Thoughts on Honda Accord 2.0T......with a 6 speed

TTQ B4U

So the hunt for a new daily driver is underway and I'm still kicking around all kind of options and after looking around I came across some pretty damn good deals on 2018 and 2019 Accord 2.0T's. I Get the new 10spd is quicker, etc.. but even asking price of a 19-23k miles Sport with a 6 speed is in the very low $20k range and I'm not gonna lie, that's a damn attractive price.

Anyone here care to chime in on what I'm missing or overlooking here? This may just be the car I drive for 10yrs and as my son moves off to college I can then look at a more "fun" third car. Decent looking, handles very nice, moves out okay for plebeian daily but with the fun factor and somewhat unique appeal of a manual, I'm having a dad moment here....Thoughts? Value is strong which is no-doubt a driving factor here.

Wait you went from S4 to q50 and now want to go to a accord ??

That transition doesn’t seem right

Haha! I know right? Son starts college and daughter isn't far behind. One of our next fun purchase is going to have windows facing an ocean :p

Sounds like a great deal. I've used a 2017 Accord Hybrid with the CVT as a daily for the last 43k miles and I have no criticisms of the basic car. It'll be at the end of its lease in October and I think the residual is about 15k. If gas prices were higher, it would be a steal since it gets an honest average of 48-51 mpg, slightly lower in winter. In the current market, mpg doesn't seem to be such a big issue.

It served well as a people hauler (very roomy and soft ride), moving van (big trunk), long-distance transport and daily beater. Great tech and interface even in my stripped-down model. The only repair it had was when a groundhog ate some of the wiring harness when it was parked at work. That was an expensive repair that insurance picked up. I'm not sure if the non-hybrid models have the same soy-based wiring, so may not be a concern for you.

Hondata can add 66 hp and 120lb-ft torque which would make it produce more tq than both your old cars and similar HP. They look way way better and built better than the Q50. I see no downside.

Buy new to bump the take-rate stats to slightly prolong the inevitable demise of manuel gonzales transmissions

I tried finding a new one a couple months back right after the factories shut down and there wasn't one to be had, in any flavor, in the eastern US.

maybe you're on the wrong forum? new accords are terrible. terrible steering, terrible brakes, terrible seats, terrible interior, terrible radio... every time I drive one, I wonder how any person could subject themselves to that level of disappointment when so many more entertaining cars exist. They would sell zero of these if it weren't for their reliability and brand-fanboism.

reverse and handbrake

would likely have to do it on a field of grass drunk off your butt to make it happen. to be fair.... that does sound like a fun time until you realize the next day what you bought.

Hondata can add 66 hp and 120lb-ft torque which would make it produce more tq than both your old cars and similar HP. They look way way better and built better than the Q50. I see no downside.

Good to know. Still won't be up to the power of the Audi or my Q though. Audi was a Stage 3 Dual Pulley and the Q has a piggy back on it too.

I'll be driving an auto Touring model soon again.....as I drove one when looking at the Q but it didn't have the power I wanted. That's back when the 2.0T was rare though.

Good to know. Still won't be up to the power of the Audi or my Q though. Audi was a Stage 3 Dual Pulley and the Q has a piggy back on it too.

I'll be driving an auto Touring model soon again.....as I drove one when looking at the Q but it didn't have the power I wanted. That's back when the 2.0T was rare though.

radio touch display is garbage, other than that they're a good car.

Side note: if you're wanting a little more HP get it tuned, the 2.0t is the same engine in the Civic Type-R only detuned in the Accord

radio touch display is garbage, other than that they're a good car.

Side note: if you're wanting a little more HP get it tuned, the 2.0t is the same engine in the Civic Type-R only detuned in the Accord

Good feedback. I did a little research on them but honestly, I'll leave it stock if there's nothing as simple as a piggyback like what I have on my current car simply because I want to keep warranty on this one.

On my list for sure though.