What's the most exotic you've spotted?

unfunnyryan

Thread title.

I have two good entries from the last two-ish years.

1. A 918 Spyder in UA, because 918 spyder.

1cEndsBl.jpg

2. A Lamborghini ESPAADDAAAAAAA! Found at a restaurant in polaris because ESPAADDAAAAAAA!

http://i.imgur.com/Inngol8l.jpg

Edited by unfunnyryan

I've seen the LaFerrari and 918 numerous times. Brandon's got a good one; I don't remember if I've ever seen a Bugatti in person...

Two things in Naples comes to mind:

- Ferrari's on Fifth - annual Italian get-together in downtown Naples that has some amazing cars on display

- Naples Motorsports - https://www.naplesmotorsports.com/exotic-cars-naples-fl - these guys do periodic (monthly?) Cars&Coffee events with an open house. I've never seen so much amazing metal/carbon fiber in one building. Depending on their inventory it's gotta be one of the singular locations you can just walk into for free and see some serious halo cars. Props to them for being very open to the public.

I saw that blue Chiron driving up 315 the night before its big reveal at Esoteric last year. It was being followed by their orange 720. The guy has a crazy car collection you can see on Instagram.

Also cool (to me at least) is seeing some prototype Fords in service every once in a while. Got to see the refreshed Fusion before it came out with the new 2.0 EB and front end. We also had about half-dozen 2020 Explorers here for a few minutes back in December.

Car spotting is kind of a hobby of mine. this is not a comprehensive list, just what I could remember off the top of my head. I didn't include cars I know I have seen but couldn't remember where like the veyron which I think was at that "other" cars and coffee meet but can't remember (I do remember thinking it looked smaller in real life than I thought it would be).

Here in Columbus:

in the wild:

- two ferrari FF's, one of which was daily driven in the snow.

- One diablo, at a friend's house, he let me sit in it.

- several modern Lamborghini's of various models (Hurican, merci, aventador)

- 2 Cord 810 Winchesters, although one someone had swapped a Ford V8 into

- Mclaren P1

- 1 1950's Gull wing Mercedes

- 2 SLS AMG Gullwing Mercedes (one silver, on red)

- 1 1970's Ferrari Dino

- BMW Z8

At Cars and Coffee events:

- 2 90's Diablos (1 Purple and one Orange).

- 1965 alfa romeo Gulia Sprint Speciale

- Alfa Romeo Montreal

- that green lamborghini with the black vinyl watch graphics all over it (Gallardo?)

- that same red SLS AMG Gullwing Merc I saw on the road

- A bunch of ferrari's that I can best describe as 1 red one, 2 yellow ones, and 1 black one (sorry I don't follow ferrari's past the 1990's).

- 3 ducati sport classics that aren't mine (1 black, one yellow, and one paulsmart)

- A Motus Motorcycle

- 1 Pantera (yellow)

- 1976 Jagaur XJ6 C coupe (Dark red)

- 1 Series 1 1960's Jagaur XKE (yellow)

- Several 356 Porsche coupes

- 1 1972 BMW 3.0 CS Coupe

- 1933 Rolls Royce

- Silver Lotus esprit S4 Twin turbo v8

- Doc's Bentleys and WRC Celica (who hasn't seen those?)

- Lancia Scorpion in Martini racing colors

- 1992 corvette c4 ZR-1

Back in NY:

this would be a long list so I am just going to hit the highlights:

- 2 Facel Vegas. 1 deep in the bowels of a midtown parking garage, and one on a flatbed trailer on long island being towed to a shop.

- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 owned by a neighbor of my parents.

- 3 real 427 cobras (2 were continuation cars, 1 was a 1966 Semi- competition which I was allowed to drive very briefly)

- 2 porsche 918s

- a literal ton of 70's-80's Aston martin v8 vantages in the Hamptons

- Stephen Spielberg's 1953 corvette (which I worked on in college without knowing)

- 1989 Ferrari F40

- 1971 Ferrari Daytona 365 GTB which I had to ferry from Brooklyn to Kingston NY for the owner of Team Obsolete. I also had to ferry his ferrari 512 boxer.

- this exact Cord which Frank Martucci let me drive for a day around Montauk NY as a college graduation present: https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1005039/1937-cord-custom-roadster-for-sale-in-owls-head-maine-04854

- Jt Nesbit's Magnolia Special: http://bienvillestudios.com/index.php/magnolia-special/ (I also helped JT strip down the jaguar 4.0L for the CNG conversion when I was in New Orleans for a wedding)

I have pics for about half these things, I'll upload them tonight when I can transfer them from my phone to hosting.

- Naples Motorsports - https://www.naplesmotorsports.com/exotic-cars-naples-fl - these guys do periodic (monthly?) Cars&Coffee events with an open house. I've never seen so much amazing metal/carbon fiber in one building. Depending on their inventory it's gotta be one of the singular locations you can just walk into for free and see some serious halo cars. Props to them for being very open to the public.

My brother lives in Naples. I flew down for his wedding last April and stopped by here to drool, and can’t speak highly enough of these guys. I was nervous about how they’d react to me being there with no intentions of buying anything, but they couldn’t have been nicer. I told them right away I was just admiring, they told me to hang out and take as many pictures as I wanted. A couple of the guys talked cars with me for a bit once they realized I had some knowledge about what I was looking at. On that day, some of the more notable cars were a Bugatti Veyron, Spyker C8 Laviolette, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari 458 Speciale, Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, McLaren P1, McLaren 675LT Spider and countless other “normal” exotics.

Last June, I saw the two Corvette C8 prototypes stopped at a light on Main Street here in Jackson and got several photos. Lol

My fiancé took me to Pebble Beach and the Monterey Motorsport reunion. Needless to say we essentially saw literally everything out and about. A subsequent event that week is Exotics on Cannery Row. Youtube has videos for days about it, but we checked out the area a day or 2 before the event and saw multiple Koenigsegg CCX's and even a Regera. Bugatti was there with their Chiron/Veyron/Vision GT concept, etc.

If you ever get the chance to go it's incredible and by far the best week of car stuff I've ever experienced.

Biggest random neck breaker locally was a silver 918 in the Short North area while we were sitting on a patio. People were stopping traffic the opposite direction of travel to get pictures of it.

A car covered in baby doll heads.

Also saw a bmw use a turn signal.

Corvette driver who didn’t wear jean shorts or white sneakers.

I know no one will believe me.

Dug into my photobucket acct to grab these from over a decade a go. Saw it at some comfest thing downtown.

vfGGiJS.jpg

cLUYOqF.jpg

S2hhaU6.jpg

VEmyGzr.jpg

Oh, we’re talking about car?

2007 Mercedes R63 AMG (less than 100 in the US)

2000 Mercedes C43 AMG (less than 25 in the US)

I have yet to see another in the wild

Pretty sure the owner or a regular at Joey Chang’s in mill run has a R63. Seen it a couple times.

Also Burt one of the Mid Ohio instructors has a C43.