Celebrating 20 years of Columbus Racing.com

Mitch

Hard to believe twenty years have come and gone. You all have made this an amazing community to be a part of. No way they envisioned this forum lasting twenty years that November night in Anthony's basement.

Massive thanks to the Green's, Ant, Tina and Chris. Without their sacrifice and hard work none of this exists.

Huge thanks to our sponsors. Their long lasting and continued support of this site make this possible.

All Seasons Roofing - STEVE-O

Boost Performance Autosports (Alex L.)

Capital Towing & Recovery (Capital Towing & Recovery)

Clifford Automotive (Clifford Automotive)

Jet Auto Group (2highpsi)

Lucore Automotive (99StockGT)

Rabid Customs

Reflective Surfaces (TTQ B4U)

SmokeOut BBQ (Derek)

Union Savings Bank (AngryBMW)

We've all laughed and cried on here, sharing personal triumphs, tragedies and making sense of current events throughout a twenty year period. We'd appreciate you to take the time to share your favorite memories, whether it be hanging out in a lot or at the track from the history of CR.

Best part of this forum for me was from about 2008-2015 when we had some involvement, track days, and people meeting up with their cars. I’ve made a few good friends and met plenty of good people because of this forum, sucks that alot of them aren’t very involved anymore.

Just realized I’ve been a CR member for half of my life .. sheesh I joined because my next door neighbor

Most of my times out was many many years ago where I met a lot of current and past members who probably might not even remember who I am if they saw me today

My best early memories was being out at the thrift store and before that east main until early hours of the morning

I’ve lost track the number of friends, events, fixes, deals I’ve enjoyed in my life because of CR.

Facebook has taken the daily traffic but with the number of lurkers I’ve spoken with in recent years at CC&C, CR is still a valuable part of the car community.

I’ve lost track the number of friends, events, fixes, deals I’ve enjoyed in my life because of CR.

Facebook has taken the daily traffic but with the number of lurkers I’ve spoken with in recent years at CC&C, CR is still a valuable part of the car community.

The shortbus list between your Maxima and my Lumina.

Also Krogers on Broad hanging out until 3 am and "30 Chillito's and a large diet coke" will be burned in my brain forever. :)

Met some very cool people from here.

1 question..is /was this an extension of an older mitsubishi forum ?

The name was the shop was/is force fed..I remember a meet up there once.

Anyway good job

Anthony Green started CR and a lot of his fellow COFBA members joined too. CR predates Force Fed.

I first met Anthony and Kenny at a ColsDSM meet before CR was created. My cousin had a 2GNT he had bought from Sarah Fisher. Thing was to this day one of the cleanest and best maintained cars I've ever seen. He started modding it and found ColsDSM. We went out to Hilliard for a meet and Carriage Town as I recall. Ant had the green Camaro. Wire loom and all. Didn't even have the Firebird yet. Kenny was still in the Cark.

At Hilliard Ant tore off after some kid who rolled in in a Civic and drove like an idiot with a fart pipe and tried to get a race out of him. At CT Kenny lolled at me and threw verbal assaults (as he was known to do) when he found out that I drove (my first car) a 1991 Geo Prizm. :lol: I knew I liked those guys from the get go.

Once CR started I happened upon it literally when I googled (or maybe Asked Jeeves or something) "columbus racing". I signed up immediately. Orig I was member #62 with the SN "92 Tercel" which is what I owned at that time. I was proud of that Tercel. I don't know why I was but I was. It's also the reason I met JP before he was on CR. He drove down to CBus to hang with us one weekend and tried to get into Shooters in Grovetucky while wearing his HS letterman jacket.

My first Friday night meet was with the RX7's and Supra's of CR as I recall up on Sawmill. Some other cars were there too. I drove solo from Circleville to Sawmill just to cruise to Hooters. All I remember is "Flight of the Valkyries" blasting from some car as we rolled out and Eric with the Thunderbird filming. I don't know where the vid is but at one point I passed him and you could hear, "was that the Tercel?!" Only took me 347 miles to get up to the speed of the rest of them.

