Did I miss something?

nochknstrps

What's the deal with Bayliss testing Duc's GP9? Did they boot Hayden already?

2b3bfc59-8b99-4bc5-91e9-ce0488c7d4a4.jpg

Mugello Circuit (Italy). Troy Bayliss completed his first day of testing on board the Desmosedici GP9 at Mugello today alongside regular factory test rider Vittoriano Guareschi. It was a first outing for the Australian on a MotoGP bike since the final round of 2006, when he followed up his second World Superbike title by competing in the final Grand Prix of the season at Valencia, scoring a sensational one-two for Ducati with victory ahead of his team-mate Loris Capirossi. Today was also Bayliss' first taste of an 800cc MotoGP machine and his first track action of any sort since ending the 2008 WSBK title-winning season, and his legendary racing career, with a double race victory at Portimao.

Troy Bayliss:

"This is literally the first time I've ridden a motorcycle since we unveiled the 1198 after the end of last season at Portimao", said the Australia rider. "It was nice to shake off a bit of rust and with Mugello being such a physical circuit it was a good workout! The last time I rode a GP machine was at Valencia, which was the 990cc, but the 800cc isn't exactly lacking power and I just spent today getting a feel for it. I can't wait to get back out there tomorrow and on Thursday and hopefully by the end of the session I'll be able to give some useful feedback to Filippo (Preziosi)”.

Alright, It wouldn't have suprised me if they booted hayden, but I guess they aren't cut throat like honda. Bayliss was at monza this weekend so I wasn't sure what was going on, they didn't mention anything about him test riding.

Can you believe Spies ran out of gas in the last turn of race1 ... I woke my gf up yelling "fuck fuck wtf happened" at the tv. she wasn't too happy.

They are right though thats one nasty chicane for the whole shot.

Alright, It wouldn't have suprised me if they booted hayden, but I guess they aren't cut throat like honda. Bayliss was at monza this weekend so I wasn't sure what was going on, they didn't mention anything about him test riding.

Can you believe Spies ran out of gas in the last turn of race1 ... I woke my gf up yelling "fuck fuck wtf happened" at the tv. she wasn't too happy.

They are right though thats one nasty chicane for the whole shot.

It's his first year on the Ducati.

Even if the bird had of been on suicide watch, Haga would have eventually fell back to 3rd anyways. Fabrizio and Spies would have eventually over taken him. Fab was killing Haga on the brakes and Spies is just balls out. He pushes so hard to keep the lead, like in race1 with the "stoppie" (I hate that loud mouth commentator) its not like the rear tire coming off the ground isn't uncommon but perfect example of how hard he pushed into that corner to be on the brakes later than the guys behind him.

Even if the bird had of been on suicide watch, Haga would have eventually fell back to 3rd anyways. Fabrizio and Spies would have eventually over taken him. Fab was killing Haga on the brakes and Spies is just balls out. He pushes so hard to keep the lead, like in race1 with the "stoppie" (I hate that loud mouth commentator) its not like the rear tire coming off the ground isn't uncommon but perfect example of how hard he pushed into that corner to be on the brakes later than the guys behind him.

Oh man! I love him commentating! Those guys make the racing soooo exciting. Unlike the USA races. Those are the best commentators that WSBK has overseas there. :bow: In my opinion they get me pumped up.

Oh man! I love him commentating! Those guys make the racing soooo exciting. Unlike the USA races. Those are the best commentators that WSBK has overseas there. :bow: In my opinion they get me pumped up.

I just don't like how he gets excited over something that has happend like 15 mins ago and how he talks over the calm commentator who knows his shit cause he used to race. I don't feel like taking the time to find their names out but you know who they are.

The ex racer will be mid sentence or will have noticed that someone has passed or is about to pass and the other focker will just cut in with some dumb "texas two step" line. Or some misc. fact that someone just handed to him on a piece of paper.

He was killing me at the begining of the season with all his texas jokes and he is still talking about Ms. Spies or Spies' MUM in the pits. I think he wanks off to all the shots of her in the pits.

Other than that he is pretty cool to listen to but its almost like he is watching the race with like 5 min lag from what I'm watching.

Edited by nochknstrps