2010 Honda VFR1200

Hoblick

honda-v4-3.jpg&w=900

honda-v4-1.jpg&w=900

2010 Honda VFR1200 Spy Shots

Yes, you’ve surely seen the stuff circulating in Europe about some official Honda photos of the much-speculated V5-powered replacement for the VFR coming in 2010, but these are actual shots of what is surely the U.S. version prototype undergoing field testing. Needless to say, the Honda personnel weren’t too happy about the bike being spotted, and they hurriedly covered it and rolled it up into a waiting box truck.

The new bike is said to be a sport-touring mount powered by a V4 engine with displacement around 1200cc. It is claimed to have variable cylinder technology, allowing it to “turn off” two cylinders (presumably the rear bank) while cruising in order to save fuel. European publications are claiming that the engine will have power “approaching 200 horsepower”, but considering Honda’s corporate philosophy and the intended market, we seriously doubt it.

2010 Honda VFR1200 Spy Shots

Obvious in the photos is the shaft drive/single-sided swingarm combination, along with what looks to be a 6.00-inch-wide rear wheel. The bodywork looks to have a slightly unorthodox headlight up front, with the fairing having a stepped channel running up the side presumably to help with radiator heat evacuation and keep engine heat off the rider. The exhaust canister also has some unique styling, with dual exits coming out of the cone-shaped muffler. The aluminum perimeter frame obviously looks pretty beefy as well.

We’ll be posting more information as it becomes available. Stay tuned.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-v4.html

http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_0906_2010_honda_vfr1200_spy_photos/index.html

i cant wait for the actual production bike.

i will for sure own one!

About time someone spied one! I was getting really tired of the crappy photochops (see post #3). Still, that is one weird looking bike at this stage, but looks smaller than the current model.

In a few years I'll probably go back to ST, it'll be between this new VFR, a Triumph Sprint, and a BMW K bike (if I can afford one).

Thanks for the post, I stopped visiting VFR world. :p

Looks promising. We'll see - looks like a long wheelbase sport-tourer with some guts. I see the shaft, but please no push button tranny or auto!

I also like some of the press I've heard (if accurate) that the 1200 V4 will be a power plant to be used in a variety of bikes. Like the early 80's when there was a cruiser, standard, and sport.

Looks promising. We'll see - looks like a long wheelbase sport-tourer with some guts. I see the shaft, but please no push button tranny or auto!

I also like some of the press I've heard (if accurate) that the 1200 V4 will be a power plant to be used in a variety of bikes. Like the early 80's when there was a cruiser, standard, and sport.

if you look its got a shifter so lets hope it stays that way!

Finally....A pseudo replacement for the 'Bird! Agree with the hedge on 200hp...That 'aint Honda

Love the styling.....Still with the banana seat though?!?