As CR progressed I'd drive the Tercel and my roommate Andy would drive his '98 Neon to Hooters every weekend. If folks were meeting we were there. Basically every Fri and Sat night. We'd eat, BS, hang, chill in the lot, move on to Kroger, etc. Great memories. Leaving Mr. Gyro's one night to head to Kroger DJ yelled, "light 'em up!" as I was pulling out and was shocked when I actually got the fail wheel drive tires to spin...a little. :lol: What a POS...with underbody's. I loved that thing.

Over the years Andy enlisted in the Army and got away from cars but I continued to hang with the OG's and meet new folks along the way. The amount of knowledge not just in cars and racing but in all things we deal with through life has created a unique online community here of folks who help offline as well.

I know over the years I've made some enemies here, never intentionally, but the friends I have b/c of CR have been great. Folks that will offer up their garage and others who will drive over to help you with a simple thing like lifting a truck back up to stock ride height and such. After all, it's only 3 bolts and a flip. It won't take long. ;) "2 weeks" and all that. :lol:

Even today I enjoy when I can make it to CC&C, a cruise with CR folks, hanging in a garage and wrenching...or drinking a beer while they wrench, it still feels...nostalgic. Like the "good ol' days" are still here. What do I know though? I've never owned a "fun car". :lol:

ChatBros are where it's at though...although most have moved on.

Here's to 20 more and then some, CR.

Sincerely,

92 Tercel

More Porsches than CR

Yenner

Otis Nice

betty-white-cheers.gif

Edited by Otis Nice

Kill stories.

My favorite times on CR were when you couldn't drive to your friends 15 minutes away without running into someone else in a quick car and end up doing a pull.

Now I can drive for hours without seeing anything except a thumbs up from a family in a Town and Country.

I was like 14 or 15 I think, didn't even have a license yet, and I Googled "columbus racing" like Otis, literally just looking for car stuff in Columbus. Loitered for a while, but eventually met Anthony at a small meet at the old old IPS Motorsports shop.

Ever since, made more friends than I can count. A lot of which are no longer with us, both literally and metaphorically.

I remember when I had an 89 Ranger that I bought from Sean's shop for like $500 that I was dailying as a freshman in College. I brought it to a Quaker meet, got the nickname Danger Ranger. When I got home, I couldn't log in to my CR account and I had no idea why. I simply guessed that my login name had changed to "Danger Ranger", and whaddaya know, I was right. ha ha. So many good memories.

I joined when I was 14 or 15 after seeing a sticker on a car at a Hooters meet. Many of you may remember my friend Sean and I attending numerous night meets when we were still in high school. This forum served as my place of solace during some very rough times in my teens, which I thank you all for immensely. I consider many of you lifelong friends, and find it refreshing that conversations can pick up like we just spoke yesterday, even if it's been years.

The forum has obviously changed over the years as we've all grown older and gone different directions. However, anyone who's been involved with this community would be dishonest in saying it hasn't served as an influence on their life. Whether it be laughter in a time of despair, information/advice for life decisions, shoulders to lean on when times get tough, or simply a way to kill time with like-minded individuals.

The automotive and racing culture is still at the core of this community, and is obviously what initially brought us all together. However, it is and always has been so much more than that. I love you all, and am happy to continue sponsoring the forum each year.

Thank you all for helping mold me into the person I am today, and I look forward to seeing you again when I can take some time away from the shop.

• 2 weeks later...
I thank you all for CR and glad to be a part it. I have met many folks that turned into friends over the years. It is great to have this resource when checking into automotive questions or knowledge to help when making decisions too.

• 2 weeks later...

CR memories:

1. Phil launching his Isuzu Rodeo over jumps behind Gearhead robs shop, then us pushing the Rodeo off the top of the train tracks lol (rip)

2. Alex riding his gay chinese pit bike around at snow drags in like 2 ft of snow. Believe the forks snapped off it

3. CR Rally of (who knows what year?). Mojoes rx7 was smoking like a mexican space ship majority of the time