Q102FM motorcycle rant. Did you cincy folks here it?

NinjaNick

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That that whole physics thing is pretty inconvenient isn't it? :rolleyes:

Yeah, do we really need to start posting pix again? Nah, he's not worth my time. I'll never see him on the street...............I dont look in my mirrors.;)

That that whole physics thing is pretty inconvenient isn't it? :rolleyes:

Sure, if pushed to the absolute limits, the r6 can corner faster than the busa (perfect rider on both). HOWEVER, rider skill plays a massive role when you're talking a real race in real life, the differences diminish quickly...

we're talking about the difference between 2 sport bikes, it's not like sam is rolling up on a stretched and raked chopper with highway bars and a 300 tire...:popcorn:

alright, lets break this down to it's core components...

cornering: r6 has an edge, depending on how good the rider is...mmkay

acceleration: Busa, clear advantage

Top speed: Busa , clear advantage

Comfort: Busa, clear advantage

so if you're talking practicality and usefullness for everyday riding, the Busa is clearly superior. Unless you spend your whole life on a road track, a 'Busa is going to hang with an r6 just fine, and in most cases leave it behind after every red light and stop sign...the R6 may be able to go into corners harder, carrying more speed, but the 'Busa will more than make up for it on exit speed and acceleration.

I know sam has done some serious miles on long trips on his Busa. I'd be interested to see if serpent could hang after a 14 hour trip on his 6

alright, lets break this down to it's core components...

cornering: r6 has an edge, depending on how good the rider is...mmkay

acceleration: Busa, clear advantage

Top speed: Busa , clear advantage

Comfort: Busa, clear advantage

so if you're talking practicality and usefullness for everyday riding, the Busa is clearly superior. Unless you spend your whole life on a road track, a 'Busa is going to hang with an r6 just fine, and in most cases leave it behind after every red light and stop sign...the R6 may be able to go into corners harder, carrying more speed, but the 'Busa will more than make up for it on exit speed and acceleration.

I know sam has done some serious miles on long trips on his Busa. I'd be interested to see if serpent could hang after a 14 hour trip on his 6

I'm not going to argue this to much, but I would like to say that on my 6R when I was living in AZ I went riding with 3 busas...there is a stretch of highway called the beeline from Payson, az to scottsdale, az. It's about 65 miles. My average speed down the mountain was in the 130-140mph range. Went from the top to the bottom in roughly 28 minutes. Lots of huge fast sweepers, some tight turns, and some straights. I won't lie, we raced down the mountain. It was stupid. But the point of the story, I ended up about 3 minutes ahead of all 3 busas at the bottom of the mountain. They were pretty good riders too.

And I have absolutely no idea what the rest of this thread is about I just felt like talking about my beating busas at high speeds.

I will concede to Magz' points. The gf hates the R6, so add pillion to that list.

Whatever advantage that would be, is slight.

My g/f didn't last 200 miles on the back of the 'busa. In fact, I don't think she's been on the back for more than 10 miles since.

My g/f didn't last 200 miles on the back of the 'busa. In fact, I don't think she's been on the back for more than 10 miles since.

She needs to toughen that ass up. My wifey has been on some long haul rides with me. No worries. My daughter is starting to ride with me now.:cool:

even with the corbin?