C8 Corvette, 7-18-19

Cordell

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wheels are fuckign Hideous.

But, with a set of wheels that fucker may be a 10 out of 10.

Can't wait to gap one in my NA C6. :)

Man I agree on the wheels - I really hope they are not close to production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 months later...

I watched this reveal party....and it had me locked for the whole 1+ hour.

Awesome stats. I’m blown away by the engineering and performance for a less-than-$60k starting price.

I predict a long and fruitful product line, with Chevy selling as many of them as they can make. Really gave me a shot in the arm with GM: I’m a fan of this new Corvette.

I watched this reveal party....and it had me locked for the whole 1+ hour.

Awesome stats. I’m blown away by the engineering and performance for a less-than-$60k starting price.

I predict a long and fruitful product line, with Chevy selling as many of them as they can make. Really gave me a shot in the arm with GM: I’m a fan of this new Corvette.

^^ this. Looks killer. I'd be hesitant on a first or second model year buy strictly for the bugs sake but it is sharp.

I wonder if they've set up the design to also include a hybrid power unit system?

original.jpg

Will be interesting to see real world performance numbers, but it would seem to be a good performer for the money, shocked at the price. Not a huge fan of the looks, but it's decent. I'll be interested to see what direction Camaro goes after this.

I'm going to have to go against the grain here. I just flat out don't like it. It doesn't look like a Corvette at all. I understand this is a prototype and the final result will look a bit different, but still, it won't be far off from this.

I'm going to have to go against the grain here. I just flat out don't like it. It doesn't look like a Corvette at all. I understand this is a prototype and the final result will look a bit different, but still, it won't be far off from this.

Um...

The looks won't change one bit...

I’ve never been a fan of corvettes from a visual standpoint, but the C8 looks killer.

Haven’t been this hyped on a new launch since the 4c was announced, and instantly left a deposit for that. Strongly considering leaving one for the C8!

Tell me the MR/RR layout marketplace that has a stickshift. I can think of:

- Lotus

I love a good stick shift car, but I agree (for now) that the DCT performance in the C8 cannot be ignored, and at the price point I give GM props for putting a comprehensive performance car to market, stick or not.

The C8 configurator is pretty cool, too...lots of customization choices.

I'm not a huge Corvette fan, but I really do like this thing. The back might take some time to get use to, but I wasn't a huge fan of the C7's rear when it first came out.

I even like the interior. It looks like it wraps around you like a second skin, like an actual cockpit. I love that.

Bummed it's not being offered with a stick, but that's the way of the world. Drag times are the most important. I wonder what the split is on the C7 as far as transmission choices go. Did they sell more automatics than stick shifts?

Looking at the comments here and general online sentiment, I would say Corvette hit their mark.

"Corvette guys" and a bit divided, but in general like it. At the end if the day- the 55+ Corvette community would have embraced anything they came out with.

The majority of comments I see is "I never liked Corvettes, but I like this" which is what I think they were going for. So, its a win for GM.

I cant wait to but a bus on one in my Z0SICK while bangin' gears and maintaining my manhood. :)

Really looking forward to the training for these, I want to see the inner workings. Can’t wait to drive one. Not sure I’d buy one but I do like it.

Those of you bitching about 3 pedals know you’re just in the minority at this point right? I like my manuals too, but there’s no sense in whining about it.

Those of you bitching about 3 pedals know you’re just in the minority at this point right? I like my manuals too, but there’s no sense in whining about it.

I'll gladly carry the minority view on almost everything. The average person is a fucking retard.

Also, you couldn't be more wrong about the complaining part. Many vehicles have had an outcry from loyalists and those who were upset a manual wasn't offered, and the MFGs listened and brought them back.

If I'm drag racing stop light to stoplight against plebs on the street, AWD turbo dual clutch. If I'm trying to set lap records to earn a living on a race track, dual clutch.

Street cars on street tires around seas of accords, pilots and crvs? Give me a god damn break, and the third pedal. I guarantee you I'll be having more fun than that GTR that just blew past me.

With that said, I do actually think it looks decent. 100% better than the C7. Should do well at that price point, but I'm assuming the overall transaction price will be significantly higher than the C7.