Bike Deal Fell Through...Suggestions Please

Sara_Rides

:rant: Sort of anyway---so I was making a deal with a dude in Michigan to buy a 2000 Yamaha XT225 and today we got a phone call from the dude and he is frickin selling it to someone else becase they can be there tomorrow at noon and I was planning to rent a truck to pick it up but he is selling to someone else!! GRRR...I'm a little pissed off about it actually because I was REALLY hoping to be on two wheels by this weekend.

So, I'm buying a truck....but in the mean time, any suggestions for where to look for a bike, what to look at and how in the HELL to avoid this issue in the future??

Well, the this is with the dual sport...yes that is what I really want, and the reason behind it is because I want to trail ride, like I do on my TTR, plus my fiance rides dual and I want to be able to go where he goes. Like I said, I want a sport bike too, but my price range is limited to like $1,500.00...My dream sport bike is the Glaudis...but I want the dual sport first so I can still go off-road, I just love the trails...

Are you you keeping your dirt bike? If so, do you really need the dual sport? A little bit more of a pain to haul when you want to ride trial, but like a few others have said the SV 650's are really nice bikes if you can go a bit past your budget.

Pretty close to the Gladius you like.

I bet if you got a street bike you would be on the road more for a while anyway.

OMG, Thank you! I never dreamed anyone would do true research!! That is awesome!!

I have found that the fellas of ohio-riders are really helpful and resourceful, when they're not being smartasses.

(and some of them are hot)

I have found that the fellas of ohio-riders are really helpful and resourceful, when they're not being smartasses.

wha???? :wtf: where? You sure you weren't drunk while you were lookin? the guys around here look like defective cabbage patch kids with a severe case of leprosy....:D

wha???? :wtf: where? You sure you weren't drunk while you were lookin? the guys around here look like defective cabbage patch kids with a severe case of leprosy....:D

She's talking about me, I'm hawt.

image.php?u=2423&dateline=1226078744&type=profile

She must be one of the girls in the minivans I always see looking at me....