Any place not charge to take old tires?

Aaron

I can tell you this, I'm more likely to use Tire Discounters for service due to small "gestures" such as free tire disposal. Smart business, IMO.

You're right on, Aaron. My vette had a leaking TPMS. Took the wheel to them, they asked if I'd do them a favor and come pick it up the next day, because they were slammed. No problem. Go in next day and they fixed it and said no charge, because he's a car guy too. Damn sure I went back to them for tires on my most recent car.

Edited by Mitch

You're right on, Aaron. My vette had a leaking TPMS. Took the wheel to them, they asked if I'd do them a favor and come pick it up the next day, because they were slammed. No problem. Go in next day and they fixed it and said no charge, because he's a car guy too. Damn sure I went back to them for tires on my most recent car.

Two feel good stories in one thread.

Just out of curiosity, on avg how many tires do you sell a month? Or how many are they picking up when they shop up to scrap them?

Not many to be honest, we offer tire installation as a convenience, not as a money maker. We charge $125 for mount/balalnce. They probably pick up 40-60 every other month or so.

Not many to be honest, we offer tire installation as a convenience, not as a money maker. We charge $125 for mount/balalnce. They probably pick up 40-60 every other month or so.

Gotcha, as I assumed, people that aren't basing their biz around tire sales probably do pay more for disposal.

Tire Disounters tried that same thing with oil changes (as a convenience not your local oil change stop)They rarely got aggressive on oil change prices.