Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to not see a second flare-up happen in the next 2-3 months, otherwise this fall/winter will be fucked.

I’m more worried about school season and my kids.

Edit: the schools over here are already way too over crowded.

Did anyone listen to the Joe Rogan Podcast with Rhonda Patrick, about the vitamin D deficiency issue in the US? Some interesting correlation made between D levels and immune health/death from this virus.

Good interview with her. Always something to be learned.

• 2 weeks later...
Is Coronavirus even a thing anymore?

If there is not a spike in hospitalizations in 3-4 weeks I'd say it has burned out already.

Update on hydroxychloroquine:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/covid-19-surgisphere-who-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

give it 1-2 weeks and I think its going to spike again.

Coronavirus isn't a thing anymore. It's time to loot and promote violence. Just check out all media outlets for that message. COVID-19 was so May... :lol:

Just today I noticed a ton of stories along the lines of "experts predict a surge in cases after weekend protests." Whoopsie!

Do you think all the protesting is helping that surge or adding to it?

Mass gatherings during a pandemic are a terrible idea, especially when mask usage isn't 100% and people are exerting themselves and aggravating factors (e.g., avoiding riot police) might make social distancing impossible. But then, you already know that, and you already knew that I felt that way, so I'm not sure what gotcha you think you're trying to catch me in here...

eta: My point was that "the media" is indeed now covering the pandemic angle of the protests, and how the protests aren't helping. The post I quoted seemed to imply that "the media" was encouraging the protests and promoting violence. I think that's a bit nonsense. I can provide links but I trust that y'all consume a balanced diet of news and have seen the same stories.

What if murder hornet venom is the cure?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

More like pepper spray and tear gas.

On a side note there is a local kid from Upper Arlington (suburb of Columbus) who is sort of a tame version of Steve Irwin. He has his own show called Brave Wilderness, but he addresses the whole 'murder hornet' craze and has been doing the sting pain indexes. Nevertheless, he is mildly interesting in his videos.

More like pepper spray and tear gas.

On a side note there is a local kid from Upper Arlington (suburb of Columbus) who is sort of a tame version of Steve Irwin. He has his own show called Brave Wilderness, but he addresses the whole 'murder hornet' craze and has been doing the sting pain indexes. Nevertheless, he is mildly interesting in his videos.

That guy is from UA??

That guy is from UA??

Northern Ohio originally. I thought he was in Westerville now. Not trying to stalk him but a while back when the Hornet videos gained traction, I saw his info and it was there. Perhaps he moved. Has like 16M followers so I'm sure his monetization of YT is big.

I heard or read somewhere yesterday that one of the hooligans downtown had tested positive for covid and was down there with symptoms protesting. Is anyone really that stupid?

I also heard the same thing. I also heard from a good source that this person was "sporadically wearing a mask"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/04/elon-musk-calls-for-amazon-split-after-alex-berenson-claims-censorship.html

Just interesting.

Additionally my hunch is there will be no significant increase in covid cases from all of the protesting, beyond the established SI modeling rates. The increase if reported likely will be again due to testing increases. Is anyone concerned that Fauci softly back tracked his "second wave" comments thesis? He is playing the fence quite a bit now, maybe as he realizes the information he was sourced to help craft decisions was very poor? I do not know but it seems something to this effect.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/04/elon-musk-calls-for-amazon-split-after-alex-berenson-claims-censorship.html

Just interesting.

Additionally my hunch is there will be no significant increase in covid cases from all of the protesting, beyond the established SI modeling rates. The increase if reported likely will be again due to testing increases. Is anyone concerned that Fauci softly back tracked his "second wave" comments thesis? He is playing the fence quite a bit now, maybe as he realizes the information he was sourced to help craft decisions was very poor? I do not know but it seems something to this effect.

Why I mentioned to look at hospitalization numbers in a few weeks. Testing stats don't matter unless there is thorough and ubiquitous testing going on.

And then there is this asinine tweet (and others, this is not the only one):

That implies systemic racism killed more than 100,000 people in the last 6 months.

Is anyone concerned that Fauci softly back tracked his "second wave" comments thesis? He is playing the fence quite a bit now, maybe as he realizes the information he was sourced to help craft decisions was very poor? I do not know but it seems something to this effect.

1) Can't have a second wave if the first wave never finishes -- while deaths have decreased from 2000/day to 1000/day, that's hardly "mission accomplished" as far as the first wave goes.

2) I'm not sure specifically what back-tracking you're talking about, but if you're criticizing a scientist for updating their hypothesis based on new and better information, you're doing it wrong. That's how science works. I don't think anyone would argue that the information they were using to make decisions 2, 3, 4 months ago wasn't "very poor" as far as these things go. Everyone was flying blind in the face of a new threat and doing the best that they could with limited info. If they're now changing they're recommendations because we know more, that's a good thing.