An idea for group rides...

Likwid

So I've used it before but not a lot of my friends in the are were using it.

Google maps for mobile phone + Latitude.

Google maps is a decent gps for your phone and Latitude lets you set up a friend's list and on share your GPS location.

Depending what you guys think... just turn on GMaps, click on latitude and ride... any friends could just open it and meet you somewhere.

Thoughts? Not feasible?

Then we could have Casper write an active widget mashable that would take all the signals when you log into OR.net over your phone, and place them on a map of ohio.

Or, we could leave the stalking to facebook.

:lol:

If someone wants to meet up with me and ride you can either PM for my cell # or just get a hold of me on here. What did we do before cell phones and GPS?

I've got a GPS enabled phone, but it's not a smartphone.

Just did a bit of research and ATT has again dicked up their phones and locked the GPS so only ATT Navigator works on it. Until Google decides to write a program to use the GPS in the phone I'm stuck with paying $5 a month for Navigator or using 2400ft accuracy, and cell towers, with google maps.

I just remembered. RideOhio and this other NEO site I go to have some kind of text messaging system. Everyone that wants to belong inputs their # into their user CP. With this they send a text out to the site text # with a key word like Ohioriders then their message and it gets sent out to all the people who have their # in the loop. I don't know if it's possible here on this site but it would work. Aother thing would be having it set for a region and having the keyword changed just a little like Ohioriders/NE.

Maybe Casper would know because I have not a clue other than the text messages I get from time to time.

Edited by Lost1888

When we went down to KY, Xtremef4i and I were following directions printed on notepad that were taped on my gas tank. :) Easy to read while on the road and it guided us great.

It's called Ghetto gps. :flag:

Me too, but I use really big letters, so I can actually see it...

oh, and I do have gps, and it talks to me over FM, and actually works well.