you are considering?

Thanks! And I enjoy that site. I came VERY close to getting a 6th gen Camaro, great cars. You thinking about buying one? Any other cars you are considering?

At this point, I'm dead set on a '16-18, manual, either 1SS or 2SS. I might hold out for a good deal on a 1LE. Either way, I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on one at some point this year.

Welcome. We need more fbodies.

:thumbup:

At this point, I'm dead set on a '16-18, manual, either 1SS or 2SS. I might hold out for a good deal on a 1LE. Either way, I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on one at some point this year.

Nice! I like the 16-18 A LOT. Since you want a stick, I would definitely wait for the right 1LE. There's a gorgeous 2018 1LE in Nashville for sale on Camaro6 right now, 29k miles, ~$30k.

Nice! I like the 16-18 A LOT. Since you want a stick, I would definitely wait for the right 1LE. There's a gorgeous 2018 1LE in Nashville for sale on Camaro6 right now, 29k miles, ~$30k.

I saw a silver one on there last week that I really, really like. I'm not in a position to buy one just yet, but man, that car is SOOOOO tempting.....

Love the Z28. Seriously considered one, but my 4th gen and C5 are paid off so....

Hope you see you out, I like your taste in cars.

Thanks. Can't blame you there. I've never had a C5, but my 4th gens were fantastic cars for me in every way. I'm sure the C5 is, too.

Welcome. We need more fbodies.

Checked out your album, LOVE both the Birds!

2014 1le, cammed and louder than it is fast. I'm friends with that Mustang ogre you met

:lol:

Welcome. Nice rides. I really like the '89 but I'm kind of one of the resident older vehicle lovers around here. Mainly because I'm poor and can only afford $150 trucks. Hope to see ya out sometime. I get out to about 2-3 events a year. lol

Clean rides. [emoji106] welcome

Thanks!

:lol:

Welcome. Nice rides. I really like the '89 but I'm kind of one of the resident older vehicle lovers around here. Mainly because I'm poor and can only afford $150 trucks. Hope to see ya out sometime. I get out to about 2-3 events a year. lol

Hope to see you out, too. That 89 IROC is the only car I regret selling, for a lot of reasons. It hooked and ran so well on the street. It was just such a great combination of parts (everything form the engine combo, converter, built tranny, right gears and slightly built rear for the setup, suspension, tires, ect.) that a couple buddies and I built/setup for it. But the LS1 cars had come out and were running SO well with just a cam and bolt-ons that I sold it to build the M6 LS1 Trans Am, which was a LOT of fun, too.

• Casper unlocked this topic